Why are you blowing up our teams helicopter?

#1 Posted by BLKZOMBIE (118 posts) -

Lately it has seemed that my team has been blowing up their own helicopters. Why the fuck do people do this? It pisses me off so bad. Usually i notice it's because they don't want me to get it and so they figure, "If I can't have than no one can." That's homicide stalker mentality.

#2 Posted by chrissedoff (2109 posts) -

maybe it's because helicopters in bad company 2 are broken, and they want to be play fair

#3 Posted by UberExplodey (942 posts) -

I would run into hardcore matches where a player on my squad would go out of his way to team kill EVERYONE. People are assholes. It happens.

Just quit out and play in a different room.

#4 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Because I want it 

Or I know you will crash it without using it properly while flinging yourself into enemy territory on your own to try and go by yourself against 16 players in which case you'd probably be more useful following the rest of the team instead of killing yourself repeatedly.

#5 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Don't worry duder! the beta for BF3 showed that people will have the exact same mentality there as in Bad Company 2!

#6 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

Relevant

#7 Edited by Spoonman671 (4641 posts) -

I've done this.  When half the team is standing around waiting for the chopper to respawn it makes it a little difficult to take the objective--you know, the whole point of the game.

#8 Posted by BLKZOMBIE (118 posts) -

@emergency: Jerks.

#9 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Griefing. Welcome to online gaming.

#10 Posted by BLKZOMBIE (118 posts) -

No, I get why. It's just frustrating. That's what player complaints are for, I guess.

#11 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Same reason I get betrayed in Halo for taking any vehicle or gun.

Their loss, I usally destroy teams in the Banshee.

#12 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

Likely because the person is an idiot, and because of the "If I can't have it, neither can you" mentality. I haven't encountered anyone like that, thankfully.

#13 Posted by Jayzilla (2562 posts) -

umm, because that is what people do in ANY genre of video game. it's called trolling. welcome to twenty-eleven, duder.

#14 Posted by BLKZOMBIE (118 posts) -

@Jayzilla said:

umm, because that is what people do in ANY genre of video game. it's called trolling. welcome to twenty-eleven, duder.

Word!

#15 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@emergency said:

Relevant

That was really funny! I should watch that QL/TNT
#16 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Maybe because there arent too many people that are efficient with the helicopter. It also just wastes time but Ive never blown up a helicopter before soooo....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.