Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

server problems? all my games are 4 vs 4

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By buft

3 days ago i rebought this game and i picked up Vietnam as well, the first day i played i got full servers and it was going great but the last 2 days every match i join is 4 vs 4 or less and if im lucky by the match end the game is 6 vs 6, even if i stay in the game match after match eventually as people leave it ends up with just me and 1 or two others and doesnt add any more players forcing me to leave to find another server. 
    anyone else experiencing anything similar? its starting to bug me a bit. 

edit: turns out im not alone, from the games official twitter 

OfficialBFBC2 We are aware of the connection and matchmaking issues for Xbox 360 and are working on solving them. Thank you for your patience.4 hours ago · reply

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

So judging from your post you play it on the PC. Well it's abysmal on the consoles too. Vietnam especially. I play it on the PS3 and I have such a hard time getting into matches with more the 4v4 players. The best I had was 8v4 but that's due the most amazing matchmaking system since the invention of the battery operated vagina. Just yesterday I went online and all my stats were at zero, an acorance all too familiar on BC2. On the plus side games have been way more stable due to the low player count. The game doesn't piss itself out as much as it used to. 

Could be somethings up with the EA servers. I've posted it on the BFBC2 forums and so far no one from EA or DICE has responded to my question. Ohh well. With Dead Space 2 coming out very soon and Killzone 3 is coming next month not to mention the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 I think I'll get over not playing BC2. Good game but I wish it was more stable.  

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By buft
    @Mordukai: no im on 360, what i mean is im forced to leave one game and find another one in matchmaking, but they are never full and dont seem to be adding new players during the match
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By infininja

I don't know what about his post suggested he plays on PC. ??? 

It was pretty bad yesterday, but it seemed to be working today. Didn't play a whole lot though.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By buft
    @Infininja said:
    " I don't know what about his post suggested he plays on PC. ???  It was pretty bad yesterday, but it seemed to be working today. Didn't play a whole lot though. "
    from there official twitter 4 hours ago  
      OfficialBFBC2   We are aware of the connection and matchmaking issues for Xbox 360 and are working on solving them. Thank you for your patience.4 hours ago · reply
    Stupot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stupot

Is anyone still getting server issues (360)? Because i can't find a game to get into anymore let alone 3 vs 3. I'm pretty sure more than 1 person is playing vietnam....right?

Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Riddell

Yeah, still experiencing server issues.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By infininja
    @Stupot said:
    " Is anyone still getting server issues (360)? Because i can't find a game to get into anymore let alone 3 vs 3. I'm pretty sure more than 1 person is playing vietnam....right? "
    Any time I find a good game the other team loses so hard that it turns into a 3 vs 3 situation. The game will throw in another 1-3 players occasionally but they quit out before it can really fill up. :|
    withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By withateethuh

Its been getting better from what I've seen, but its still kinda shady.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Jayross

Man... game is messed up!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.