Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 23, 2008

The venerable Battlefield franchise returns for its second console-only outing, this time with a fleshed out single player campaign and a new multiplayer game mode, Gold Rush.

Hard or Medium

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Player1

Ive never played this game before, got it yesterday. Would it be a good idea to play it on hard to start off...or should I start off slow at medium. Because I want the achievements...but I still want to have fun

mistical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By mistical
    Player1 said:
    "Ive never played this game before, got it yesterday. Would it be a good idea to play it on hard to start off...or should I start off slow at medium. Because I want the achievements...but I still want to have fun"
    I suggest starting on Normal so you not only get the achievements for completing each level on Normal but you are able to get the other achievements as well. Plus this way you really get to enjoy the game. Then once you are done, any left over achievements you can either decide to play on Easy or Normal again. Or you can start working on the all the levels again on Hard to get those achievements and the ones you missed.

Hard difficulty is actually not that Hard, you should have no problem what so ever during the entire game on Hard. Though, I am not sure how good you are with shooter games. It shouldn't be a problem though, the only "sort of" tough levels on Hard that I'd say would be the 2nd to last level and possibly the 2nd part of the last level.

Achievements do NOT stack on this game, so beating it on Hard will NOT give the achievements for beating it on Normal. You do not have to start a new game either, just go to Previous Missions and select the mission you want to do again.
    Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Davvyk

I played it on the lowest setting without realizing only to then notice no achievements :(

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By sionweeks

I have the PS3 version, so playing it on Medium isn't going to unlock any trophies or anything for me, so I decided to play it on Hard. It is a little challenging, especially when you have to cross the bridge near the middle of the game.

I would definitely go for Hard.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Player1

O well if the achievements dont stack then im not doing hard. If I really enjoy the game then ill just play it again on hard. Thanks guys

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By OGCartman

Well ,wen ur a noob and learning how to play, medium is much better than hard =D

Reynolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Reynolds

I suck at FPS games, if I pick this up (which I might) I will hopefully be good enough to play it on medium and still have fun.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Player1

Haha well Ive been halo on legendary, and gears on insane. So im not a noob. But those were both on co-op. And there somthing said about having a human next to you, rather then two bickering AI characters. haha

Ive gone with medium btw. Maybe play hard if I enjoy it. Wish there was co-op campaign, but hey its a step in the right direction for battlefield games

Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolswor

The A.I won't help you regardless of what difficulty you're on, and on hard the enemies have laser vision and only target you.  It's not nearly as hard as Gears on insane though.

frantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By frantic

Start on normal, although dyeing doesn't really matter anyway, since you just respawn and the enemies that you killed are still dead...

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Player1

Wolswor said:

"The A.I won't help you regardless of what difficulty you're on, and on hard the enemies have laser vision and only target you.  It's not nearly as hard as Gears on insane though.
    "

I did notice how my teammates just sit hide in the open, not getting hurt. But If I peak my head out for just one second im screwed.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Systech

I played on Normal and the AI was still freakin' insane.

oWarlock360o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oWarlock360o

medium first, and when i got that through, just so i get the taste of it and know what i have to do.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strife88

Start it off on Normal to get used to the controls and everything and once you finish it Hard should be no problem.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Player1

Thats what ive come to the conclusion of...it was stupid to start on hard

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JoeMarsden

Due to Bad Company's respawn system, it really isn't a hard game regardless of your difficulty. Easy, you can take hundreds of bullets on before it starts to be a problem. Normal is just sort of...normal, and hard, well, you'll probably be giving yourself health via the auto-injector every 20 seconds. Of course, if you die, that isn't a problem. It just gives you another unchanged opportunity to kick more ass.

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By bjorno

INSANE

Peter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Peter

I had to grab a friend for gears on Insasne, I think i maybe got to Act 3 with the exploding locust till i was like Fuck This lol

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By DARKIDO07

Play it on Normal, than Hard, achievements don't stack so if you beat it on Hard, you have to re-beat it on Normal to get some achievements. Learned that the hard way.

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By woodtsunami

Defenitly not that hard on Hard. Its about as hard COD 4 on Medium. I beat it on normal, got the gold and weapon achievments,  then beat it on hard. One question, if you want the staying alive achievment were you don't die during the level, can you play on easy???

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Homer

Normal is just more fun =\

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#24  Edited By themoon13

I haven't tried BF: BC on hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.