Snipers

#1 Edited by Belottishank (4 posts) -

What's your best or worst experience with the recon class?

#2 Posted by KimChi4U (368 posts) -

best  - sneaking up on them and knifing them 

worst - being shot by them 

Seriously though, I like playing recon only on certain maps where I can find a nice place to sit for awhile, spot and get the occasional headshot.
#3 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

Best- ??? 
Worst - Every time I play as Recon or encounter someone playing as Recon

#4 Posted by Andrela (621 posts) -

34 kill streak in the lighthouse rush level, holding off the lighthouse alone. Using mortar strikes to hold off the squads that are coming down the hill towards me. Eventually I was killed by some guys who had hovered a chopper over the lighthouse and parachuted in, took out 2 of them coming down the stairs before the 3rd got me.

Shit was epic ^^

#5 Posted by dropbearGSH (76 posts) -

Best: Sniping a helicopter pilot, then sniping him again when he tried the same trick once he respawned.  (On the rush map where there is almost always a blackhawk available to the offense.) 

Worst:  Trying to get into close range to kill a recon, only to discover that he has a shotgun.

#6 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

Best - using the M95 rifle like a shotgun in close range 
Worst - having a useless recon teammate who doesn't even spot targets

#7 Posted by Jones (51 posts) -

Best - M24, Red Dot Sight, CHAAAAAAAAAAARGE!11!! Took out  6 people while storming last bomb location in Arica Harbor first taking out three first with no scope then whipping out the colt 45 taking out 2 more and then switching back to sniper and taking out the last with a shot to the head.
Worst - Shooting somebody in the head or upper body only to just get a standard hit with no kill.

#8 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

Best experience: Clicking Assault/Medic/Engineer in the loadout screen, switching out of Recon
Worst experience: Accidentally clicking the Recon button on the loadout screen

#9 Posted by Bravestar (379 posts) -

Best: throwing the motion tracker and killing every red thing on the radar with my shot gun.
Worst: getting sniped, because the wall of bloom and dust made the other snipers invisible, but they somehow managed to see me.

#10 Posted by zeefoes (51 posts) -

Best - Had too many epic experiences to recall a single one.. shit becomes routine. Though I haven't played recon in a long ass time so I probably lost all my skill =(

Worst - Any time I have artillery equipped. I always end up dropping it on myself... fucking bushes... fucking trees... FUCK

#11 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

best: getting the coveted 500m headshot on Arica Harbor.
worst: artillery spamming

#12 Posted by Tuggah (1072 posts) -

Best - anytime I get a kill from a distance with gravity drops.

Worst - playing recon for more than 15 minutes.

#13 Posted by Peacemaker (1103 posts) -

Best:Sniper kills are very satisfying.   
Worst: (while not exactly me).  Being in a squad full of recon on the attacking side.  It's not very helpful.  

#14 Posted by Screwfoots (6 posts) -
@zeefoes said:
"  Worst - Any time I have artillery equipped. I always end up dropping it on myself... fucking bushes... fucking trees... FUCK "  

You are not alone. For Myself, being terrible at the game already, It just adds insult to injury. 

Best/Worse: Motion mine assists account for more of my recon score than actually firing a weapon.
#15 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Best: Sniping a guy in a helicopter, so that the helicopter dropped down onto a moving boat and they both exploded. Shit like that doesn't happen often 

Worst: Every time I try to play BFBC2 now that I haven't been playing for a while. 0,2 kdr yesss

#16 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

Best: Shooting moving targets at 400+ meters away. 
Worst: Everybody switching to recon forcing me to switch to another class. I usually have more points than they do combined.

#17 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Worst: about 7 people on my team hiding on top of the same tree.. "attacking" with artillery

Best: On the islands map, cant spell it. Aimed an inch above a guys head, fired, waited 3 seconds for it to drop into his face... Got 2 Head Shots!! Must have been a guy standing behind him

#18 Posted by armaan8014 (5378 posts) -
@Andrela said:
" 34 kill streak in the lighthouse rush level, holding off the lighthouse alone. Using mortar strikes to hold off the squads that are coming down the hill towards me. Eventually I was killed by some guys who had hovered a chopper over the lighthouse and parachuted in, took out 2 of them coming down the stairs before the 3rd got me.  Shit was epic ^^ "
awesome!
#19 Posted by DrivingBj (61 posts) -
@RandomHero666 said:
" Worst: about 7 people on my team hiding on top of the same tree.. "attacking" with artillery 
I hate that. That would be my worst too.

Best: 10 marksman headshots in a row in less than five minutes.
#20 Edited by yyZiggurat (1014 posts) -

We were attacking the enemy's last M-Com station in Laguna Presa.  The building that the M-Com was in had its walls blown away giving the defenders a good line of sight at anyone trying to arm it.  I noticed how there's enough space under the building for someone to stand.  I selected Recon the next time I died, ran like hell across the river then to the building, I threw all of my C4 at the floor above me then ran to a near by shed and detonated the explosives.  It wasn't enough to take out the station but it did blow most of the floor out (leaving a plank towards the M-Com).  So I take out a guy with my sidearm, run to the M-Com (above ground this time), arm it and fall through the floor before the defenders at the mounted 50 caliber machine guns killed me.  It didn't involve sniping but it was my best experience with Recon.

#21 Posted by Belottishank (4 posts) -
@dropbearGSH said:
" Best: Sniping a helicopter pilot, then sniping him again when he tried the same trick once he respawned.  (On the rush map where there is almost always a blackhawk available to the offense.)  Worst:  Trying to get into close range to kill a recon, only to discover that he has a shotgun. "
same. Reeeeaallly annoying!
#22 Edited by warxsnake (2647 posts) -

Typical experience with Sniper: 

As a sniper in bfbc2 im 90% on the move and only camp when im being actively shot at by another sniper or im just being suppressed. I play the same way in all FPS games whether its TF2, BFBC2...; I hate just sitting there and playing with one hand like most snipers do. The knife ends up being my second most used weapon and this is especially true in TF2 anyway since its so satisfying. Anyway I havent played bfbc2 in a long ass while due to the lack of maps and diversity; waiting for BF3.
I also dont care for people who think snipers are useless, as their own experience as sniper probably didnt turn out so well, just guessing.  
anyway to resize this vid, its tiny, tried the embed code in html editor with larger scale but vid doesnt show.
#23 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Best: Going with a VSS with red-dot/acog and tearing up people. 

Worst: Having 5 recons on the hill not really attacking.

#24 Posted by Garrus (543 posts) -

Single handedly became MVP on Arica Harbour from 3 shots.

Long range sniper shots. Yes I'm very much a team player realistically but this was a game where nobody was bothering to help me all the way through so I decided to go off on my own and do some damage myself. Headshotted 3 snipers from the furthest distance possible and became MVP.

#25 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

When me and my friends would load all of our C4 onto one Humvee or ATV then have one person drive it next to a tank or group of people and then BOOM +500 points.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.