Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield

Franchise »

The Battlefield series is created by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The games focus on large maps and vehicle combat with a strong focus on class-based teamwork. The Battlefield series spans multiple platforms and has a strong PC based following.

Revive Ability on Every KIt >>> Only Assault/Medic

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Kit-specific revives are dumb. Armored Kill maps are the best example. Nobody plays Assault/Medic on these types of maps, and suddenly an entire aspect of the game goes missing. At least on public servers - but let's be honest here - it's an overwhelming majority playing on public servers.

Remember BF:BC 1, with its Adrenaline Syringe/Health-2? Give every Soldier 1x Syringe, 2x with an optional specialization. Everybody can resuscitate. This way, reviving is a mechanical depth present on every map, regardless of scale and gameplay focus. Just how it should be.

Agreed?

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Jack268

I think the problem is rather that people don't play Assault on those maps because Engineer and Support are the only strong classes against tanks in BF3. In BC2, an assault/medic could be just effective at busting tanks using C4 as the engineer could be with his rockets, which made playing any class completely viable even if you were going up against several tanks.

I would rather they gave C4 to all classes again than revive, because I feel revive is supposed to be a trademark ability of the assault/medic class, like the ammo kit for support and repair tool for engineer.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Seppli

@Jack268 said:

I think the problem is rather that people don't play Assault on those maps because Engineer and Support are the only strong classes against tanks in BF3. In BC2, an assault/medic could be just effective at busting tanks using C4 as the engineer could be with his rockets, which made playing any class completely viable even if you were going up against several tanks.

I would rather they gave C4 to all classes again than revive, because I feel revive is supposed to be a trademark ability of the assault/medic class, like the ammo kit for support and repair tool for engineer.

That's a good point.

Everything was much denser in BF:BC 2 though, and despite a much higher playercount, everybody is way more spread out in BF3. Even if every kit has some form of effective anti tank loadout, it's just way less likely that a medic is around. Whereas in BF:BC 2, usually half your team is going to be in sprinting distance to you at all times, making revivies much more likely than in the sprawling planes of BF3's vehicle focused maps.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Wemibelle

I solve this problem by not playing the bigger maps with vehicles. I'm a fan of the smaller maps with a focus on infantry combat, with maybe a vehicle or two per side.

I can see why people would not want to play Assault though. Engineer is too important on those vehicle-heavy maps. I hate seeing a tank on my mini-map and not being able to do anything about it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

The medics on 360 only revive people when there are a bunch of enemies nearby who will kill the person being revived instantly again, so I'm totally okay with not giving everybody the ability to revive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.