Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

When did the DEMO end for you?

Bindings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bindings1

I was in the middle of playing and it randomly ended the game with no victor. Then my XBOX said it could not connect to the EA server. The time when it happened was 4 am Central time on Thursday Feb 25th. I was just curious to hear what time it ended for you on the day of the 25th.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By scarace360

it ended on the 25th.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Seppli

About half an hour ago. Was about to earn my 75+ ace pin. *sad face*

Maptier 4 attacking. Was just shelling the defender assets around objective alpha with the russian APC/AA-vehicle. I was in 'effin blood frenzy!

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Evilmetal

it ended a little over a week ago when I saw hackers from the enemy team spawn on my team's side, in addition to the aimbots where the gunner of the Apache would hit me from across the map.   (PC BETA)

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

The demo is over? I didn't know it was ending

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jayross

SADFACE! 

=(

Oh well, almost March 2nd. I hope Amazon mails my game and it arrives on Monday.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seppli
    @Jayross said:
    " SADFACE!    =(  Oh well, almost March 2nd. I hope Amazon mails my game and it arrives on Monday. "

Europeans have to wail 'til March 4th or 5th. Oh cruel world.
    Sneakybadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Sneakybadger

Awwww i joined the beta late and had nearly unlocked a reddot..... 

still the 10 second game where you run up the hill kill someone and run back was fun..  

Im in the UK wonder if steam will give me a US or UK release day :S. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

My interest in this game is picking up...

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By raiz265

it ended for me when i was rank 11, unlocked all the stuff possible and could not stand the map anymore :E

Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Ashwyn

Makes me wish i had a Debit Card... Blockbuster are all always late. D':

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@raiz265: rank 11? how did you do that? rank 3 needs 400k+ experience, how did you get to 11 :s
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By raiz265
    @arab_prince: in the pc beta you're able to get to rank 11
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By JokerSmilez

Beta or demo? I just downloaded the demo for the 360 last night. Seems pretty fun. Would be pretty disappointed if the demo no longer worked...

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aishan
    @JokerSmilez:  You're out of luck, they switched the demo servers off this morning.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Aishan said:
    " @JokerSmilez:  You're out of luck, they switched the demo servers off this morning. "
    Seriously? Why? The game isn't out for almost another week! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How do they expect people to try the game with their "demo" if the demo doesn't work?
    Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aishan

The demo has been available for nearly a month, there was plenty of time to try it out. 

As for the why.. they probably want to use the hardware for the live servers.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By grilledcheez
    @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Aishan said:
    " @JokerSmilez:  You're out of luck, they switched the demo servers off this morning. "
    Seriously? Why? The game isn't out for almost another week! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How do they expect people to try the game with their "demo" if the demo doesn't work? "
    Well for starters you could have gotten it a lot earlier...but it still sucks they took it down
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JokerSmilez

It just seems very odd to me. It seems most of the people who are genuinely curious about trying the game before buying will probably be checking out the game close to it's release date (or even after) whereas the people who got the demo a month ago only got it so they could play a game they already knew they were going to buy.

So people like me, who are hearing more talk/buzz about the game right before it's release and want to try it out, no longer can. Good job EA.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @GrilledCheez01 said:

" @JokerSmilez said:

" @Aishan said:
    Seriously? Why? The game isn't out for almost another week! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How do they expect people to try the game with their "demo" if the demo doesn't work? "
    Well for starters you could have gotten it a lot earlier...but it still sucks they took it down "
    As I said, the reason I didn't get it a lot earlier is because I haven't already decided I want the game. I was bored last night and was listening to the Bombcast on the way home from work and they were talking about the single player campaign and that reminded me to maybe check out the demo. Maybe this is common practice, but it seems weird to turn off the servers when there's still a week before the game comes out.

The sad thing is that this means I probably won't buy the game now. If I could have played the demo for the next week and had the chance to get hooked on it, maybe I would have. It seems they confused the point of a demo. I thought a demo is supposed to be for curious consumers, not fan boys who are just clamoring to play some of the game before it comes out.

Again, maybe this is standard practice for multi-player demos, but I would have thought they'd at least wait until the game was actually released. Oh well...
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By spaceturtle

I've played the beta a lot! Even thou it was just a beta, I've had much more fun with it than all of MW2. Cant wait til release!

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nasar7
    @JokerSmilez: 
     Not sure why you are so quick to make generalizations about people who played the demo while it was out simply because you didn't.

I'm not a 'rabid fanboy' of BFBC2 at all. I downloaded the demo a few weeks ago out of curiousity; at that point I had little interest in the game. But after playing a couple games I was sold. You missed your chance to play the demo, you can't expect them to keep multiplayer servers just for the demo running forever. If you still wanna try it, rent it.
    Andypwnedyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andypwnedyou

The reason I THINK they took it down earlier was when they put up the last game, they left the servers on FOREVER and honestly instead of buying the game I would just play the demo because thats all I needed lol. So perhaps thats the reason? Or because they let you have a taste of the game, then take it away for a week, which makes you go crazy. THEN YOU HAVE TO BUY IT when it comes out because your brain is like WTF no battlefield. Like an addiction. Only sexier.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Nasar7 said:
    " @JokerSmilez:   Not sure why you are so quick to make generalizations about people who played the demo while it was out simply because you didn't.  I'm not a 'rabid fanboy' of BFBC2 at all. I downloaded the demo a few weeks ago out of curiousity; at that point I had little interest in the game. But after playing a couple games I was sold. You missed your chance to play the demo, you can't expect them to keep multiplayer servers just for the demo running forever. If you still wanna try it, rent it. "
    Sorry, I don't mean to imply that people who got the demo "on time" are fan boys, I'm more talking about the idea behind EA releasing a demo but disabling it before the game is released. To me it seems they were more interested in appeasing people who already wanted the game then helping curious consumers with their purchasing decisions.

I don't expect them to run the servers forever but at least until the game proper is released would have been nice. I don't really care, I just find it odd and kind of disappointing that they turned off the servers so early.
    roscoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By roscoe

for me it ended after i finished dling it

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Seppli
    @JokerSmilez: 

Dude - BF:BC 2 (as well as all Frostbite engine games) runs only on dedicated hardware serverside. Dedicated servers cost a lot of cash to maintain. Just think of the bandwidth EA had to pay for. The demo has been a multi-million promotional effort alone from paying for that. 3.5+ million of players have checked it out. Some have played several hundered hours. I wonder how their bandwidth bill looks like for the demo.

You can't expect them to keep up such a thing forever. There will probably be a singleplayer demo though. You might be in luck.
    Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bionicicide

I was just about to detonate 6 C4 on my team's last crate, thought I got banned by a moderator.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Seppli said:
    " @JokerSmilez:   Dude - BF:BC 2 (as well as all Frostbite engine games) runs only on dedicated hardware serverside. Dedicated servers cost a lot of cash to maintain. Just think of the bandwidth EA had to pay for. The demo has been a multi-million promotional effort alone from paying for that. 3.5+ million of players have checked it out. Some have played several hundered hours. I wonder how their bandwidth bill looks like for the demo. You can't expect them to keep up such a thing forever. There will probably be a singleplayer demo though. You might be in luck. "
    Did I say I wanted them to last forever? No. I said until the game is released.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Evilmetal said:
    " it ended a little over a week ago when I saw hackers from the enemy team spawn on my team's side, in addition to the aimbots where the gunner of the Apache would hit me from across the map.   (PC BETA) "
    Yeah... bullshit.
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Evilmetal

@MrKlorox 

I don't know what you are referring to... what I did explain in my post is real. The aimbot... I can't verify however the Apache was around the fork in the road in front of the 3rd location of defenders, while I was sniping as attacker by the initial parachute drop spot... on that cliff...  I was hiding behind the cliff for a while and there were shots coming my way. I doubt someone was spotting me, you must directly spot and not 'general area' spot.

No Caption Provided

Chopper was around this area when the gunner got me while I was on the sniper cliff of attacker.... I was the only one on the cliff, everyone else had advanced way ahead of me. No one was there to hint at my spot.

The enemy spawning on my team spawn points is real.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pause422

No idea, but I've been playing the PC beta and it ended today I believe(last played it last night to get in one last game before the launch.) It was hard to go back to the Demo after playing the beta since there was actually more things to unlock and more options available.

Also for people complaining about the demo going down before release- guys, calm yourself. Its about a week to wait, no more. Not a very long time.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By Kyreo

It ended for me kinda after I beefed up all the classes... and when my friends kept bitching about how much they didnt like it. 

NateR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NateR
    @JokerSmilez: good point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.