Steam lured new Bad Company 2 Players

#1 Posted by davidjohnkeen (62 posts) -

Just wondering if any other new Bad Company 2 players that were brought in by the insanely cheap sale price on Steam would be interested in getting together for a game?

My username within the game is Ebersol and originaldoive on Steam. Feel free to put similar details on this thread so we can all find each other. 
#2 Posted by TheKeyboardDemon (824 posts) -

Yeah, I always thought that I wouldn't like BFBC2 but when Steam had it so cheap over christmas and someone else I knew was getting I thought why not, and I have been really happy with my choice. Adds for Steam and BFBC2 on the way to you dude.

Enjoy.

#3 Edited by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

I started playing BC2 on the 360 when it launched, but I'd always been curious about the PC experience.  Steam sale was a great opportunity.

It runs so well on my computer it is friggin' insane.  Of course, going back to basic equipment and no perks is a bit of a shock, but it is interesting at least.

My problem is I keep losing connection to the EA server, sometimes 5 minutes into a game, other times 45 minutes, but I keep getting disconnected.  I do not have connection problems with Live or other Steam games.

Edit: I'm Stahlbrand on Steam and in-game.

#4 Posted by rwcohn (130 posts) -
@davidjohnkeen: Add me, brah (spotpilgrim). I'm at work right now so I'll probably forget.
#5 Posted by Finstern (641 posts) -

Username in the game and on steam is Finstern, used to play 360 version a good bit with friends, quite a different game on pc... cant control a helo in any way with the mouse =(

#6 Posted by davidjohnkeen (62 posts) -
@Stahlbrand: The EA server does appear to be really temperamental, it can't seem to log me in automatically without an error. I now just do it manually, no big deal but a big strange. Hopefully they keep improving the stability of the service as more games come out with it included.

Adds incoming. 
#7 Posted by chilipeppersman (1159 posts) -

Yea, thats exactly why I just bought it, I had been watching this game for a while. its $20 everywhere else, and $7!!! seriously? steam is getting more and more awesome, I must say. My steam ID is baggiobutt, and I plan to be making a BC 2 name soon.

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

I got regular ass BF2 during the steam sale, but haven't played it yet since I want to wait and play it when I get my new monitor.  I could have got BC 2, but I would rather get that on 360 so I can play with my friends there.

#9 Posted by TheKeyboardDemon (824 posts) -
@Stahlbrand: @davidjohnkeen: I was finding that I would get connection issues too until I disabled the Steam overlay which seems to have cured the issues, I have been on for several hours and not had a problem with my connection since doing that.

You can disable the Steam overlay from the Steam settings menu, I forget where exactly but there aren't many tabs to look through.
#10 Posted by PHARAOH (128 posts) -
@Stahlbrand:  

Its punkbuster thats doing it  you have to go to punkbuster website and manual install if that doesnt work. You have to go into you program files go to steam, steam aps, common, find bad company 2 folder find punkbuster click on punkbuster to install it that way that should fix it for sure.
#11 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

You guys should join the Giant Bomb Bad Company 2 as well as the BF2/2142 group on steam!

#12 Posted by YoThatLimp (1901 posts) -

My name in game is Metalideth , same steam name as well. God damn, this game looks so much better on PC.

#13 Posted by TheKeyboardDemon (824 posts) -
@Metalideth said:

My name in game is Metalideth , same steam name as well. God damn, this game looks so much better on PC.

It really does. My nephew had it on XBox 360 and I never really saw the appeal, then he bought it on PC during a Steam sale, and I now spend about 80% of my gaming time playing this game, it's just nothing short of excellent.
#14 Posted by YoThatLimp (1901 posts) -

@TheKeyboardDemon said:

@Metalideth said:

It really does. My nephew had it on XBox 360 and I never really saw the appeal, then he bought it on PC during a Steam sale, and I now spend about 80% of my gaming time playing this game, it's just nothing short of excellent.

It has definitely convinced me to kill my BF3 preorder for xbox that is for sure!

#15 Posted by roughneck117 (190 posts) -

@davidjohnkeen: Dunno if you know about this by now or not, but a bunch of us usually get together and play the game almost every weekend. Look for Giantbomb BFBC2 Group (GB BFBC2) in steam community, join up (its free!!!), and strap it on.

We use a ventrillo server for voice communication, because BC2 voice is fucked up. So DL ventrillo client and the server is usually posted in the chat prior to the start of the event. It is also up on the community page so you can look there.

link to the group page: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GBBFBC2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.