Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

PS3 - Patch 1.04

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mmmslash

So, yesterday the PS3 got patch 1.03, with a laundry list of fixes and changes, almost all great. The issue was the game was neigh unplayable when I booted it up, getting some of the worst latency issues in a game, in my entire life. This was a 250mb patch. 

Today I boot it up, and I have to download a 550mb 1.04 patch. Does anyone know where I can find the patchnotes for this? I have no idea what it does, but half a gig seems a bit high for just some network code action, doesn't it?
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

Wierd. Didn't get patch 1.04. Didn't have any latency issues myself either. Played around 10 hours or so since the patch.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mmmslash
    @Seppli: Are you NA? Evidently only NA users have gotten it, so far. 

Either way, be happy, since no one can connect to any servers using 1.04 yet. I imagine the servers themselves are being updated.
    skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By skunk
    Jayross  made a thread a couple lines down that has the patch notes. Supposedly the file size it large because there's new buildings/trees/stuff peppered around the maps but I can't get in yet to confirm. Overall looking pretty good though. I just wish they'd add some kind of penalty to retard teammates putting C4's on crates and blowing them up on purpose.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Seppli
    @skunk said:
    " Jayross  made a thread a couple lines down that has the patch notes. Supposedly the file size it large because there's new buildings/trees/stuff peppered around the maps but I can't get in yet to confirm. Overall looking pretty good though. I just wish they'd add some kind of penalty to retard teammates putting C4's on crates and blowing them up on purpose. "
    Nah - that's patch 1.03.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lilbigsupermario

I think 1.04 is this one from Battlefield blog: 

The update includes the following changes:

• Kit images added in spawn menu
    • Fixed the "required rank" field on the unlock items specified on the W&G page
    • Added M14, NS 2000 and G3 in-game unlock pop-up when the requirements for unlocking them are reached
    • Added a server side check of the veteran status of the players
    • Award bugfix for "Win all 4 game modes" (it had marksman headshot as a dependency)
    • Garand did not track anything, Thompson tracked Garand.
    • Increased the penalty points for TeamKill and TeamDamage
    • Increased the reward points for Objective Actions (Flag Cap/Assist, Arm/Disarm/Destroy/Damage/TeamDestroy/TeamDamage)
    • Fixed veteran rank number not showing up in ingame scoreboard
    • The southpaw setting now works for the anti-air gun and the Stationary AT
    • Collectible weapon messages fixed    

Seems like the latency issues have lessened with the server updates/maintenance, but there are still times that I see some lag, but nothing game-breaking and not as bad as before.  I also noticed that when you get hit and you don't die, the red blood on your screen takes a long time to recover compared to before; I just don't know why it stays longer now, maybe it will stay there until your character heals up to completely 100%.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.