Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 23, 2008

The venerable Battlefield franchise returns for its second console-only outing, this time with a fleshed out single player campaign and a new multiplayer game mode, Gold Rush.

Skill Level Explanation...

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By twenty0ne

Once you get to level 25, you get that "Skill Level" ranging from 1-50, one being the best. Does anyone know how this number is determined?

When I first got to level 25, my skill was 10. Even though my kills per death has been much better and my score per minute is about the same, every time I restart the game, I drop in rank, even if my "form" is in the green. Now I'm ranked 19, and this is really making me mad. Will it ever go back up? Because it hasn't, even if I'm doing well.

Thanks.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shawn

The number is in relation with how other people of the same rank are doing.

For example: If 5 people are doing horrible, and you are doing good, your skill level will go up because you were not in the majority of people doing bad.
    As for form, form is just how you've been playing recently, kill/death ratio wise. So even if you have green form you may not be doing so good compared to other people who are doing better, causing you to drop ranks.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By twenty0ne

Thanks for the reply - it helped me a lot.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shawn

Anytime.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Subway

I went on a team killing spree for fun and it dropped like ten =[

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By twenty0ne
    Shawn said:
    "The number is in relation with how other people of the same rank are doing.

For example: If 5 people are doing horrible, and you are doing good, your skill level will go up because you were not in the majority of people doing bad.
    As for form, form is just how you've been playing recently, kill/death ratio wise. So even if you have green form you may not be doing so good compared to other people who are doing better, causing you to drop ranks."
    But when you say "how other people of the same rank are doing," do you mean kills per death wise? Score wise? Or Score per minute wise?
    twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By twenty0ne

Shawn? :(

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shawn

DICE works in mysterious ways twenty0ne. For your own health, I recommend you stop asking questions >.>

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.