win lose bug

#1 Posted by RYNO9881 (625 posts) -

When my team wins a match, sometimes it says that our team lost. What's up with that? I see the medal that says I won rush mode. Is this a bug?

#2 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -

It's a bug.

#3 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -
@RYNO9881:  It's really a subliminal commentary on the nature of war- there are no winners. Some just lose harder than others.
Um, I mean.. I have never seen this bug in the two hours I have played the game *shrug* hoping for someone to answer your question, though.
#4 Posted by RYNO9881 (625 posts) -

cool, as long as I'm not alone.

#5 Posted by lilbigsupermario (840 posts) -
@thehexeditor said:
" @RYNO9881:  It's really a subliminal commentary on the nature of war- there are no winners. Some just lose harder than others. Um, I mean.. I have never seen this bug in the two hours I have played the game *shrug* hoping for someone to answer your question, though. "
LOL! that's one way to actually see the win/lose bug in a somewhat positive way hehe! 

Yes, it is a bug.  It also happened to me that I was with my two squad mates then when the match ended, two of us got the "Your Team Won" message while our one squad mate got the "Your Team Lost" message lol!  We were speaking on the mics and after we won, my squad mate just suddenly asked, "Oh, we lost?"; then me and my other squad mate were puzzled coz we got the win message hehe!
#6 Posted by Nadafinga (957 posts) -

Weird thing is that it's only been a bug since the last patch, never happened before that.

Fix one thing, another goes bad...at least it doesn't effect gameplay.

#7 Posted by lilbigsupermario (840 posts) -
@Nadafinga said:
" Weird thing is that it's only been a bug since the last patch, never happened before that.  Fix one thing, another goes bad...at least it doesn't effect gameplay. "
Actually it did happen even before the patch, but not that frequently.  Well, as of my recent matches online, I haven't encountered the bug again so far so it may be fixed now.
#8 Edited by big_jon (5709 posts) -

This bug is anoying and shows up way to often.
#9 Posted by Limpiz (20 posts) -

Most anoying bug just now.
Working my ass of getting high score, and then when we got 3 more bases to defend, we end up losing..

#10 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@Limpiz said:
" Most anoying bug just now. Working my ass of getting high score, and then when we got 3 more bases to defend, we end up losing.. "
You still get the win, the screen just says the wrong thing.
#11 Posted by Limpiz (20 posts) -
@FireBurger: 

Several times ive got the screen for loosing, even though we won. And I get no points for winning. 
 Excuse my english, I'm kinda bad at it. But I'm getting bettter :P
#12 Posted by RuinRunner (49 posts) -
@Nadafinga said:
" Weird thing is that it's only been a bug since the last patch, never happened before that.  Fix one thing, another goes bad...at least it doesn't effect gameplay. "
Leave it to DICE to introduce a bizarre and all new bug in a balance patch.
#13 Posted by xXHesekielXx (216 posts) -

Yeah, it´s totally a bug. I have seen it like 50times, and it´s disturbs me every single time, so I hope they´ll fix it soon.

#14 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

I'm sure they will fix it, its somewhat important. Maybe next patch?

#15 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops said:
" I'm sure they will fix it, its somewhat important. Maybe next patch? "
Really? I'd argue it's a fairly low-level bug.
#16 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Yeah, it is a fairly annoying bug, it broke in the optional multiplayer patch i'm pretty sure.

#17 Posted by Wacomole (815 posts) -

As far as I've seen thus far it's just a cosmetic / text thing.  
The animation behind the message and the audio are still the correct ones for the outcome of the match and you still get the correct pins for a win at the end even if it says you lost.

#18 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

Yup, i don't trust that message anymore! Its even different for people on the same team! Always check the score; but if i didn't or it was really close i check if i got the medal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.