Due to the further extended PSN Outage, I've joined the ranks of BF:BC 2 players on PC. Here are my first impressions.
- Super pretty and running smooth (rendering at 1080p all cranked up except MSAA)
- Competition way less stiff than expected (PS3 community seems a lot meaner due to a higher percentage of dedicated players and much higher threatlevel choppers)
- Choppers are a joke in comparison (controls are so awkward and the threatlevel is superlow)
- Vietnam Huey is insanely sturdy in comparison, like a flying tank (steers like one too)
- Server Browser is Mana from Heaven (No problem finding full servers, since there's pages full of 'em for both vanilla and Vietnam)
- Conquest is better with 32 players (naturally), while Rush seemed worse (respawn times are too quick for defenders, making successful attacking harder than it should be)
- mixed modes servers (running Rush AND Conquest - sorely missed on consoles)
Surprisingly - I don't feel like infantry is posing a higher threat due to KB&M controls. There are no players at a total loss, like you'll see on gamepads, but it's far from the headshot fest I feared it to be. Overall, I'd say the competition is less stiff on PC, since its casual audience seems to make up a larger portion of its playerbase than on consoles, where players seem to be more dedicated. Hardly saw any rank 50 players in my first session. Also - the low threatlevel choppers change how the game feels a lot. So relaxing and low stress. Being somewhat of a choppa-ho myself, that's a double-edged sword. Guess it's to the game's benefit overall.