Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield Play4Free

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 04, 2011

This spiritual successor to the free-to-play competitive online cartoon shooter, Battlefield Heroes. It will feature maps from Battlefield 2 and the classes and items from Battlefield: Bad Company 2. You will be able to level up and buy weapons using in-game or out-of-game cash.

Anyone been playing the beta?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Hey guys just curious about people's thoughts who are in the beta... Have you played it? Are you playing it? Are you liking it?   

I just got a key 2 days ago and I'm really digging this game. Sure, it's free to play, but that doesn't make it bad. It's like Bad company and Battlefield 2 combined into one non-stop action package. 
    The matchmaking system is awesome, you're always in a full game so there's always people to shoot and teammates to help and the level up system is awesome. As you progress you get points to put into a skill tree which specializes in Vehicle and Equipment perks and the other specializes in combat perks. You actually have to specialize in flying helicopters and jets, so Randy Mcscrub can't join his first match, take the helicopter, and then flip it upside down and blow it up. The kill cam is here as well, so people can't camp you, and one of the skill tree perks makes it so the enemies name flashes above their head when they shoot at you. 

Right now, there's only 2 maps, but it's just a beta. And DICE seems to be listening to their customers for feedback more than Battlefield: Heroes. (They just lowered the Battlefunds ((Real $ currency)) cost of all weapons and apparel. ) 

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Not sure what the NDA is, but how does it look? Is the performance good? I would imagine since they are doing a free to play game, they would want this on as many PCs as possible, so I would imagine the system requirements aren't super crazy.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Skald

Actually, now that I have Boot Camp working fairly well, I think I might just.

TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " Not sure what the NDA is, but how does it look? Is the performance good? I would imagine since they are doing a free to play game, they would want this on as many PCs as possible, so I would imagine the system requirements aren't super crazy. "
    I'm not going to post screenshots or anything, but from seeing the "superlow" graphics settings, I believe this game can run on a lot of different PC's. Also, on all High the game still looks fantastic for a free2play game. 
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " Not sure what the NDA is, but how does it look? Is the performance good? I would imagine since they are doing a free to play game, they would want this on as many PCs as possible, so I would imagine the system requirements aren't super crazy. "
    I'm not going to post screenshots or anything, but from seeing the "superlow" graphics settings, I believe this game can run on a lot of different PC's. Also, on all High the game still looks fantastic for a free2play game.  "
    That's cool if it scales really well. I wonder how that would effect playability for some people. Like I would think superlow settings would bring about less than ideal draw distance, and that seems like it would a disadvantage for me especially with a game like BF. I'm just thinking about the people that are going to be getting this for purely casual reasons (their target market, right?) and might not have the best gaming pc in the world. In other words is it still an attractive looking game for that kind of audience at lower than ideal settings, or do you think game isn't even really targeted to that bejeweled crowd? That's what BF Heroes is for I guess. This is just to get the rest of us.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

If anyone wants a beta code, check my status update on my profile. Can't guarantee the code hasn't been used 5 times already though.

TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @wolf_blitzer85: The game defaults to superlow graphics, and from what I've played draw distance is not a problem at all. The maps are small enough for it not to be a problem, and recons are the least common class.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.