xon's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC) review

• xon wrote this review on .
  • xon has written a total of 14 reviews. The last one was for Alan Wake (Steam)

Who's the baddest badass of them all?

Word to the wise: this is not a run and gun game. You have to suss things out, be patient and, above all, work as a team.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to learn these lessons and graduate from cannon-fodder and Epic Failee to bona fida killing machine.

In Bad Company 2 I have experienced some of my most exhilarating gaming moments, as well as the most excruciating. More often than not I am in the grip of an intense adrenaline rush with razor sharp senses doing my best to outwit my opponent, or rather, enemies.

I think the COD vs BF rivalry is ultimately good for gamers and that both games have tried to carve out a unique niche to offer different experiences. I can`t say one is better than the other, but I am firmly in the Battlefield camp.

For those who are up to the challenge: buckle up - this is going to be a bumpy ride!