Too Much Fortunate Son - IGN WAS RIGHT!

#1 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

IGN's Arthur Gies angered the BF community with his statement of 'too much Fortunate Son' plaguing the Vietnam expansion. After over half a year of exposure - the community gives in and admits defeat. Indeed there is too much Fortunate Son within BF:BC 2 Vietnam. Riots ensued. The following documentary of the incident should serve as a warning for future generations not to prominently feature CCR's Fortunate Son in a Vietnam-era wargame soundtrack.

#2 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1474 posts) -

Pretty good.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

Loved it haha, very well done.

#4 Posted by drag (1206 posts) -

I'd had enough of it even the short time I played the expansion for. 

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6712 posts) -

I haven't even played it, and Fortunate Son is forever tied to Vietnam for me. 'Nam movies/games/etc. need a new damn song.

#6 Posted by The_Patriarch (282 posts) -

Nice vid, though you cant ever have too much CCR in my book. I can easily understand getting tired of 1 song if it's overplayed though, but I think that's true for all songs.

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

Fortunate Son is my ringtone.

#8 Posted by supermike6 (3645 posts) -

Haha, that was fantastic. 

#9 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Giving a game -0.5 points because of a bad ass song like Fortunate Son...that motherfucker should never review again!
CCR FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN!

#10 Posted by big_jon (5788 posts) -

That was funny.

#11 Posted by PieGuy (313 posts) -

Brilliant!

#12 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

Pretty much any Vietnam game has this song in it's soundtrack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.