Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Ranks & Unlocks in BF: Vietnam!!

P_R_0_G_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By P_R_0_G_Z

Hey guys,

Im new the community and this is my first post so far. But I been wondering lately what is Dice going to do with our current ranks and unlocks? Like Im guessing the weapon unlocks wont be in vietnam but what about our character levels? Will they be at the same numbers? Will I have to start over? What about my stats? How is this going to work out? I tried looking around and nothing really shows up. EA has been like hush hush on some of this stuff. Im so confused about this game. Can someone shed some light on this please? Pretty pumped for this expansion, I wish they would just release it already. I doubt it wont be out till like December considering Call of Duty just came out! :(

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

If EA is being hush hush about it then I doubt anyone is going to be able to shed any light.

P_R_0_G_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By P_R_0_G_Z
    @Axxol: 

Well I haven't been checking out news everyday about it, since I been gaming a lot more then just looking online. But maybe someone heard something that I didnt.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Raymayne

Why does the number next to your name matter so much? 0_0 Just play it... 

Also, no news has been released on it so you won't find any hot info here.

P_R_0_G_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By P_R_0_G_Z
    @Raymayne:  Why does it matter? Well lets see, it bascially shows that I actually put time in the game, and if your a Level 1 and Im a level 30 (Which in BF:BC2 takes a bit of time to get up to) I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHOSE THE NOOB IN THE GAME.

But, in other words... that sucks.(no news i guess...!)
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Bouke
    @P_R_0_G_Z:
    How can you tell if someone is a "noob" by the level they are!? I mean if someone is level 4 and you are level 30; it doesn't mean you're better! I just means you spent more time playing the game. And that isn't even totally true because if you score a lot of points you level faster then people that don't; two people of the same level don't have the same skill.
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Nadafinga
    @P_R_0_G_Z: 
    Persistent character progression from the core BC2 game will carry over into the expansion. If you're, for example, a level 30 in the game right now, you'll be level 30 when you jump into the expansion, and all XP will count towards your level.  It says on the official website:

" The expansion is integrated with the full game persistence, so no matter what theatre of war you participate in, you will continue to level up your soldier as usual." 

Of course all the weapons will be unique to the Vietnam era, and there will be new weapons & gadgets with their own proficiency stars. There will be new acheivments/trophies, and it's safe to assume there will also be new pins and insignias.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Marcsman

No scopes period. So I think your character's level is pretty irrelevant.
    P_R_0_G_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By P_R_0_G_Z
    @Bouke said:
    " @P_R_0_G_Z: How can you tell if someone is a "noob" by the level they are!? I mean if someone is level 4 and you are level 30; it doesn't mean you're better! I just means you spent more time playing the game. And that isn't even totally true because if you score a lot of points you level faster then people that don't; two people of the same level don't have the same skill. "
    LOL I meant to put a LOL in that sentence. I didn't mean for someone to take it as serious as you did. Im saying like if I'm level 30 I deff want people to know that I am, and well that I spent a SHITLOAD of time doing it.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Bouke
    @P_R_0_G_Z:
    Sure! I get what you're saying; if i see someome who is level 50, i'm like; Wow he most be pretty good, because he played the game for such a long time!  

WIth the Vietnam expansion its basicly the same game with different skins. I'm pretty sure you start back at level 1 and unlock perks and guns; just like in Bad Company 2. I found this interview with one of the developers at TGS (by Gamespot) which shows some of the levels; vehicles and weapons and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQIB69_pcps    
    P_R_0_G_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By P_R_0_G_Z

Yeah I seen that video deff still looks great to get! The EA blog stated that it will include the flamerthrower! Im pumped to see how that goes in the battlefield!

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Jayross

Hmm... If I'm not mistaken, you will be the same level as you are in BC2, and I believe all of the weapons are unlocked from the start. 

It seems very much like 1943, where you won't be unlocking any weapons. I'm not sure if that means each class only has 1 primary weapon (I hope not), or if there will be some different weapons to choose from in the different classes. 

I am also interested to know how the flamethrower works, eg, what class is it for, etc.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Nadafinga
    @Bouke said:

" @P_R_0_G_Z:
    I'm pretty sure you start back at level 1 and unlock perks and guns;  "

Nope. 

@Jayross said:

" Hmm... If I'm not mistaken, you will be the same level as you are in BC2, and I believe all of the weapons are unlocked from the start.  "

Jayross has it right.  Everything you need to know is on the Battlefield Blog: 
    • 15 classic Vietnam-era weapons and 6 vehicles are available from the moment you go online
    • The expansion is integrated with the full game persistence, so no matter what theatre of war you participate in, you will continue to level up your soldier as usual

Seriously guys, the info is right there, I bolded the important parts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.