Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

TGS - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam Video from Gamespot

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Looks like first footage from Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam has finally dropped. Courtesy of Gamespot at TGS 2010.

Watch the video HERE.

Enjoy.

P.S. The EA UK community got twitter confirmation of 60s/70s rock music on the on-board radio in vehicles. As seen/heard in the original BF:V for PC. Rocketlauncher equipped Huey with Ride of the Valkyries blasting from the speakers. You'll make my day!

Here's the youtube embed...  (can't seem to embed youtube videos in Firefox anymore...) 

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Seppli

Just watched it.

It seems DICE has heard our complaints about the map design and opend them up a whole lot! Can't wait to finally use the rich vehicle warfare tactics enabled by wide open maps.

Finally. Sitting in a vehicle is no longer a mostly on rails experience due to narrow and constricted maps! Hells to the yeah Baby!

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Evilmetal

reload animation of the ak is like the same as the current rifles in BC2... "it's still Battlefield Bad Company at the roots" ... translation: "we hacked a mod together and put it for sale". muzzle flash for ak seems low...

Looking back... I think I was too harsh on criticizing BF:V when you compare it with today's games. Sure today the graphics are better, but the attention to detail is lacking. Today it is a mad dash to get something out the door. Maybe back then it was the case too that they rushed stuff out, but they seem to have done a better job.

Tank main gun view in BC2V is just a crosshair. Heh. 

This clown from EA talking about how they take care of their VIP people... saying that VIP players are the ones that keep coming back and shit... and a thank you to them is to drip modes out to them. What a loser. If these people are loyal fans,  why drip shit out? In the old days it was "when's a new map coming out?" . Today EA wants it to be "when's a new mode coming out for an existing map?" . GTFO. Nelson Bay is a POS map, keep it.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jayross

Hmm... looks pretty good, maybe it will be enough to tide us over until the BF3 beta? 

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KimChi4U

I'm excited about this. I love vanilla BC2 and that map looks more open with more strategy possibility. I think I'll be picking this up.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

I'm not sure if saying "You're getting the same experience you're used to" is a good way to market this expansion pack. Hmm....

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Evilmetal

"You're getting the same experience you're used to"

so much of the same experience that when using the XM22 in BC2:V, you will remember clearly the M249 from BC2. The XM22 in BC2:V has the same sound effects and reload animations as the M249 in BC2.  The reload animation of the Ak47 in BC2:V is the same as the main rifles in BC2. I don't understand why they suck. 

The videos of the old BC1 show rifles with dedicated animations for each rifle and not a vanilla animation for all the rifles as seen in BC2 and now in BC2:V.  

They make a nice sound system, they created building destruction, but they fail on the reload animations? They can't even add an if statement to say if the magazine is empty, do a complete reload animation; else simply do a magazine change. 

It ruins the immersion. 

This is low quality on DICE's head.

If a mod team released something at this low level of quality, you could understand that because they work on the mod on their own time for free.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Potter9156

DICE reusing assets from their previous games isn't unprecedented. From that video alone I recognized the tank and jeep from 1943, plus some tree models also from 1943 that were used in BC2 as well.  In BC2 most of the reload animations were from BC1, as were some of the gun and vehicle models. The M4 is the same as the m4 in BC1, same reload animation, same model. The Thompson and Garand were both recycled from 1943 just to name a few assets that appeared in previous DICE games. A lot of the textures and sounds were also recycled.  

Yeah, if a mod team released a mod reusing so many base game assets, it would be seen as a crappy mod. If any other professional dev. studio were so open about reusing previous game assets, they would be seen as a joke. DICE somehow are immune to this. 

I'm not saying saying other developers don't reuse stuff from their past games, because they do, but DICE take it to another level.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By withateethuh

Are there not gonna be weapon unlocks?

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By metalmoog

Sweet.  I wonder if we can play Russian Roulette with "Charlie" yelling "Mao!, Mao!"

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seppli

I don't get the backlash at all. This is pretty much the most insanely awesome MP DLC to ever grace our presence. I love BF:V and now I'll get it again - just with BF:BC 2's modern assets and mechanics. Kick-ass to say the least.

Guess haters will be haters.

N0_va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By N0_va

been waiting for this since BF:V... 

I hope they put a city map innit.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By swamplord666

i'm pinning my hopes on them releasing some BF1942 maps for BFBC2. This is based on their twitter question: 
     "Question of the day: What is your favorite Battlefield map of all time? "   
    If they released battleaxe, I would shit bricks :D

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By metalmoog
    @Seppli said:
    " I don't get the backlash at all. This is pretty much the most insanely awesome MP DLC to ever grace our presence. I love BF:V and now I'll get it again - just with BF:BC 2's modern assets and mechanics. Kick-ass to say the least.  Guess haters will be haters. "
    Agreed.  This is pretty awesome.  BFBC2 is such an insanely fun game, especially Squad Deathmatch!
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By metal_mills
    @Seppli said:
    " I don't get the backlash at all. This is pretty much the most insanely awesome MP DLC to ever grace our presence. I love BF:V and now I'll get it again - just with BF:BC 2's modern assets and mechanics. Kick-ass to say the least.  Guess haters will be haters. "
    While I love BC2 the fact there are so few maps, we've gotten no new ones and the big expansion has a grand total of 4 new maps kinda bums me out.
    metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By metalmoog
    @Metal_Mills said:
    " @Seppli said:
    While I love BC2 the fact there are so few maps, we've gotten no new ones and the big expansion has a grand total of 4 new maps kinda bums me out. "
    Yes I definitely agree there.  I don't know how many times a match will finish, and load up the exact same map all over again.  Super frustrating playing on the same map two games in a row.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Lukeweizer

It looks like Battlefield.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seppli
    @Metal_Mills said:

" @Seppli said:

While I love BC2 the fact there are so few maps, we've gotten no new ones and the big expansion has a grand total of 4 new maps kinda bums me out. "
    Rumors on the official EA UK Battlefield forums have it, that there will be more than 4 maps eventually. Somehow, don't ask me how, computer-savy fans can check want DICE is running on their designated testing servers. A numerical count of maps is in testing. Maps 1 through 7 haven been spotted thus far. If so, that'd be totally amazing.

Here's me hoping DICE is gonna pay us fans some fan-service and beef up the release of BF:BC 2 Vietnam with more maps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.