Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Ranking up with Style

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By Cloudleet

So, I've never been much of an online gamer, especially when it comes to FPS online. I love the fps format though and I play most of the big ones through the singleplayer, because my experience from first person shooters online can simply be boiled down to 12 year olds shouting over the mic, campers and afk'ers. Now, I won't say that I've never played first person shooters online. I have played a big amount of Halo 3 and TF2 in my time, but that too has slowed down. So, after hearing friends and not to mention the Giantbomb forums talking about the brilliant multiplayer in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 it got me thinking: I really wanna play this online and rank up not only my character but myself and my view on online gaming! 
    So, I thought I would use this blog to log how/if my view is changing, and maybe one day I'll end up loving the online shooter as well!

I've already played two rounds online and it did not go directly horrible. I died alot, but I did get a few kills and ended up on the winning team in the second round and all in all, it was great fun, so now, I'm gonna head to the TV and play more!

(The game is being played on 360, if you would like to join me, my gamertag is Cloudleet)

Session 1: Booted it up to find that my progress from my two previous rounds had been wiped. I looked around and found that this has happened to a few people and that it will be fixed in an update. I only had time for one round before I had to go to work and I ended up with a K/D ratio of 5:26. This is gonna take some time.

Session 2: Today went alot better than yesterday, averaging over 6 rounds on a K/D ratio of 6/13. Unlocked a Sniper Rifle and reached Rank 1 (so I guess that means the game will actually admit I'm playing it now.) Had a lot of fun and can't wait to play more.

So, haven't gotten the time to play this lately, due to new games constantly coming out, but I have not given up and will continue as soon as I can.

Session 3: Things have started to roll. I reached Rank 2, got two pins (7 Sniper kills and 7 LMG kills). The game is getting more fun by the round.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Cloudleet

So, I've never been much of an online gamer, especially when it comes to FPS online. I love the fps format though and I play most of the big ones through the singleplayer, because my experience from first person shooters online can simply be boiled down to 12 year olds shouting over the mic, campers and afk'ers. Now, I won't say that I've never played first person shooters online. I have played a big amount of Halo 3 and TF2 in my time, but that too has slowed down. So, after hearing friends and not to mention the Giantbomb forums talking about the brilliant multiplayer in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 it got me thinking: I really wanna play this online and rank up not only my character but myself and my view on online gaming! 
    So, I thought I would use this blog to log how/if my view is changing, and maybe one day I'll end up loving the online shooter as well!

I've already played two rounds online and it did not go directly horrible. I died alot, but I did get a few kills and ended up on the winning team in the second round and all in all, it was great fun, so now, I'm gonna head to the TV and play more!

(The game is being played on 360, if you would like to join me, my gamertag is Cloudleet)

Session 1: Booted it up to find that my progress from my two previous rounds had been wiped. I looked around and found that this has happened to a few people and that it will be fixed in an update. I only had time for one round before I had to go to work and I ended up with a K/D ratio of 5:26. This is gonna take some time.

Session 2: Today went alot better than yesterday, averaging over 6 rounds on a K/D ratio of 6/13. Unlocked a Sniper Rifle and reached Rank 1 (so I guess that means the game will actually admit I'm playing it now.) Had a lot of fun and can't wait to play more.

So, haven't gotten the time to play this lately, due to new games constantly coming out, but I have not given up and will continue as soon as I can.

Session 3: Things have started to roll. I reached Rank 2, got two pins (7 Sniper kills and 7 LMG kills). The game is getting more fun by the round.

Zapbrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Zapbrader

Starting fresh in this game is pretty rough, just keep that in mind. But once you hit level 14/15 and unlock body armour/magnum ammo, it should be smooth sailing from there on.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cloudleet
    @Zapbrader:  Thanks for the tip! I'll keep that in mind
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By Jayross

Good luck in your journey, and try not to snipe too much...

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sogeman

Take your time, don't run around at the beginning.

And progress is never really wiped, it's just when the load on the stats server are too big it can't get them and tells you, you have nothing. It's all still there and should return the next time you exit or boot up the game.

Play Medic at the beginning for points, though you'll have to kill a bit before you get the Defib and Medkit.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cloudleet
    @Jayross:  I try to play each class evenly so there is some sniping, but not alot. I just wish others would chill on the sniping, I die so many times from sniper-fire it's getting sad.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Cloudleet said:
    " @Jayross:  I try to play each class evenly so there is some sniping, but not alot. I just wish others would chill on the sniping, I die so many times from sniper-fire it's getting sad. "
    I tend to be the MVP. Maybe I will join you and help you rank up a bit Cloud.  

Do you have Vietnam? 
    Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cloudleet
    @The_Laughing_Man:  That would be awesome! I don't have Vietman, as far as I know anyway, but come payday (probably tomorrow) and I'll get it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.