Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Won't play from hard drive

kjp93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By kjp93

My xbox scratched my disk so i borrowed my friends copy and download it to my 16gb flash drive. Now I go to play the game and it still plays it from the disk, not the installed game on the drive. Any idea why this would be happening?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

You need to re-rip (install) it directly on your flash drive, using the console you're going to be playing on. It's bound to the device you install it on initially. Like, you can't install something onto an hdd then copy the game data to another memory device and have it work. The install is paired with both the memory device and the console itself.

NinjaInfoCards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By NinjaInfoCards

Installing a game to your 360's hard drive does not allow you to play the game without the disc; rather, it permits faster loading times. You still need a game disc to play an installed game, sorry duder.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By infininja
    @NinjaInfoCards said:
    " Installing a game to your 360's hard drive does not allow you to play the game without the disc; rather, it permits faster loading times. You still need a game disc to play an installed game, sorry duder. "
    That's not what he's trying to do. All he needs is for the disc to work just enough to verify it's the game and then play the actual game off the disc. The rest of the data can be garbled to hell and back. 

But you'll need to install it onto your own 360, not take it from your friend's place. DRM and whatnot.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Skytylz

I did this with Assassins Creed once.

DarkTravesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DarkTravesty
    @MrKlorox said:
    " You need to re-rip (install) it directly on your flash drive. It's bound to the device you install it on initially. Like, you can't install something onto an hdd then copy the game data to another memory device and have it work. "
    this ^^
    kjp93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kjp93

I think I'm just going to have to try to install it again, but I did rip it on my own xbox directly to the flash drive, and am trying to play it off of that flash drive. I didn't move the data at all. Like I said, I think the solution will come with ripping it again it's just kind of a pain to go get my friend's copy of the game again. Thanks for the help

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.