VIP Map Pack 6

#1 Edited by gold_n_eye (82 posts) -

Since Map Pack 6 is coming out next week, August 18th to be precise, any news on what the 2 maps are? I know there won't be any new maps, but I was wondering what 2 in-game maps will be part of the new map pack? 

P.S. Also, does anyone know if this will be the last VIP Map Pack before they start releasing actual map packs with new maps - other than Vietnam?    

#2 Edited by Mikemcn (7018 posts) -

Laguna Alta Rush i bet.

and Nelson Bay Conquest

#3 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Rumors have it, it's one of them Squad mode map packs.

Blech.

#4 Posted by gold_n_eye (82 posts) -

Yes you are right, tomorrow's map pack is squad-based. Here is a quote from badcompany2blog.com: 

" For Map Pack 6, it’s the Panama Canal as squad death match and Laguna Presa as squad rush "  

#5 Posted by Spoonman671 (4769 posts) -
@gold_n_eye said:
"  P.S. Also, does anyone know if this will be the last VIP Map Pack before they start releasing actual map packs with new maps - other than Vietnam?     "
I believe a DICE representative has stated that there will be no new maps until the Vietnam expansion.
#6 Posted by gold_n_eye (82 posts) -
@Spoonman671 said:
" @gold_n_eye said:
"  P.S. Also, does anyone know if this will be the last VIP Map Pack before they start releasing actual map packs with new maps - other than Vietnam?     "
I believe a DICE representative has stated that there will be no new maps until the Vietnam expansion. "
That's a bummer! I was hoping they would release some new maps instead of recycling old ones, playing 8 maps over and over again gets a little boring after a while.
#7 Posted by Nadafinga (959 posts) -

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/08/17/grab-your-vip-map-pack-6-for-bad-company-2.aspx

#8 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

not excited for map pack 6 :( 

i don't play squad deathmatch and squad rush a lot...

#9 Posted by Nadafinga (959 posts) -
@lilbigsupermario said:
" not excited for map pack 6 :(  i don't play squad deathmatch and squad rush a lot... "
This was also my reaction, but I jumped into some squad DM this evening and had a surprisingly good time. It's a differently paced mode, but I liked it much more than I thought I would.
#10 Posted by Evilmetal (468 posts) -

I want to see the global statistics page for total time played per map and per mode per map.

#11 Posted by bigall94 (256 posts) -
@gold_n_eye: If you go to the download page ingame, it is the last free DLC. I think there's one more paid DLC, and I'm assuming that is Vietnam.
#12 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -
@Nadafinga said:
" @lilbigsupermario said:
" not excited for map pack 6 :(  i don't play squad deathmatch and squad rush a lot... "
This was also my reaction, but I jumped into some squad DM this evening and had a surprisingly good time. It's a differently paced mode, but I liked it much more than I thought I would. "
Well, it's been a while since I really last played squad deathmatch, I might give it a try again. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.