Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield

Franchise »

The Battlefield series is created by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The games focus on large maps and vehicle combat with a strong focus on class-based teamwork. The Battlefield series spans multiple platforms and has a strong PC based following.

Do you want Battlefield 3 to have perks / awards / weapon unlocking ?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I for one would straight up murder the DICE people if they change the game forever... 
    i want a BF2-like BF3... no fucking awards and shit 

Edit: when i say Awards and Unlocks and Perks, i mean the huge list of those things, which simply become the goal to achieve for players, rather than to win the match itself. 
    Yes, Battlefield 2 did have ribbons and medals, but it wasnt as essential for the gameplay as BC2 has it today.

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By andrela

I want the only awards you get to be for coming first, second  or third overall. Anything else should be presented on a scoreboard at the end of a game. 

Weapon unlocks like the old system, where you can get the first unlock to a kit whenever you want, then continue branching down that kit or start down another.

Battlefield is not call of duty. I hope they don't mess this up

ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ErrorOperator

Correct me if im wrong, but Battlefield 2 had weapon unlocking.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ErrorOperator said:
    " Correct me if im wrong, but Battlefield 2 had weapon unlocking. "
    but there was only 1 extra kit beside the original one.. thats it. right ?
    KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By KimChi4U

I don't really care either way. It didn't take too long to unlock everything in bc2, so it wasn't a big deal. I just want to see good shooting, good opportunities for squad tactics, and great maps.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

bump

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By illmatic19

I want BF2 with better graphics. 

lul

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jack268

Weapon unlocks are okay I suppose, as long as it's not "HIGH LVL WEP=BEST WEP" they managed it fine in BC2, but I really dislike perks.

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By McPaper

Poll seems pretty biased.

Of course I want it to be kit based and 64 players.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jimbo

BF2 had weapon unlocks and XP and shit already, so I don't really care what they do with that side of it.  

Hopefully they'll keep the destructible environments of BC2, but with BF2's scale (huge maps, jets, etc.).  If they could ditch the whack-a-mole gameplay of BF2, that'd be great too.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @McPaper said:
    " Poll seems pretty biased. "
    Option 1 is biased towards not having that stuff, and Option 2 is biased for it .. i did call it "kickass" in #2 

@Jimbo said:
    " BF2 had weapon unlocks and XP and shit already, so I don't really care what they do with that side of it.    "
    not as much as the new shooters. it had 6-7 kits, with 1 alternative weapon for each kit, and the XP was only for your stats and soldier rank. it wasnt so full of shit to matter to players more than the match itself
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By CL60

Didn't BF2 have awards also? Like emblems, ribbons and badges and stuff?

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

I want Battlefield 3 to be Battlefield 2 with better balance, graphics, and shooting mechanics. I felt like I was shooting pea shooters in Battlefield 2.

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By unclejohnny79

Yeah i kinda enjoy that, but whatever they think works yinno, 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Jimbo
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Hmmm, you have a point.  I don't think they need to necessarily ditch any of that stuff though, just incentivize winning a lot more.  I do agree that the main aim of every player should be first and foremost to win the game.
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By xMP44x

I never played Battlefield 2, due to the fact I'm not a PC player. However, I played Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, which seems to be the same thing at a glance, albeit for console. I like the idea of having the awards that were present in Bad Company 2. Awards made doing things more fun, and it allowed you to feel that you had accomplished something. I like the way that DICE took out one of the classes and streamlined them in Bad Company 2 from the original Bad Company. Giving too many classes bogs the whole experience down, and you wind up playing as a character who is good in only some situations, and will lose out in many others. At least with the smaller number of classes, dying is likely enough, but you can defend yourself a little. I'm not too fussy regardless, because i simply look forward to playing Battlefield 3, if it releases on console. Bigger maps would be nice, though it's unlikely to happen on a console version of the game seeing as people cannot maintain their own dedicated servers for it... though it would be sweet if they could.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Codeacious

I really don't want BF to jump on the "Modern Warfare" bandwagon. I'd rather DICE do what they do best, and not copy someone else's ideas. BF2 is still the greatest Battlefield game to me, and I don't want the series to turn into Modern Warfare with 32 people and vehicles.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rockanomics

I just remember loving BF2's system like crazy, but I think it was because it was one of the first instances of Modern Warfare's type of system.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By raiz265

no perks pls.

and there were awards and weapon unlocks in bf2.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TotalEklypse

64 players or more. no perks. more vehicles and maps supporting them at their fullest. building damage if possible. none of this over powered higher level player weapons shit. gun attachments to modify your weapon. better voice codecs. realistic hit detection.. i mean few bullets to bring down a target and realistic wounding. good play mode variety especially if they can think of a way to convert a titan type mode into it. maybe make it titan mode but using air craft carriers or something. realistic weather effects and day/night cycles. no spamming airstrikes via snipers. uavs and such are cool but should be called in by squad/commanders (only if available) not just any regular soldier and with that well defined leadership structure and incentives for following orders. if ships are present like other bf games make sure the calling in artillery support requires someone on the ship to fire the salvos, not just a called in thing that happens perfectly every time because it is a fixed type event. saime goes for air support. call for air support and someone flying an aircraft must respond for it to happen. i want realism above all else.  

this is my wish list =)

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I can't stand perks...

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gruff182

What are you going on about?

Unlocks and perks were in BF games, long before MW came out. BF2 had weapon unlocks badges and ribbons long before MW came along. 

2142 had what were essentially "perks" a year before MW was released. Eg.. Sprint, advanced stealth, sniper beacon and more.

I want BF3 to be BF2 evolved. The only thing new MW brought to the table, was killstreaks and even then BF already had a commander who could call in artillary strikes and UAV support.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @xMP44x said: 

"  i simply look forward to playing Battlefield 3, if it releases on console. Bigger maps would be nice, though it's unlikely to happen on a console version of the game seeing as people cannot maintain their own dedicated servers for it... though it would be sweet if they could. "

@xMP44x said: 

"  i simply look forward to playing Battlefield 3, if it releases on console. Bigger maps would be nice, though it's unlikely to happen on a console version of the game seeing as people cannot maintain their own dedicated servers for it... though it would be sweet if they could. "

If BF3 wont have 64 player maps, it wont be Battlefield 3

@TotalEklypse said:

" 64 players or more. no perks. more vehicles and maps supporting them at their fullest. building damage if possible. none of this over powered higher level player weapons shit. gun attachments to modify your weapon. better voice codecs. realistic hit detection.. i mean few bullets to bring down a target and realistic wounding."

I stopped reading there.. you're a bad person

@CL60 said: 

" Didn't BF2 have awards also? Like emblems, ribbons and badges and stuff? "

@raiz265 said: 

" there were awards and weapon unlocks in bf2. "

@Gruff182 said:

" What are you going on about?Unlocks and perks were in BF games, long before MW came out. BF2 had weapon unlocks badges and ribbons long before MW came along.   2142 had what were essentially "perks" a year before MW was released. Eg.. Sprint, advanced stealth, sniper beacon and more.  I want BF3 to be BF2 evolved. The only thing new MW brought to the table, was killstreaks and even then BF already had a commander who could call in artillary strikes and UAV support. "

Ok, i clarified what im on about in the OP (edit), but i'll say it once more : 
    Yes, BF2 did have unlocks and ribbons/medals, but: 
    • You had 6-7 kits, and you could only unlock one alternative gun. that was it. 
    •  The awards: they were just a part of the player's "profile" and rank. you gather them as you go, but they werent so essential in the gameplay that they'd distract you from the actual match. People in these new games dont want to win the round, they want to unlock the fuckton of stuff and get perks and dogtags... they dont seem to want to play the game right and win it. 
    Sorry for the underline... this website is fucked up
    GreyFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GreyFox

I want it to be a good mix of what unlocking and leveling was in BF2142 and is now in BC2. I really enjoyed it in BF2142, yet right now it would be  bit underwhelming, because you need more stuff to unlock, so a mix.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By mikemcn

All I want is the Dogtags system, looking at the hundreds of dogtags ive gotten from knifing fools makes me happy. =)

And maybe an ACOG scope.......

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tuggah

Never played BC2, but I like the insignia's and pins in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Get rid of the perk system, and keep the weapon unlocking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.