Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Vietnam or VIP?

PeepingTommy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By PeepingTommy

I bought BFBC2 a few weeks ago, second hand. I don't play it a lot but one thing that stops me playing so much is the lack of maps (I tend to cycle the same 4). Since it's on offer this week, is Vietnam worth a purchase to improve it? Or should I buy the VIP access for 800 points? Which offers the best added experience?
    Thanks for your help

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i dunno how BC2 is on the consoles, but if the VIP maps = the free additional maps we got on PC, go for those

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Definitely get the VIP, you'll get alot more maps.

MightyJ77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MightyJ77

I was in the same spot as you (got a used copy of the game for Christmas).  The VIP is definitely worth it in terms of number of maps.  If you find you're getting into the multiplayer portion game, I'd buy the Vietnam  DLC as well.

That said, I have found the Vietnam games to be better populated than the 'vanilla' BC2 games of late.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Nasar7

VIP for sure. There are 14 total maps now and most have re-tooled versions for the different game types.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.