Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 23, 2008

The venerable Battlefield franchise returns for its second console-only outing, this time with a fleshed out single player campaign and a new multiplayer game mode, Gold Rush.

Official Info on Conquest Mode in BF:BC

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoeMarsden

This is backing up what we already know basically, but it's the official word from EA, found on the Battlefield: Bad Companyhomepage. Here is the direct link to see for yourselves, but i'll quote what the news post says anyway.

"A brand new multiplayer mode is coming to Battlefield: Bad Company!

Keep those weapons on ready soldier we are releasing Conquest Mode on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 soon, for free! The content will include the traditional
    Battlefield multiplayer game mode, Conquest. Conquest focuses on the capture and control of flags; once a team captures a control point, its members can re-spawn in the area. When a team loses control of all their flags or control points, they cannot re-spawn.

Maintaining control over the flags on the battlefield is a key to victory and the ability to re-spawn troops close to the battlefront can make all the difference for that last offensive push. Four existing maps have been redesigned along with all new lighting and weather effects, to give players a great battlefield on which to play Conquest.  Upon entering one of these maps, the U.S. ARMY will face off against either the Russian or Middle Eastern Coalition forces and the battle for control of the territory will begin. Look for more information soon from DICE on the release date and more details on Conquest Mode. 

See you on the Battlefield!"

Here is also the attached image to the original EA news post, showing off the interface.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By duxup

"brand new"

I guess it is to BF:BC but still....

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JoeMarsden

Agreed, it is a bit of a farse but I am still looking forward to the update.

Avatar image for clatubaradanikto
    ClatuBaradaNikto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ClatuBaradaNikto

They mentioned in the EA BA:BC forums that this had been sent off to MS for testing a couple of weeks ago. So it might be "real" soon. I can't wait. It's a rather fun change of pace from COD4.

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JoeMarsden

That, or it could just be sent right back for even more tweaks etc etc. Hey, as long as we get it in full working order, along with some bug fixes, i'll be happy. Which reminds me, they'll probably be co-releasing it with a patch to fix a lot of the bad stuff.

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Schizoid

It's about time, starting to get bored of the multiplayer because it's just the same thing over and over.

JazzMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JazzMaverick

I'm looking forward to the addition of Conquest mode,

it's just a shame they're not releasing any of the old underplayed maps.....like Backstab.

qwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By qwerty

I really hope this doesn't take too many players away from gold rush. It'll be nice for a change but something about conquest has always irked me, you just end up with all the players spread out around the map taking a vehicle behind enemy lines for easy points. Gold rush does a great job funneling players into good pitched battles.

Avatar image for missilewarriorz
    MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MissileWarriorz

we should get this soon 

gold_n_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By gold_n_eye

Along with the update, I really hope they fix some issues. My major concern is when you stop running, it takes 1 second before you can shoot which is too late to react in time to kill an enemy in sight. The gun should appear on screen immediately once you let go of the <sprint button>.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By epic_pets

Sounds cool, looking forward to it.

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoeMarsden
    qwerty said:
    "I really hope this doesn't take too many players away from gold rush. It'll be nice for a change but something about conquest has always irked me, you just end up with all the players spread out around the map taking a vehicle behind enemy lines for easy points. Gold rush does a great job funneling players into good pitched battles.
    "
    Considering Conquest mode will only support four maps on release, I feel that Gold Rush will still remain a well played gametype.
    d1sc0nnected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By d1sc0nnected
    gold_n_eye said:
    "Along with the update, I really hope they fix some issues. My major concern is when you stop running, it takes 1 second before you can shoot which is too late to react in time to kill an enemy in sight. The gun should appear on screen immediately once you let go of the <sprint button>."
    I see this less as an "issue" and more of just a difference in games. This isn't COD4... It took me awhile to get used to the time it takes to transition from sprinting to shooting, but I think it actually makes the game a little more realistic and tactical. You can't go from a dead sprint to firing position in a nano second. And it makes you slow down a little without sprinting around everywhere.
    runk3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By runk3n
    d1sc0nnected said:
    "gold_n_eye said:
    "Along with the update, I really hope they fix some issues. My major concern is when you stop running, it takes 1 second before you can shoot which is too late to react in time to kill an enemy in sight. The gun should appear on screen immediately once you let go of the <sprint button>."
    I see this less as an "issue" and more of just a difference in games. This isn't COD4... It took me awhile to get used to the time it takes to transition from sprinting to shooting, but I think it actually makes the game a little more realistic and tactical. You can't go from a dead sprint to firing position in a nano second. And it makes you slow down a little without sprinting around everywhere.
    "
    Agreed, this is not a bug, its how the game plays. And its not to hard to adjust yourself to it. 

One thing i discovered yesterday when playing was that I couldn't kill a guy behind a fence, I put a whole mag into him (or so i thought), but all I hit was the grids to the fence. He knifed himself out and shot me dead while reloading.. Yes I felt pretty stoopid ;)
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422

They're still kinda late with this. Making the initial announcement so many weeks ago that "Right after bad company releases,we'll have an update for conquest mode" was probably not a good idea,I mean they're like a month or so late with this. I'm still waiting to see how it turns out on the maps that have it though.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Homer

Hopefully, multiplayer is getting old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.