Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield

Franchise »

The Battlefield series is created by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The games focus on large maps and vehicle combat with a strong focus on class-based teamwork. The Battlefield series spans multiple platforms and has a strong PC based following.

Which Battlefield has the best Multiplayer?

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Edited By skyline7284

Poll Which Battlefield has the best Multiplayer? (216 votes)

Battlefield 1942 9%
    Battlefield: Vietnam 3%
    Battlefield 2 16%
    Battlefield 2142 6%
    Battlefield: Bad Company 1%
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 41%
    Battlefield 1943 2%
    Battlefield 3 11%
    Battlefield 4 9%
    Battlefield: Hardline 0%

I'm curious to see what everyone thinks was the best Battlefield game in terms of Multiplayer. I started with 1942 (Purchased it when BF2 came out), and loved both 1942, and 2. But man Bad Company 2 blew everything else out of the water. The squad system worked flawlessly, just the right amount of unlocks, fantastic maps (with one or two exceptions), destruction that kept you always moving, balanced classes, constant explosions (Which sounded incredible), absurd vehicles that could simply plow through walls. Bad Company 2 represented the high mark in the series for me, in terms of sheer amount of fun to have with friends.

• 
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Corevi

Objectively best is Bad Company 2, but I have a massive soft spot for Titan mode in 2142. Drop pods are rad, and giant helicarriers that you have to board, blow up from the inside, then jump off before you die are really cool.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By falserelic

I really enjoyed Bad Company 2 alot.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow i thought i was an outlier loving bad company 2 the most, but i guess not!

2142 was pretty dope as well.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My favorite was probably Bad Company 2, but I also loved 1942 and BF2... I do like BF3 and BF4 as well despite Battlefield 4's launch problems.

Never got to try 2142 but It always looked great. (Don't know if anyone remembers this but I always watched the trailer for 2142 that was in BF2 I believe)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Bad Company 2. Especially the Vietnam expansion.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bad company 2 was easily my favorite. The Vietnam expansion for bad company is a very close second for me though.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favourite part of Bad Company 2 is that by the end of the match you're fighting in a fucking wasteland. It's awesome.

@seppli said:

Anyone still play the expansion? Last time I played (probably a year ago) the most populated server was with 10 people.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BC2!

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Bad Company 2 was the shit. The game had the best mix of raw stupidity and genuinely well-designed maps. The first Bad Company was similar but the maps weren't as good. 3 and 4 were bogged down with the upgrade/unlocking systems that plague most online shooters these days. In BC2 I played mostly with the starting equipment for a lot of the classes. It felt much more balanced and let you have fun right out of the gate.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By flasaltine

Battlefield 2 with the Project Reality mod. Anyone that says otherwise has not played Project Reality. It is unparalleled in terms of teamwork. The only thing that can rival it is the Arma series. The game is just damn fun too.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I really enjoyed Bad Company 2 and not really anything since.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slyspider

BattleField 2.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Seppli

@themangalist said:

Favourite part of Bad Company 2 is that by the end of the match you're fighting in a fucking wasteland. It's awesome.

@seppli said:

Anyone still play the expansion? Last time I played (probably a year ago) the most populated server was with 10 people.

Haven't played it since about a year ago too. Europe still had one full conquest server going at the time during peak hours. On PC at least. Dunno about the console version. Shame it wasn't stand-alone like BF1943. People are totally still playing that, I'd be willing to bet.

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
    A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bad Company 2. After that game I have found another online shooter that has hooked me the same way. Shame the single player wasn't as awesome as BC 1 was.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

2000 ticket Heavy Metal servers were orright.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2142, come at me.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BBC2 easily overall, but I do love the 64 player conquest matches on BF4's huge maps.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield 2, y'all.

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Definitely Bad Company 2, It was my first MP that I loved other than Halo 3.

Plus the Single player was good, Kind of wish Onslaught mode was in the newer BF games.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is everyone high? It's obviously 1942.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I just love how bare-bones 1943 is. You don't need all that other stuff, just give me Wake Island and Iwo Jima.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's Battlefield Heroes?!

Battlefield 2 with the Project Reality mod. Anyone that says otherwise has not played Project Reality. It is unparalleled in terms of teamwork. The only thing that can rival it is the Arma series. The game is just damn fun too.

I've never played Project Reality (or even stock BF2), but that's why I voted for it. I could spend all day watching dbzao's videos.

This is the one that got me hooked:

Loading Video...

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I especially loved all the free maps they gave out for Battlefield Bad Company 2. And when they finally decided to charge you, they did it right with Bad Company 2: Vietnam.

Yeah there was a time when Battlefield Hardline was a $20 expansion pack instead of a full retail game. I miss those days and hope they come back sometime soon.

Bad Company 2 may have stumbled a bit in the singleplayer department, but they did everything right when it came to the multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, I spend hundreds of hours playing Battlefield 3, but BC2 was some next level shit.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Bad Company 2 was the bomb.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield Heroes

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I liked Bad Company 2... but I guess it's now overrated.

My favorite is still the original. Spent the most time with it, one of my all time favorites. I liked 2 and Vietnam the most after that one.

JesterArbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've gotta say 1942. I never did get into online shooters until this game and I was enamored with it. I would give Battlefield 3 a close second though.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is 1942 not sweeping!?

Bad Company 2 was amazing but it was still stripped down compared to the messy brilliance of 1942.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By T_wester

Battlefield 1942 is still one of the best online games imo mostly due to the mods and people i played it with. The game had the right tempo and scale for a WWII game.

Flying was great, nothing better than diving and clipping a infantry man with the tip of your wing, or playing on a custom made ctf map, imaging a football field with jumps, mines and 64 jeeps, just a great overall experience.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vuud

BF3 is the one I put the most hours into so I'd have to say that's what I think is the best. Battlefield 2 had pretty much everything I hate about Battlefield. In BC2 the shooting just felt awful, I didn't like the attachment system for weapons, and the lack of prone was jarring; but it was still fun and had a couple really great maps.

I'd like to say 2142 but I haven't been able to find many servers to play on and now EA is going to murder all their much better old games for good.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smcn: I am rather baffled that PR has still survived this long. I really don't see what it does that ARMA don't do better. But I'm a BIS fanboi.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield Vietnam...because it's the only one I actually played. Good ficking luck flying a helicopter without a stick. And bamboo sticks...those assholes broke me.

MasterpinE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MasterpinE

I have a soft spot for the original Battlefield: Vietnam, mainly because i just loved flying choppers with a good joystick. So relaxing being a tank ferry and raining death from above. 24/7 playing 'Ride of the Valkyries' on radio. Even played clan games as the dedicated chopper pilot, damn good times.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud said:

@smcn: I am rather baffled that PR has still survived this long. I really don't see what it does that ARMA don't do better. But I'm a BIS fanboi.

Well, Project Reality has been around longer than ARMA.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this talk of Battlefield makes me wanna play 2 even more, because I never had the chance. Since it's on sale everywhere, any recommendations? I have never played BF2 before, If I do go ahead and buy it, is there anything I need to know?

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th: Man i totally forgot about that game, i played a ton of it when i had a not so good laptop. The classes were fun, i liked the maps and the overall visual style and loved being able to sit on the wings of planes.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heli strafing & pinpoint accuracy of weapons is keeping BC2 from getting my vote. BF3 it is.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud said:

PR offers a completely different experience. Arma is about co-op vs. bots and PR is about 50 vs. 50 PvP. PR isn't just a fucking deathmatch like BF2/3/4/etc. or even Red Orchestra or something. It is realistic but it feels a bit more like a war movie than a simulator due to the suppression system and the way the weapons work.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mister_V

As much as i love all forms of Battlefield. The continued lack of a Battlefield 2143 is a great sadness.

Titan mode is the best multiplayer mode ever!

Slightly off topic but i was thinking the other day that Titan mode bares a resemblance to DOTA if you think about it. (The carrier is the throne, creeps are the missiles)

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@49th said:

Battlefield Heroes

I completely forgot that game existed. Was fun for the short time I played it, but the lack of good maps was a bummer.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came to say you guys are idiots for not thinking it wasn't Bad Company 2. I'm glad you people agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.