Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Parachuting

Crafted92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crafted92

So yeah sometimes i see people dive off of tall buildings and manage to deploy a parachute or drop from heli's and do it but i cant figure it out i always just fall to my death when i try escape a exploding heli any clues on how to achieve these parachute falls ( Ps3 Controls Plz :D )  

ta
    dimdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dimdum

press x again after jumping, and if that doesn't work keep pressing x

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

Easy, just double tap X when falling and hold the X button on the second tap. You'll notice you become more 'floaty' as you fall after you've done this, a sign your chute has deployed :)

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By raiz265

Just press the jump-button/key again when you're in the air. 

I guess the game manual could have told you that too. But those things are for douches!

Crafted92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crafted92

i did have a quick look in the game manual didnt see anything in there about it maybe i missed or summat but i didnt see it in there, thx for replies
    Mysterio76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mysterio76
    @Crafted92 said:
    "So yeah sometimes i see people dive off of tall buildings and manage to deploy a parachute or drop from heli's and do it but i cant figure it out i always just fall to my death when i try escape a exploding heli any clues on how to achieve these parachute falls ( Ps3 Controls Plz :D )   ta "

pressing X does the job, the longer you wait to deploy the chute the less chance you have of being shot on the way down, just dont leave it too late or you will get the epic fail screen :(
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By xMP44x

As has been said before, double tapping the X or A button depending on your console (PS3, 360) will open your parachute. Personally how I notice if my chute is open is by looking at my gun. If the gun moves up and you can see more of it, the chute is open. Also: if you're falling over water I don't think you need to open your chute, but I'm probably wrong with that thought.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Parachuting shouldn't be in this game. People just jump from choppers when they lose a little health instead of landing it and repairing it. Bad Company 1 had it better.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

I wait until I'm pretty close to ground before I deploy my parachute or else you're just a floating target.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By the8bitNacho
    @Crafted92 said:
    " i did have a quick look in the game manual didnt see anything in there about it maybe i missed or summat but i didnt see it in there, thx for replies "
    It's become series tradition for them to not include the controls for parachuting in the instruction manual.  As a result, this question pops up all over the damn place after every Battlefield launch.
    AngelKore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngelKore

It is quit hilarious watching the people drop from 3 feet and then deploying the parachute, because then the parachute stays deployed on them for another 5 seconds whilst they are running around.
    Poor sods don't know they have given their position away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.