Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Return to Castle Evil 5: The Adventures of Bad Company

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By DarkGamerOO7

What up, Giant Bomb!

I went to GameStop yesturday night with the twenty dollars I recieved for easter, and bought 1600 Microsoft Points to buy Perfect Dark from the Xbox Live Marketplace, and the two Resident Evil 5 Episodes (Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape). I haven't play Resident Evil 5 in a while,  I believe the last time I played it was over the summer. Now unlike most people, I thourghly loved Resident Evil 5, in fact, I enjoyed it much more than Resident Evil 4. Although that may be due to the fact that I played the PC version of Resident Evil 4 which was terrible. 

Now Resident Evil 5 was by no means a scary game, neither in my mind was Resident Evil 4 (quick note, I have not played an previous Resident Evil games) and I do not scare easily. Doom 3, F.E.A.R., Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil 5 all failed to legitimately scare me, that is atleast until I played Lost in Nightmares. Now I have not finished Lost in Nightmares, I plan on doing that tonight, but from what I did play, it scared the shit out of me. The whole atmosphere was perfect, the mansion was old, run down, poorly lit, and was quiet. The haunting music, lightning, claustrophobic hallways, and the journals created a very tense and dark mood. You knew something was going to happen, but you don't know when, which creates tension.  I also much enjoyed the slow pace of the game, the fact that the entire first part of it is just a giant puzzle was brilliant and a nice change of pace from the main game's play style of just shooting everything that moved. I can say that this five dollar Episode managed to legitimately scare me, so please Capcom make future Resident Evil games play more like this Episode did, and add the ability to move and shoot (ala Dead Space) and I will be a happy man.

I also managed to finally finish Battlefield: Bad Company 2's Campaign yesturday as well. Technically there was nothing wrong with the campaign, the story was interesting and well told, the characters were there, the levels were well designed and the game was a blast to play. Like the first Bad Company, the campaign felt as cinematic as a movie. I did have some issues as a fan of Bad Company though, I felt DICE went a little too far on try to make the campaign serious, I wanted more "You smell very clean" and a pyromaniac redneck invading a neutral country screaming "THERES GOLD IN THEM THAR HILLS" moments. There were a few funny moments in the campaign but most of them you had to sit around to listen to, and they weren't a main part of the plot like they were for Bad Company. It is really odd however that the last part of the campaign feels truly Bad Company and you can really see the characters and laughs come to life, which makes it more of a shame that the rest of the game wasn't like that. I also think the swearing felt forced and overused in spots, I like the fact that DICE included swearing (well more of it) in the game, and swear when used right can make something absolutley halarious. A prime example of this would be in the first episode of Red vs Blue, where (I can't remember the people who were talking) were asking each other why they were in there, and one responds "If we pulled out today they would have two bases in a box desert caynon, whoopy-fucking-do." Adding in that "fucking" made the statement more hilarious than if he would have just said "whoopy-do". But every other word out of Bad Company's mouth was a swear and it just felt overused, forced, and out of character, especially for Sweetwater, who is a momma's boy, so he really wouldn't swear. I also noticed that towards the end of the campaign the characters swore less, and the game felt more funny.  The other part of the campaign that felt off was the linear levels. I enjoyed the first Bad Company so much because it played out like Halo: Combat Evovled and Halo 3 did, you fought in open pusedo-sandbox environments on foot, then jumped into a vechicle and traversed to the next checkpoint or level. It felt solid and fun, but DICE chose to make the game linear like Call of Duty, which I feel is a step in the wrong direction, but like I said, other than my nitpicks and comments as a fan of the Bad Company series, there was nothing technically wrong with Bad Company 2's campaign and while it may not sound like it from this post, I thought it was great, and a well made campaign. I think if DICE makes a Battlefield: Bad Company 3, they need to bring back the humour and silliness of the first Bad Company. 

"You're in Bad Company now bitches!"

-DarkGamerOO7

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

What up, Giant Bomb!

I went to GameStop yesturday night with the twenty dollars I recieved for easter, and bought 1600 Microsoft Points to buy Perfect Dark from the Xbox Live Marketplace, and the two Resident Evil 5 Episodes (Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape). I haven't play Resident Evil 5 in a while,  I believe the last time I played it was over the summer. Now unlike most people, I thourghly loved Resident Evil 5, in fact, I enjoyed it much more than Resident Evil 4. Although that may be due to the fact that I played the PC version of Resident Evil 4 which was terrible. 

Now Resident Evil 5 was by no means a scary game, neither in my mind was Resident Evil 4 (quick note, I have not played an previous Resident Evil games) and I do not scare easily. Doom 3, F.E.A.R., Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil 5 all failed to legitimately scare me, that is atleast until I played Lost in Nightmares. Now I have not finished Lost in Nightmares, I plan on doing that tonight, but from what I did play, it scared the shit out of me. The whole atmosphere was perfect, the mansion was old, run down, poorly lit, and was quiet. The haunting music, lightning, claustrophobic hallways, and the journals created a very tense and dark mood. You knew something was going to happen, but you don't know when, which creates tension.  I also much enjoyed the slow pace of the game, the fact that the entire first part of it is just a giant puzzle was brilliant and a nice change of pace from the main game's play style of just shooting everything that moved. I can say that this five dollar Episode managed to legitimately scare me, so please Capcom make future Resident Evil games play more like this Episode did, and add the ability to move and shoot (ala Dead Space) and I will be a happy man.

I also managed to finally finish Battlefield: Bad Company 2's Campaign yesturday as well. Technically there was nothing wrong with the campaign, the story was interesting and well told, the characters were there, the levels were well designed and the game was a blast to play. Like the first Bad Company, the campaign felt as cinematic as a movie. I did have some issues as a fan of Bad Company though, I felt DICE went a little too far on try to make the campaign serious, I wanted more "You smell very clean" and a pyromaniac redneck invading a neutral country screaming "THERES GOLD IN THEM THAR HILLS" moments. There were a few funny moments in the campaign but most of them you had to sit around to listen to, and they weren't a main part of the plot like they were for Bad Company. It is really odd however that the last part of the campaign feels truly Bad Company and you can really see the characters and laughs come to life, which makes it more of a shame that the rest of the game wasn't like that. I also think the swearing felt forced and overused in spots, I like the fact that DICE included swearing (well more of it) in the game, and swear when used right can make something absolutley halarious. A prime example of this would be in the first episode of Red vs Blue, where (I can't remember the people who were talking) were asking each other why they were in there, and one responds "If we pulled out today they would have two bases in a box desert caynon, whoopy-fucking-do." Adding in that "fucking" made the statement more hilarious than if he would have just said "whoopy-do". But every other word out of Bad Company's mouth was a swear and it just felt overused, forced, and out of character, especially for Sweetwater, who is a momma's boy, so he really wouldn't swear. I also noticed that towards the end of the campaign the characters swore less, and the game felt more funny.  The other part of the campaign that felt off was the linear levels. I enjoyed the first Bad Company so much because it played out like Halo: Combat Evovled and Halo 3 did, you fought in open pusedo-sandbox environments on foot, then jumped into a vechicle and traversed to the next checkpoint or level. It felt solid and fun, but DICE chose to make the game linear like Call of Duty, which I feel is a step in the wrong direction, but like I said, other than my nitpicks and comments as a fan of the Bad Company series, there was nothing technically wrong with Bad Company 2's campaign and while it may not sound like it from this post, I thought it was great, and a well made campaign. I think if DICE makes a Battlefield: Bad Company 3, they need to bring back the humour and silliness of the first Bad Company. 

"You're in Bad Company now bitches!"

-DarkGamerOO7

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.