Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield

Franchise »

The Battlefield series is created by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The games focus on large maps and vehicle combat with a strong focus on class-based teamwork. The Battlefield series spans multiple platforms and has a strong PC based following.

Hardline is officially the new Battlefield 2014 + Trailer

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    No Caption Provided

Battlefield Hardline Coming This Fall

On behalf of everyone at EA and Visceral Games, I’m fired up to confirm our next project – Battlefield Hardline. The game launches this fall and it’s a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love – the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals.

Several years ago, I was at an internal EA meeting in Barcelona with creative leaders from across the company. It was there I met Karl Magnus Troedsson, the GM of DICE, for the first time, and we immediately began talking about games – I’ve always loved Battlefield and KM was a huge fan of Dead Space, which I was working on at the time. We started talking about different ways we could work together, different ways we could take Battlefield and action games in a new direction. It was then that this project that became Battlefield Hardline was born.

There’s been a lot of buzz today about Battlefield Hardline – we’re getting ready for E3 and fans found some details on our website about what we’re working on for the show. We’ve been reading all of your comments and we’re excited to be going into more detail soon on the ways we’re adding new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer and more about how we’re bringing our strengths at Visceral to single player.

I hope you’ll join us for the official world premiere on June 9 at Noon PDT, and sign up for updates on the new game at our website.

Steve Papoutsis - Vice President and General Manager, Visceral Games

http://www.ea.com/news/battlefield-hardline-coming-this-fall

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline

So, its pretty official by now. I mean it officially has a EA website now, so I'm calling it. Apparently the codename was "Battlefield Havana". It doesn't really look like Heat to me when I squint my eye, but more like something from Inside Man or something. Some of these other images are what's floating around the Heat-net.

Cops, robbers, tear gas, Chargers, speed bikes, Hustle Vans.

:D

Trailer on Dailymotion.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hell Yeah! Can't wait to take the battle to dem streetz..

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Grappling hook, crossbow, sports cars, baseball bat? In a Battlefield game?

Fuck. Yes.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones

I get the feeling it's called Battlefield simply for the brand recognition. Still it sounds pretty cool

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

No tanks? No sale.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ripelivejam

police tanks???

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gonna wait for after reviews this time. Also gonna be a hard time convincing my friends if it turns out to be polished and playable this time, BF4 REALLY soured them

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Visceral is making this. I expect to see some Moon Crew.

bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By BaneFireLord

If this winds up basically being The Shootout from Heat: The Game, I'll be very happy.

Loading Video...

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

Another perfect example of why I have a feeling this will the be last year for E3. As Nintendo has shown there is no reason to waste essentially a few million dollars for a 1 hour showcase of your games when all you have to do is tweet it, and its on the front page of every game site. I know if i was advising the likes of EA, Activision or others i wouldnt waste the time or money.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game will blow Payday out the fucking water. I've stopped caring for Payday when the devs were added new content mainly for PC users. I know it's difficult trying to bring DLC to consoles, but hell overtime I lost interests in the game.

Loading Video...

After hearing whats going to be in this game. I'm starting to have high hopes for it, I love crime games.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

Grappling hook, crossbow, sports cars, baseball bat? In a Battlefield game?

Fuck. Yes.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@bslayer: Then I'll preorder whatever the collector's edition is.

Also acceptable is anything resembling the end chase in Furious 6

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

I am pretty hype. Hopefully still big player counts.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just from the titlecard and equipment it looks like a Heat-styled bank robbery scenario thing or urban warfare type of thing. Cool.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they can do a good payday style multiplayer game i would be so happy, those games sound appealing but play terrible. Also this sounds amazing to me, hope the launch goes well.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck da police!!!

Here's hoping for some maps were you could create some decent car chases

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Well let's just hope it's Battlefield only in name. I'll be skipping this one if it follows the trend set by it's past two predecessors. I'm still interested at this point though.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds pretty sweet. It will be nice not to have another generic war setting.

I'm definitely interested in seeing more.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

So, the trailer go leaked and taken down twice on YouTube. Dailymotion has it though.

Its fucking nuts! :D

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spraynardtatum

Comes out 2014 for $59.99 and is playable sometime late 2015.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually excited. I've never been a big Battlefield fan but this has me quite interested. So nice not to see deserts.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I want to be excited, but every time I buy a Battlefield game I end up not really enjoying it. Great looking trailer though.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just don't make it anything like payday.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the last Battlefield work yet?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Seppli

@gorillamopena said:

It's been a joy on PS4 since they switched to the new server infrastructure about a month ago. Most problems have been connected to the servers, and since they've been switched out, it's been pretty much perfect. I guess BF4 is one patch away from being as good as BF4 can possibly get.

Hell, I've spent around 700 hours on BF4 since it first came out. It hasn't been as bad as people make it seem, at least not for me. I'd say it was only gamebreakingly laggy for about a month in total, and for the most parts, that only concerned the 64 player modes - at least on PS4. Sure, it still has some glitches here and there, and the netcode is not always great, but overall it's been an amazing ride.

I pity those who can't get past its issues, because beyond all that, Battlefield 4 is insanely awesome.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Seppli

I really hope they're focusing lots of resources on driving physics. I want it to feel real. Weighty and squirrely - with an emphasis on powerdrifting. I also hope that they're going back to fully unshackled physics in regards to driving - as in cars flipping over easily and believably when a driver fucks up. Can't have great car chases without great driving physics. Can't have great Battlefield moments without spectacular and dynamic car crashes. Stunts too will be more awesome with *crutch-free* physics.

Bad Company 1 was the last Battlefield without *crutch-physics* for vehicles. Hell - even choppers were unshackled those days - as in giving the player all the freedom of control, allowing for advanced maneuvers like corkscrews and loop-di-loops and whatnot (as well as super-easily fucking up and crashing, of course).

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Loading Video...

Yeah, this looks fucking rad.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@gorillamopena said:

Hell, I've put in around 700 hours into BF4 since it first came out. It hasn't been as bad as people make it seem.

I pity those who can't get past its issues, because beyond all that, Battlefield 4 is insanely awesome.

It isn't as bad as people make it seem? You couldn't possibly know that! STOP SAYING THAT!

You're right though, since they switched servers it now works....6 months after release.

PS: Single player save corruption still isn't fixed.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Seppli

@spraynardtatum said:

@seppli said:

@gorillamopena said:

Hell, I've put in around 700 hours into BF4 since it first came out. It hasn't been as bad as people make it seem.

It isn't as bad as people make it seem? You couldn't possibly know that! STOP SAYING THAT!

You're right though, since they switched servers it now works....6 months after release.

Like that doesn't go two ways. My experience has been as I stated, and hence I feel people who say it's been totally broken all the time are overreacting. You may well state the opposite, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

It's likely just down to different standards. Like when the first 20 seconds of each 20+ minutes round has no sound. Some people find that super-broken. I just shrug at it.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By spraynardtatum

@seppli said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@seppli said:

@gorillamopena said:

Like that doesn't go two ways. My experience has been as I stated, and hence I feel people who say it's been totally broken all the time are overreacting. You may well state the opposite, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

It's likely just down to different standards.

It does go both ways and thats why saying "it hasn't been as bad as people make it seem" is still ultimately incorrect.

And I know very well that you won't agree with me as you've already stated that you're basing your opinion purely off of your own experience. Me telling you about my experience, or anyones experience for that matter, is inconsequential to how you're choosing to look at it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

No Bad Company no deal.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Seppli
    @spraynardtatum said:

@seppli said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@seppli said:

@gorillamopena said:

It does go both ways and thats why saying "it hasn't been as bad as people make it seem" is still ultimately incorrect.

And I know very well that you won't agree with me as you've already stated that you're basing your opinion purely off of your own experience. Me telling you about my experience, or anyones experience for that matter, is inconsequential to how you're choosing to look at it.

Well, it really hasn't been all that bad. If only the people who had issues would have their say, and everybody else would stay quiet, it indeed would seem like that's how it was for everyone. Looking at the BF community as a whole, it certainly wasn't. To a certain degree I accredit all the doom and gloom to unrealistic expectations in regards to how connectivity-issue-free massive online experiences like Battlefield can truely be - at least without ping limiters and IP-bans and the likes. If a dude from Australia shoots at me, playing on a European server as a European, things are bound to go haywire every so often.

In other words, I'm talking about the situation in general, whilst you are talking of your personal situation. In general, BF4 has been fine for many of us, most of the time. In summation, I'm certainly more right than I am wrong in my assessement that things weren't as bad as you say, at least for the general population. Yours seems like a worst case scenario, and not at all like a fair assessement of the general state of the game. I don't discredit your story, I'm just saying it's in contrast to my own experiences, and therefore things couldn't have been as bad as the disgruntled make it sound.

BF4 has been a pretty baller time for me, pretty much from launch day to now, with a couple of weeks of downtime due to super-shitty server performance. That's about it. It wasn't the absolute trainwreck some make it out to be. It might have been for you personally, but that's not my story.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By crithon

hmmmm not surprised, considering Medal of Honor would usually be that game in between battlefield releases. Still, it looks iffy, in that EA production reel trying to hype it up bigger then it really is.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bigjeffrey

i really liked BF4, this looks like that . but if a halo hits this year any other shooter is dead to me.

Avatar image for klragrmndfvrarg
    klragrmndfvrarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By klragrmndfvrarg

I'm a bit disappointed to see it using the same weapon models from BF4 actually. There was enough of a jump from BF3 to 4 for me to warrant a purchase but this seems maybe a bit too similar. I guess I don't know what I was expecting. Admittedly, still in most likeliness, this will be a day one purchase for me and I'm excited enough to see more of it.

It's also kinda weird to see the franchise being pulled in such different directions since it's first inception. I can almost remember playing 1942. But of course Battlefront more so than this. I just want that to be a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin. Nothing more.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Elwoodan

On one hand, I'm pumped to see DICE make something with a different focus than large-scale military combat. On the other battlefield is my go-to for large-scale military combat, so I dunno how the concepts of a traditional battlefield game would translate to something (presumably) smaller-scale.

EDIT: woops, missed that DICE wasn't making it, but the point still stands, bank robbery =/= full-scale war.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm sure the M4 in BF4 looked pretty good guys. There's plenty of other different stuff to focus on making than another M4 that looks the same.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Capum15

My first reaction was that it kinda seems like a Total Conversion mod for Battlefield 4.

After watching that trailer, the feeling still lingers, but it seems to be a pretty cool thing on its' own. Interested to see where it goes.

Though I found the police-painted AH-6 Littlebird and the Cruiser with the .50 on top to be hilarious. Imagining an officer calling in a gun run or rocket strike on some robbers is great.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks pretty dope. With this, Destiny, and Far Cry 4 out this fall/holiday, my wallet is going to weep!

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: Is Peyton Manning the creative lead?

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a man who played Battlefield religiously 2004-2013, have you all forgotten how broken Battlefield 4 is?

My last BF was 3 and it was excellent, hundreds of hours clocked, but I skipped BF4 because of how broken it is, and I don't think DICE cares to fix their games anymore, they have nothing to prove, they're made, they get your money whatever they pump out. I'm out of this equation.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By spraynardtatum
    @seppli said:
    @spraynardtatum said:

@seppli said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@seppli said:

@gorillamopena said:

Well, it really hasn't been all that bad. If only the people who had issues would have their say, and everybody else would stay quiet, it indeed would seem like that's how it was for everyone. Looking at the BF community as a whole, it certainly wasn't. To a certain degree I accredit all the doom and gloom to unrealistic expectations in regards to how connectivity-issue-free massive online experiences like Battlefield can truely be - at least without ping limiters and IP-bans and the likes. If a dude from Australia shoots at me, playing on a European server as a European, things are bound to go haywire every so often.

In other words, I'm talking about the situation in general, whilst you are talking of your personal situation. In general, BF4 has been fine for many of us, most of the time. In summation, I'm certainly more right than I am wrong in my assessement that things weren't as bad as you say, at least for the general population. Yours seems like a worst case scenario, and not at all like a fair assessement of the general state of the game. I don't discredit your story, I'm just saying it's in contrast to my own experiences, and therefore things couldn't have been as bad as the disgruntled make it sound.

BF4 has been a pretty baller time for me, pretty much from launch day to now, with a couple of weeks of downtime due to super-shitty server performance. That's about it. It wasn't the absolute trainwreck some make it out to be. It might have been for you personally, but that's not my story.

THE SINGLE PLAYER SAVE FILE CORRUPTION STILL EXISTS!

Talking to you about BF4 is like talking to a brick wall. I'm sure you feel the same way. You say mine is a worst case scenario, I say yours is a best case scenario. Frankly, I think your love for the series is blinding you in regards to BF4s overall performance. I'm glad you had a good time with it. It was severely broken for many of us for extended amounts of time. Please....please stop saying that we're over reacting. You're wrong. It was not an illusion that BF4 didn't work.

I've played other Battlefield games and I understand that they all take time to get everything working as intended. BF4 was different. It had incredibly real problems that took an incredibly long time to fix. There were class action lawsuits regarding how buggy it was. A class action lawsuit...to me....seems to indicate that...something...didn't go exactly as it should have. The fact that it was filed at all is clear evidence that there were substantial issues with the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.