Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Your thoughts on Battlefield: Bad Company 2

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rmills87

I'm kind of on the fence with purchasing this game on Steam.  It was on sale for 33% off its normal price ($49.99) a few weeks ago, and I didn't bite.  Now I am interested and don't know if it is really worth the $50 price tag.  I put this in the wonderful, caring hands of the GiantBomb community. 

Did you like it?  If so, what did you like about it? Do the guns feel better than Modern Warfare? How is the multiplayer?  Basically, is it worth me buying it NOW, or waiting until there is another sale?

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SlasherMan

Wait until another sale. I personally regret paying full price for it.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rmills87

Oh wow thank you - I have guys over in the Bad Company 2 board saying it is awesome.  I will keep your opinion in mind.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FirePrince

MW2 is a broken,frustrating and unbalanced mess. 
    BC2 is a worthy purchase all the way.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

I bought it on sale and would pay full price for it. I have put like forty hours into it. It is a completely different than MW save for shooting dudes. 

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SlasherMan
    @rmillz87: I saw that, and noticed most of them were playing the console version.

I don't know if the console version had the same issues, but let's just say I bought the game at launch and for a month after that could not play any multiplayer save for a couple of matches thanks to my EA account either refusing to log in, or kicking me out of every game. I then lost all my stats on that profile and had to create a new soldier to play on, which incidentally, ended up being the same one I used in the beta (stats were reset on that one, so it was like new).

I'm not even mentioning the glitches, the awkward controls, getting stuck on objects, the dodgy dodgy hit reg (I can't stress this one enough), the weapon imbalances (though supposedly they've been tweaked twice already so don't know how they are now), server lag, rubberbanding, server browser issues, crashes and more.

I haven't touched the game in quite a while, so things may be better now since I saw a patch or two out for it. But, as you can see, after my experience with it, I'm not all that encouraged to jump back in and give it another try. I should have known better than to trust DICE to be competent enough to launch something working at launch. The weird thing is the beta was for the most part working fine, and didn't have so many issues (though it was still obviously incomplete, and the fanboys kept reassuring everyone that it's just a beta and that the final version that was a week away would magically be a better one).

Either way, that's my experience with it. Look for some Youtube videos regarding the hit detection to see what I'm talking about. It happened way too often, and somehow seemed to depend on the server as it was inconsistent jumping from server to server. 

In short, if I could go back in time I would not have paid that much money for the game.
    rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rmills87
    @SlasherMan: Thank you for your insights. I will definitely look into that.  For right now, MW2 can hold me over - keep in mind, I'm not a huge multiplayer fan anyway.  I am, rather, someone who truly enjoys playing through the campaigns multiple times.  Is anything "dodgy" in the story mode? Or were you just referring to the problems on the online side?
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Geno

Love it, but any single experience depends on the team you're playing on. I'm an objective-minded person, so if my whole team also goes for the objective we're golden, we finish maps in 10 mins (and I usually finish first or second on the scoreboard). On the other hand if your team is a bunch of KDR minded retards that stay back and snipe so they can get a 4:1 score for the game but also totally lose, then you're going to have a rotten time, continuously getting killed due to no support from your team, and losing due to not being able to complete the objective. Basically, it's not like MW2 that if you're good then you score a lot kills and have a good time. The maps are so huge that even if you're really good there can easily be 3 people staring you down at a scope at the moment, and with no support from your team you're screwed. But when everyone is working together to secure a victory, and when you're covered by your teammates in multiple ways while you cover others or storm through with a vehicle, it's an experience all to its own. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Single player sort of sucks, it's like a cheap call of duty knock off without any of the talent infinity ward has. Multiplayer is fun though and the complete opposite. It's actually better than modern warfare 2's multiplayer.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By VanderSEXXX

Well they are referring to the online multiplayer. But the story of the campaign will highly depend on your story preference given the fact that the campaign's story is actually a prequel to the events in the multiplayer. :D

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SlasherMan
    @rmillz87:  I was refering to the multiplayer portion of the game. 
    The single player is fine, but nothing really special or great. Entertaining for a short while, but that's about it. I can't be sure if that's enough for you to go through multiple times if I'm honest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.