Why Are YOU!?! Going Loud?

#1 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

I hate nothing better than Randoms going loud all the time. Doing a shark run in a chopper. Gunner gunning at nothing. Just to be certain everybody knows I'm coming. Same goes for tanks and jeeps and whatnot. At least 7 out of 10 gunners tend to shoot at nothing. Just for the thrill of it. Pre-heating their guns, so that they may overheat in legit battle sooner. Sending tracers to the skies so that everybody knows I'm coming. Going loud just to fuck with my sneaky ninja killer soul. It's hard to do it from behind like a rogue, if your left hand betrays you by beating furiously on a drum and the right one toots a fucking old-timey horn.

Admit it! You are one of them horn tooters! Explain Yourself!

Admit it! You are one of them horn tooters! Explain Yourself!

GRRRRR!
#2 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

I don't find it hard doing it from behind.

#3 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:

Why You must be THE BATMAN OF RAPE TM.
#4 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

It's worse when you have a pilot who doesn't know to let you fire off the last few rounds before going back in for another swoop. But I do find it annoying when I'm taking a jeep around back of a flag and a squadmate spawns on me and shoots at nothing before bailing out and running the rest of the way. It's not so bad in choppers because those things are fucking loud in BC2 that you can hear them coming from quite a distance.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I did try flying a copter today..I flipped it..yes..flipped it wile 10 feet off the ground. Didnt blow up..but we had an upside down chopper...not sure how it worked..but was awesome. 

#6 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Don't look at me. I just grab my shotgun, sneak up behind people and start stabbing them. The shotty is just for when the knife buggs out and doesn't kill the guy.

Though in a chopper, yes I prefer having the mini-gun wound up so I can start shooting the second I press the button. Waste of time to hold the button and wait for the barrels to start spinning.

#7 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man

I gave up on Vanilla choppers. Do them on PS3 only. Can't bear the differences between PC and PS3 choppers.

Vietnam Huey's are dope though. Much recommended. Great music too. Nothing quite like fucking a tank with two volleys in the rear having snuck in behind flying low on the fringes of the map.

Satisfaction 100%.
#8 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

@Seppli said:

@EuanDewar said:

I'm more the Captain America of Rape.

Righteous.

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Seppli said:
@The_Laughing_Man:   I gave up on Vanilla choppers. Do them on PS3 only. Can't bear the differences between PC and PS3 choppers.  Vietnam Huey's are dope though. Much recommended. Great music too.
Are they easier to fly in vietnam?  
#10 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

This is why I occasionally jump out of squads when trying to do something solo. On the rare occasion that I snipe (mostly for the Vietnam gold weapon achievements) I always go squadless because a bunch of ass clowns spawn on me and go guns blazing.

#11 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:

@Seppli said:

@EuanDewar said:

I'm more the Captain America of Rape.

Righteous.

Unbreakable metal condoms are for cravens. A utility belt full of date rape drugs and sex toys though...

LEGENDARY!
#12 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
@Seppli said:
@The_Laughing_Man:   I gave up on Vanilla choppers. Do them on PS3 only. Can't bear the differences between PC and PS3 choppers.  Vietnam Huey's are dope though. Much recommended. Great music too.
Are they easier to fly in vietnam?  
Not easier per se. Just the same as on consoles. Vanilla choppers got their wings clipped in comparison to consoles. I can't stand the feeling.
#13 Posted by Spoonman671 (4769 posts) -

I don't know dude.  I find that if you're trying to be sneaky in a Battlefield game, then you ought to be doing it on foot.

#14 Edited by MattBosten (497 posts) -

I only started playing this today and have mainly focused on being 'stealthy' on foot. This is due to the fact that my first time flying a helicopter ended with me flying directly over the enemies base, crashing into the water and getting timed out for being outside the combat zone!

#15 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

soon as some one spots your chopper your as good as a flying target anyway, especially in Vietnam where everyone and there dog will shoot at your chopper on sight

#16 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -
@Spoonman671 said:

I don't know dude.  I find that if you're trying to be sneaky in a Battlefield game, then you ought to be doing it on foot.

Going loud. Being high profile. I'm not talking about stealth per se. I'm just talking about how much I want to pop-off the screen before engaging an enemy in earnest. Taking the foe unawares.

Not shooting an enemy until you are in his back, no matter if you're a tank or a chopper or infantryman - that makes sense. Not going loud with a chopper or tank until you're right ontop of the enemy is very effective, if you know sneaky routes.

Having my gunner shoot ineffective rounds at armored targets just to give me away though? That's dumb. I expect 'Trigger Discipline' from my crew; the majority of players does not have that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.