random_guy23's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PlayStation 3) review

An awesome game that has given MW2 a run for it's money.

When I picked this game up from the local store on release date, I was expecting big things. For starters, DICE had already impressed me with both the first game in the 'Bad Company' spin-off games, and Battlefield 1943. Both of these games were just amazing multiplayer shooters that set a standard for large, open warfare. Now, the sequel to 2007's Battlefield entry has come out. This game has heavily refined everything that made the first game so great. A new campaign featuring the same characters as last time is here, but the main aspect that everyone is looking out for is the multiplayer. Here, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 delivers, with an excellent variety of maps and unlockable equipment. If you are the all in guns blazing sort of player, the Assault class will suit you well, if you like to hang back and repair vehicles, the Engineer class will get the job done. I found myself playing a lot out of the Scout class, which comes equipped with a sniper rifle. The game features real time bullet drop, a feature that I don't think has appeared in any other game before. You can actually see the bullet in the air as it is travelling, which, just on that account, makes the sniping seem much more realistic than what you get in other first person shooters.

So, overall, you end up with a game with so much quality, so much polish. This game is a definitive first person shooter, and one that you must buy right away.

Graphics - 5/5
Gameplay - 5/5
Sound - 5/5
Value - 5/5

Overall - 5/5