holabendez's Battlefield: Bad Company (Xbox 360) review

Surpringly good fun single player for a multiplayer franchise

This unpretentious game surprised me with how damn good it was. The Battlefield genre is best known for online multiplayer, which doesn’t really excite me, but I came into this game knowing it had a single player story and figured I’d give it a shot. What I found was a game with a surprisingly strong story with well realised, charismatic characters that form the rag tag titular “Bad Company”.

The game is hella fun, with a great gameplay element of destructible environments. With all the vehicles, weapons and open environments that makes Battlefield such a favourite, this game capitalises on that rich legacy and makes for a great game. Blowing up stuff has never been so much fun.