Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 23, 2008

The venerable Battlefield franchise returns for its second console-only outing, this time with a fleshed out single player campaign and a new multiplayer game mode, Gold Rush.

Conquest Update. Yay or Nay?

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shawn

It's a nay from me. It just seems so much worse than conquest mode of Modern Combat, maybe because the maps are smaller. Maybe it's just me but first impression = bad.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Nay because it is horrible they should of remade MC maps for this Im trading this in for a new headset

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BiggerBomb

They added the update already? Huh, oh well I retired that game already. I loved it but once I put down a game I usually don't play it again with only a few exceptions; i.e. Oblivion, Mass Effect, & KOTOR.

There are too many great games out now and coming out this holiday season to keep playing any FPS for any great length of time in my opinion.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DARKIDO07

Couldn't tell you I played about 7 matches and not one was Conquest.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By GalvanizedNails

yay for me, i think it will take a bit of time for people to get used to conquest, but just like with gold rush, a single coordinated squad can tear through the enemy. Sadly though conquest sucks right now, becuase all the little COD4 kids came back after the patch :( and so good teammates are hard to find

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    GalvanizedNails said:
    "yay for me, i think it will take a bit of time for people to get used to conquest, but just like with gold rush, a single coordinated squad can tear through the enemy. Sadly though conquest sucks right now, becuase all the little COD4 kids came back after the patch :( and so good teammates are hard to find"

NO it sucks because of people camping all flags and flags are out in the open
    JiggyDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JiggyDino

It's pretty cool in my opinion.  Although after playing Battlefield 2, it feels pretty strip down (duh), but it still fun.  There's only one thing I think they should put in Bad Company is the Commander.  Sure, most of the time no one listen but whatever.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Jaresk said:
    "It's pretty cool in my opinion.  Although after playing Battlefield 2, it feels pretty strip down (duh), but it still fun.  There's only one thing I think they should put in Bad Company is the Commander.  Sure, most of the time no one listen but whatever."
    No point no one will listen at all ever
    NoPantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NoPantz
    DARKIDO07 said:
    "Couldn't tell you I played about 7 matches and not one was Conquest."
    You have to go to custom match then select conquest mode instead of gold rush.

So far I really like the mode. Everything is pretty cramped up but those are the maps I like the most. So I basically I got a bunch of redone maps put together exactly how I like them. Obviously not everyone likes this iteration but to me it's just about perfect.
    Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ma7moud

Its okay.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By DARKIDO07
    NoPantz said:
    "DARKIDO07 said:
    "Couldn't tell you I played about 7 matches and not one was Conquest."
    You have to go to custom match then select conquest mode instead of gold rush.

So far I really like the mode. Everything is pretty cramped up but those are the maps I like the most. So I basically I got a bunch of redone maps put together exactly how I like them. Obviously not everyone likes this iteration but to me it's just about perfect."
    It doesn't give me the option for that. :/ I can't play Conquest. Fuck.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Rowr
    dracoregis said:
    "Conquest is a camping spectacular, I looked on the map and 3 of my teammates were moving, all the rest were stationary at our flags camping.

Its not too fun when you get killed every time you run round a corner by some little noob camping at a flag.

Gold rush > Conquest."
    Use the airstrike or something, throw  a ton of grenades. Camping can be countered in this game.

Havent played it yet, the general opinion of this thread doesnt seem to positive :/

Will give it a go tonight now that the weekend has hit. Kind of sick of Goldrush, looking forward to something different.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

I on the other hand like it way more than Gold Rush... of course it isn't as good as BF 2 or something , since they were built for that, as with Bad Company all the maps were originally built for Gold Rush, I still like it overall more than Gold Rush though by far.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MichaelBach

just downloaded it, didn't try it yet, but it will be a welcome adition to the multiplayer. I hoped they would put out a couple more maps though.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Keano

Its GARBAGE !!!

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Keano said:
    "

Its GARBAGE !!!

played about 7-8 matches, every single one of them were annoying. The map / Flag layouts are HORRIBLE. Goldrush is Much better

"

I agree now at least fans can see that conquest wasnt all mighty
    Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Nay! It sucks ass.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By wefwefasdf

I personally prefer Gold Rush a whole lot more.

gold_n_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By gold_n_eye

It's alright, but I still prefer Gold Rush. Although, Conquest would be much better if they remade older BF2 maps or made new maps that would benefit this new mode, since Ascension, Valley Run, End of the Line are not meant to be played on conquest mode. They have been built for Gold Rush. Let just hope they bring out a map pack built for Conquest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.