Worst soldier quotes you have heard

#1 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

I would say 'Let the bodies hit the floor' is probably the worst I have heard. 

Although some are pretty funny.

#2 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

EAT THAT MOTHERFUCKER!

PAYBACK, ASSHOLE!

We just canceled the god-damn invasion!

Shit, need some ammo over here!

#3 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Honestly, the gratuitous use of the word shit is FUCKING ANNOYING.

OH SHIT THEY PLANTED LETS DEFUSE THAT SHIT

YEAH WE GOT THAT SHIT 

STFU

#4 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

there shooting at us!!

oh really?

#5 Posted by pause422 (6218 posts) -

let the bodies hit the floor is the only one that annoys me. In the first there were far more.

#6 Edited by masterherocard (419 posts) -

"You call that breaking my spine? You wouldn't know how to break a spine if you OH MY SPINE"
Oh wait, wrong game, and I thought you said best. 
Sorry.

#7 Posted by darkgoth678 (295 posts) -

lol my moment of "wow the voice-overs are kind of retarded" was a couple of minutes ago 

"Shit, we've got infantry coming our way" 

no way, I never expected that...

#8 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

"Shit, they've got a tank!"

Especially retarded when you hit the marker after the tank has been blowing shit up for a few seconds/minutes.

#9 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Some are actually pretty good, but most of the time they are just pointing out the obvious.

I love when they constantly yell 'oh man they got a Tank! lets get some AT guys up here!'

Meanwhile, EVERYONE is a sniper

#10 Posted by mano521 (1231 posts) -

IM ON YOUR TEAM YOU DUMB FUCK

#11 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

The "Let the bodies hit the floor" is the worst written one, but almost only of the ones including a curse word were simply mis-delivered with the inflection on the curse itself. I blame the Scandinavian voice director for not understanding how curse words naturally sound in American English.

I wouldn't mind all the cursing, as long as it sounded natural and realistic. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a single case of this from what I've heard.

@darkgoth678 said:

" lol my moment of "wow the voice-overs are kind of retarded" was a couple of minutes ago  "Shit, we've got infantry coming our way"  no way, I never expected that... "
It's even worse in hardcore mode since they don't even get lit up. Yet you still get the spot bonus.
#12 Posted by immike (714 posts) -

All of it is pretty bad lol. It usually makes me laugh for a bit, which is probably not the intended effect.

#13 Posted by big_jon (5775 posts) -
@masterherocard:
lol
#14 Posted by Potter9156 (943 posts) -

"Objective bravo is getting owned" or "Objective bravo is getting nailed". 

Quality writing.

#15 Edited by Turducken (21 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops said:

" I would say 'Let the bodies hit the floor' is probably the worst I have heard.  Although some are pretty funny. "

Seeing as how 'Let the bodies hit the floor' is actually from a song by Drowning Pool, entitled "Bodies" no less, that isn't a soldier quote.....  In fact, most of these aren't something I have ever heard a actual military member even come close to saying, and I grew up as a military brat and am in ROTC right now......  Just goes to the ridiculous false reality of games these days.  Anyone who tells me they want a "realistic" game has no idea what they are talking about.
#16 Edited by NateR (29 posts) -

There was one that went something like "hey grease monkey, get over here, my tank is FUCKed" or some shit like that.
I just thought that "grease monkey" and then a strongly emphasized "FUCK" in the same sentence was hilarious. This was in the PS3 beta btw, cuz I haven't heard it in the demo....

#17 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

TANGO SUCKA!!! 

....oh wait...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.