shotguns

#1 Posted by gnark1ll420 (101 posts) -

i would like to think that a point blank blast from a shotty to you head would kill you but not for me lately. but what is your fave shotgun?
#2 Posted by Mikemcn (6968 posts) -

Saiga, followed Closely By USAS, the pump action ones make you feel like a badass, but are terrible at actually killing fools.

#3 Posted by swamplord666 (1758 posts) -

Hate using Shotties in general so don't have a favorite. but I guess USAS is a good one. Used it to protect an MCOM and it helped alot!

#4 Posted by jkz (4008 posts) -

Saiga with slugs. It's like a sniper rifle without any bullet drop. Outstanding.

#5 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

The one between my legs... WHAT UP!!! 

I gotto go to bed...

#6 Posted by KimChi4U (368 posts) -

Neostad is my favorite. Sure sucks if you miss, but if you hit at close range, you feel like a badass.
#7 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

I love the SPAS-12, just because it is the most badass shotgun in the game :P.

#8 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

SAIGA and NS 2000 are the only choices.

#9 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

SAIGA and Remington 870.

#10 Posted by SamSharp505 (210 posts) -

870 with or w/o slugs, starting to use w/o recently it's still a beast on hardcore. 
Also because of using it without I got my gold star with my M9 :P

#11 Posted by Tennmuerti (8059 posts) -

SAIGA
Pump action ones are a bit unreliable since if you accidentally miss or are not close enough you are usually screwed  as the other guy will off you before the next round is pumped into the chamber. I usually only use shottys to assault Mcoms as Recon since after arming and placing the C$ you can throw down a motion mine to watch for dudes coming to disarm. when they come close use the C4, then if more come use shotty to clean up.

#12 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

spas-12

#13 Posted by iFail (236 posts) -

I find that all the shotguns work for me, but after taking out one guy it's hard to get his buddies. I prefer the 870 for close up and saiga 20 for a bit farther. Once I get slugs I plan on sticking with the 870.

#14 Edited by AestheticSynthesis (414 posts) -

40mm shotgun under my rifle or one of the pump action ones with slugs.

#15 Posted by Belottishank (4 posts) -
@swamplord666: good stuff! ^^
#16 Posted by Jones (51 posts) -

I'm a big fan of the 870 I just love using it with Slugs and Magnum ammo.

#17 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Neostead with slugs and Magnum ammo. 

Now that's skill.

#18 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Neostead = best stats, worst looks.  

And BFBC2 is screwy like that; a single bullet to the head should incapacitate someone even if they're wearing armor, in BFBC2 it's like 3-4 :/. Even a shotty takes more than one headshot sometimes. 

#19 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -
@Geno said:
" Neostead = best stats, worst looks.   And BFBC2 is screwy like that; a single bullet to the head should incapacitate someone even if they're wearing armor, in BFBC2 it's like 3-4 :/. Even a shotty takes more than one headshot sometimes.  "
Seriously?  I spent hundreds of hours in BFBC2 and never tried softcore mode more than a few matches...it was too much like BFBC1 but worse (with inferior maps and stupid killcam).
#20 Posted by Tuggah (1072 posts) -

870 combat. I feel so bad ass when I get a kill with it.

#21 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@teh_pwnzorer: Yup. An average medium-long range bullet will do 16dmg; so even with headshots (x2.1) each time you will still need to do about 3-4 of them. Pretty frustrating and a stark contrast to most FPSs that are 1 hit kill for headshots. That's why a lot of people like the AN94, because it shoots 2 bullets at once, if your target is still you can get those 3-4 in a bit quicker. 
#22 Posted by TwilitEnd656 (617 posts) -

I likes the SPAS with slugs. Headshots abound.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.