What do you want in Vietnam?

• 0 results
#1 Posted by BUNTING1243 (21 posts) -

I guess since we know nothing about it, thats a broad question. What do you want to see, new maps, weapons, new story. Or what do you think it'll be? And how much do you think it will it cost?

#2 Posted by Guyzea (815 posts) -

All I want is the horror.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Some fun multiplayer. 

#4 Posted by BUNTING1243 (21 posts) -
@Guyzea:
Press X to...forget it....
#5 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Mostly new weapons and maps. A map in an urban environment that isn't already blown up would be good.

#6 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Some fun multiplayer.  "
yup. i hope they take bf vietnam and make it how it should be. i loved that game but it left me wanting something more.
#7 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

Hookers.

#8 Posted by B0nd07 (1697 posts) -

To be able to play music in the choppers like in Battlefield Vietnam; specifically Flight of the Valkyries.

#9 Posted by Guyzea (815 posts) -

OK, I would actually like for the recon class to have slower bolt action rifles or worse scopes so they aren't as big as a nuisance as they currently are. As for weapons, the old M16 and an actual AK-47 and maybe give you the ability of setting up booby traps. Also, whenever the US wins a round it would be great to see the soldiers marching, singing the Mickey Mouse March in the winning cut-scene.

#10 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

CCR

#11 Posted by carlthenimrod (1588 posts) -

Lt. Dan

#12 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@BUNTING1243: a game like Full Metal Jacket
#13 Posted by Pie (7058 posts) -

Did the original vietnam have jets and would that be possible?

#14 Posted by lilbigsupermario (840 posts) -

This guy 

#15 Posted by skyline7284 (503 posts) -

New Maps... Oh and yes Lt. Dan.

#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10519 posts) -

I think more clean water and plumbing would be nice. Wait, you don't mean Vietnam the country...

#17 Edited by Franstone (1095 posts) -

I want my father to come back home safely then create me...  
Oh wait, that happened...
#18 Posted by A_Wet_Shamwow (230 posts) -

new maps and a weapon that lets me tk wookies siting in spawn sniping all game well i get eviscerated trying to go for a crate

#19 Posted by TheBlackPigeon (314 posts) -

I want a badly scarred Tom Berrenger to tell me he IS reality.
#20 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I want better conquest maps. I hope they take some of the best Battlefield Vietnam maps and remake them and not just all the small ones. 

#21 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Is there supposed to be a story involved or is it just basically a whole new mulitiplayer game?

#22 Posted by warxsnake (2639 posts) -

i want to be able to stream daft punk and deadmau5 to the people riding in my UH-1

#23 Edited by Ryax (4630 posts) -

also i want the radio and jets back. 

cant have a vietnam game without bombing a jungle listening to creedence clearwater revival

#24 Posted by bartok (2430 posts) -

I hate to be that guy but I am not cool with playing a game based on the Vietnam war.  At least with WW2 you had clear cut villains in the Nazis and even the Japanese were doing some pretty evil things to the Chinese. Vietnam on the other hand has too many shades of grey and to be honest my mom was nurse in a VA hospital psych ward so I have heard many horror stories of what those guys went through.  So I kinda find it deplorable to think about some 12 year old playing as the Viet Cong while tea bagging some dead American solider played by some other 12 year old calling him a "noob faggot".

#25 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

#26 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -
@B0nd07 said:
" To be able to play music in the choppers like in Battlefield Vietnam; specifically Flight of the Valkyries. "
You took my answer. =(  Flight of the Valkyries on the jeep radio was the best part of Battlefield: Vietnam (for me at any rate).
#27 Posted by AuthenticM (3699 posts) -

New weapons and maps. I don't care about singleplayer.

#28 Posted by Toxin066 (3256 posts) -

Robin Williams saying "Goooooooooooooooooood Morning Vietnam!" at the start of every match.

And Lt. Dan.

#29 Posted by Jones (51 posts) -

Some of the urban maps from Battlefield Vietnam remade, DICE have created an great engine for destructability but there are virtually zero proper urban maps in Bad Company 2 to really blow **** up in.

#30 Posted by SileoNex (66 posts) -
@ComradeKritstov said:
" @B0nd07 said:
" To be able to play music in the choppers like in Battlefield Vietnam; specifically Flight of the Valkyries. "
You took my answer. =(  Flight of the Valkyries on the jeep radio was the best part of Battlefield: Vietnam (for me at any rate). "
Psh, Surfin' Bird is where it's at.
#31 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Powerups from the drugs that the soldiers take.

#32 Edited by mikeeegeee (1552 posts) -

@MAN_FLANNEL said:

" CCR "

Yes...

@Roger_Klotz said:

" Helicopters and a CCR soundtrack. "

...And yes.

...and Lt. Dan.
#33 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -

I want Battlefield: Vietnam, but prettier and with Avalanche 2.0.

#34 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6386 posts) -
@Toxin066 said:
" Robin Williams saying "Goooooooooooooooooood Morning Vietnam!" at the start of every match.  And Lt. Dan. "
Dude.....YES.
#35 Posted by bitcloud (646 posts) -
@Sackmanjones: Multiplayer expansion, think BF2 Special Forces.
#36 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Chuck  Norris as an unlockable

#37 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I want it to be like BF Vietnam. Obviously.

#38 Posted by omghisam (283 posts) -

Tet Offensive so there's some degree of urban combat.

#39 Posted by JoMate (241 posts) -
@warxsnake said:
" i want to be able to stream daft punk   
yes.. yes... YES!! do this
#40 Posted by Wasara88 (332 posts) -

I'm disappointed because it's just an expansion pack with 4  new maps that can be played either in rush or qonquest. Of course there will be new weapons and such,but i have a feeling it will be an expensive add on. And it seems odd that DICE is already working on the Medal of Honor multiplayer. Is there a market for all these online shooters?

#41 Posted by Killakills (4 posts) -
I'd love for some conquest maps with more than 3 flags. The ones in Battlefield 1943 were great, a lot of the matches in BC end up with 1 team getting spawn camped and I don't find that fun on either side.
#42 Posted by Brendan (7696 posts) -

Mel Gibson.  COMEBACK BABY!

#43 Posted by Downandout (290 posts) -

I don't know exactly what I want from it yet but its made me want to buy the original again xD

#44 Posted by President_Barackbar (3438 posts) -

Agent Orange, punji sticks, and John Rambo, that's all I ask.

#45 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Man.... I just want Hueys and Jets, and patrol boats. Big patrol boats. 

Is that too much to ask?

#46 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Rock music. Ride of the valkyrie. Lots of choppers. Jetfighter planes. Napalm. Bigger, more open maps. 32 players for consoles versions too.

#47 Posted by Twinblade (52 posts) -

i want the maps to be more varied and open ended like Bad Company 1's.

#48 Posted by lmenzol (271 posts) -
@BUNTING1243:  diverse maps like the city in full metal jacket, not just the obvious jungle and rice patties, also a huey instead of the blackhawk helicopter, and lets not forget the best gun ever, the Grease Gun
#49 Posted by lmenzol (271 posts) -
@lilbigsupermario: uhh yea, but no
#50 Posted by lilbigsupermario (840 posts) -
@lmenzol said:
" @lilbigsupermario: uhh yea, but no "
LOL! 

I actually liked the jungle scenarios in the single player of BFBC2.  I'm sure the Vietnam maps will be more of jungle maps, but it may just look similar to the other MP maps like Laguna Presa or Val Paraiso.  New maps are of course a treat, but I want to see the weapons that will be included in the Vietnam pack. :) 

I also want to see swamps in the locations and this vehicle: 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.