Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Vietnam for 360

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

so i downloaded it today, but i cant play it until tomorrow? is that the deal?

James89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By James89

I think so :( 

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jackel2072

damn it all to hell i got excited!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By falserelic

Damn that must suck

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Mahonay

So not a great start to my Vietnam experience.  In a span of about a hour and a half this game has completely locked up my 360 twice :(  My 360 does not lock up on any other games.  I hope this is just a fluke.

Here's where it decided I was done playing last time.  I have a grenade sitting between 3 enemies and a rocket about to be launched their way.  What a bitch.

No Caption Provided
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By flaminghobo

Do 360 users have to pay for the add-on or does it come as a VIP freebie like the map packs?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SomeJerk

It's an expansion, 1200 points

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mahonay
    Yep it's an expansion pack.  Honestly I'm surprised they're not selling this on store shelves as a standalone well.  I'm sure they'd get some new users, especially on the console end.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jackel2072
    @Mahonay said:
    " Yep it's an expansion pack.  Honestly I'm surprised they're not selling this on store shelves as a standalone well.  I'm sure they'd get some new users, especially on the console end. "
    really i think its a big miss that it requires BC2 to play. 1943 was a HUGE success for EA. i cant help but feel they are limiting there customer base.
    Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mahonay
    @Jackel2072 said:
    " @Mahonay said:
    " Yep it's an expansion pack.  Honestly I'm surprised they're not selling this on store shelves as a standalone well.  I'm sure they'd get some new users, especially on the console end. "
    really i think its a big miss that it requires BC2 to play. 1943 was a HUGE success for EA. i cant help but feel they are limiting there customer base. "
    Absolutely.  Make this available on the Xbox Live Arcade and it probably sells another million copies.  It boggies my mind they did absolutely nothing else with the Vietnam update besides just treat it as standard DLC.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Jackel2072 said:
    " @Mahonay said:
    really i think its a big miss that it requires BC2 to play. 1943 was a HUGE success for EA. i cant help but feel they are limiting there customer base. "
    The price for Vietnam and the form of distribution makes perfect sense on Steam.  The original BC2 is ~$7 right now on steam.
    Hampe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Hampe

I'm having a blast! Played it many hours today, mostly Conquest since (for some reason) people are apparently to busy killing each other in Rush instead of actually DEFUSING THE BOMBS. 

Seriously, what the fuck. Oh if I only would ragequit every time it happen.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mahonay
    @Hampe said:
    " I'm having a blast! Played it many hours today, mostly Conquest since (for some reason) people are apparently to busy killing each other in Rush instead of actually DEFUSING THE BOMBS.  Seriously, what the fuck. Oh if I only would ragequit every time it happen. "
    I think a lot of that is people learning all of the new weapons in the game and getting a feel for them.  I was on for a bit this afternoon and my teammates seemed to be defusing the bombs OK.  Although I have to admit I defused a crap ton of bombs myself today when it just seemed like my team was standing around doing who knows what.
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By PerryVandell
    @Mahonay: Yeah, although that's true about BC2 in general. That's why I rarely play the multiplayer without three of my friends.
    Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mahonay
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    " @Mahonay: Yeah, although that's true about BC2 in general. That's why I rarely play the multiplayer without three of my friends. "
    Hah yeah BC2 is usually pretty brutal with out a squad of at least 2 other people.  I was having a pretty rough time when I first jumped on but as soon as two more of my friends joined my squad I suddenly was able to avoid getting into horrible clusterfucks around every corner.
    bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @Mahonay said:
    " So not a great start to my Vietnam experience.  In a span of about a hour and a half this game has completely locked up my 360 twice :(  My 360 does not lock up on any other games.  I hope this is just a fluke. 
    I own the PS3 version of BC2 and I experience the odd crash now and again. If I remember correctly, my PS3 froze during the first couple of hours of the single player campaign.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By infininja

I have some very minor complaints about the expansion, the latest of which is the lack of flamethrower pins and especially the lack of stars for it.

Kendstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kendstorm

It seems like you kill people faster now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.