How do I become a Battlefield Veteran?

#1 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

I really want the M1 Garand for multiplayer, but it says it's only available to Battlefield Veterans. I can't figure out how to add games so I can become a Battlefield Veteran. All I have registered is BC1, and when I select a game from the drop down menu to add it nothing happens. Halp!

#2 Edited by GoranP (1128 posts) -

Their site and whatnot is down/having technical issues.

#3 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I'm not really sure, but I pre-ordered the limited edition from amazon (it will arrive in a few days because I chose free shipping) and the details said that I would receive 2 weapons from BF1943, and I'm guessing the Garand is one of them.
#4 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse said:
" I'm not really sure, but I pre-ordered the limited edition from amazon (it will arrive in a few days because I chose free shipping) and the details said that I would receive 2 weapons from BF1943, and I'm guessing the Garand is one of them. "
When you preorder you get the AKS-74U. When you get the Limited Edition you get some other unlocks, I think the Thompson is included.
#5 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

The two weapons you get from 1943 are the Thompson and the M1911A1.
 
Veterancy is required for the Garand, except the website for it is busted.

#6 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @PeasantAbuse said:
" I'm not really sure, but I pre-ordered the limited edition from amazon (it will arrive in a few days because I chose free shipping) and the details said that I would receive 2 weapons from BF1943, and I'm guessing the Garand is one of them. "
When you preorder you get the AKS-74U. When you get the Limited Edition you get some other unlocks, I think the Thompson is included. "
Not to derail your thread, but is the Thompson and M1911 unlockable in the game without the pre-order?
 
Also, I've heard the site is not working with the Veteran thing for a lot of people, so hopefully they fix that.
#7 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -
@xobballox said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @PeasantAbuse said:
" I'm not really sure, but I pre-ordered the limited edition from amazon (it will arrive in a few days because I chose free shipping) and the details said that I would receive 2 weapons from BF1943, and I'm guessing the Garand is one of them. "
When you preorder you get the AKS-74U. When you get the Limited Edition you get some other unlocks, I think the Thompson is included. "
Not to derail your thread, but is the Thompson and M1911 unlockable in the game without the pre-order?  Also, I've heard the site is not working with the Veteran thing for a lot of people, so hopefully they fix that. "
I think those two guns were unlocked for me from the start, but don't you have to have played BF1943 to get them? I dunno.
#8 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @xobballox said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @PeasantAbuse said:
" I'm not really sure, but I pre-ordered the limited edition from amazon (it will arrive in a few days because I chose free shipping) and the details said that I would receive 2 weapons from BF1943, and I'm guessing the Garand is one of them. "
When you preorder you get the AKS-74U. When you get the Limited Edition you get some other unlocks, I think the Thompson is included. "
Not to derail your thread, but is the Thompson and M1911 unlockable in the game without the pre-order?  Also, I've heard the site is not working with the Veteran thing for a lot of people, so hopefully they fix that. "
I think those two guns were unlocked for me from the start, but don't you have to have played BF1943 to get them? I dunno. "
I just remembered the offer.. it was if you pre-ordered the game you automatically got the Limited Edition and it came with those guns.  I have BF1943, so hopefully they're there for me when I get BC2.  Thanks!
#9 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -
@xobballox: If you have 1943 and you get the Limited Edition than you absolutely will have the two weapons. The Thompson is alright and god, the M1911 pistol is completely overpowered.
#10 Edited by espen (2 posts) -
@natetodamax:  EA has had to disable the Veteran site cause their games are too popular. I just bought Bad Company 1 to get Veteran status, and i have Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 1943 that I already play. Can you immagine how dissappointed I was when I found out. I want the Garand to, cause it's a good rifle. One shot semi is the way you fight most effective. Come on EA, get a grip.
#11 Posted by AuthenticM (3805 posts) -

I preordred the game from Amazon a long time ago and didn't get the AKS-74u.

#12 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -

Is the EA site working now? What games count towards veteran status? Does 1943 count? I know you need a least 2 games to be considered a "veteran", according to the EA site. Does that not include BF:BC2 (so 3 games total)?

#13 Posted by Dujun (60 posts) -

Here's how you become a veteran in Bad Company 2 
 
1. Go to http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/ and log in with your EA account, then go to the tab named 'Veteran'. 
2. Add a game, I recommend Battlefield Heroes, as it is very easy to get a user, if you don't have one already. Battlefield Heroes is also free, this means that everyone can get the M1. 
3. Enjoy your M1 Garand in-game.

#14 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -
@Dujun said:
" Here's how you become a veteran in Bad Company 2 
 
1. Go to http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/ and log in with your EA account, then go to the tab named 'Veteran'. 2. Add a game, I recommend Battlefield Heroes, as it is very easy to get a user, if you don't have one already. Battlefield Heroes is also free, this means that everyone can get the M1. 3. Enjoy your M1 Garand in-game. "
Thanks!! I not have a veteran status of 1. Hopefully I can use the Garand now.
#15 Posted by Grimnick (21 posts) -

I have: 
- BF 1942 
- BF 2 
- BF 2142 
- BF BC 
- BF BC2  
- BF Heroes (2 characters)
 
I can't add any of these (except for BC2) to my account.
BF 1942, for example, should work by just giving in the CD-key. 
That shouldn't be a problem right? I add the key, nothing happens! I try it again "CD-key claimed"... wtf? 

BF Heroes is registered with the same EA account, but it doesn't register either. 
 
BF 2 & 2142 don't work either, I have the right username & password (I doublechecked), again nothing happens. 
And BC1... I played online games so that should register too... nothing happens. 
  
The 'Force Refresh Veteran  Status'-button is just for show. 

Imho that EA site is totally broken. I've been struggling to get this to work for 2 hours now. 
I give up, you win EA, god damn you!!! 
 
Btw: is anyone else having problems with the url? 
I visited veteran.battlefield.com which redirects you to  https://www.badcompany2.ea.com/veteran (notice httpS (secure))
But the link doesn't seem to work,  http://www.badcompany2.ea.com/veteran does though. 
Anyone having the same problem?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.