Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield

Franchise »

The Battlefield series is created by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The games focus on large maps and vehicle combat with a strong focus on class-based teamwork. The Battlefield series spans multiple platforms and has a strong PC based following.

What is a "Real" Battlefield Game?

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By asurastrike

It seems like every time a new Battlefield game comes out, fans of the older games say the new one isn't a "real" Battlefield game. Like when I say I played Battlefield 2142, players of Battlefield 2, or 1942 tell me that doesn't count.

So which ones count as "real" Battlefield games?

Battlefield 1942
    Battlefield Vietnam
    Battlefield 2
    Battlefield 2142      
    Battlefield Bad Company
    Battlefield Heroes
    Battlefield 1943
    Battlefield Bad Company 2

It seems that there are far more "casual" Battlefield games than "real" Battlefield games.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

2142 is good, and the hit detection in it is better than in BF2, so I'd rather play 2142.  For me a "real" battlefield game is one that is not dumbed down like how the console games have had no prone or parachute and less players.  I can understand less players but the other stuff sucks; at least 1943 lets you jump out and parachute down.  I think when fans complain like that they just mean that 2142 isn't a whole new game, it feels more like an expansion or mod of BF2.  I'm waiting on BF3, which has been confirmed and is not bad company 2. 

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Noodles

Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142 are the "real" Battlefield games. Not to say that Bad Company or 1943 aren't good, it's just the prejudice that us longtime Battlefield players have. And don't listen to people who bitch and moan about 2142, even if it isn't as good as Battlefield 2 it's still one of the "real" games.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gruff182

2142 is fine. The ones after I wouldn't consider "real". Not saying there bad games, just not..  real. 1943 is a taster, roll on BF3.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_
    Battlefield 1942
    Battlefield Vietnam
    Battlefield 2
    Battlefield 2142       
    Battlefield Bad Company
    Battlefield Heroes
    Battlefield 1943
    Battlefield Bad Company 2

The bolded ones. Although I did really love Vietnam.
    gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By gearhead

Battlefield 2, and 1942. Heroes, Bad Company, and 1943 are offsprings. 2142 was shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.