Check out these new Battlelog screens!

#1 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Battlefieldo.com has a new article talking about the new web-application briefly and showing us the first screens   

It looks.. unfinished >_> Too much white, not enough cool flashy buttons for me to click all over.

[full size]

Battlelog Home
[Full size]  

Friends Feed 
[Full size

Com Center (IM)
[Full size

Profile Page
[Full size]
#2 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Pretty cool.

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Looks like Facebook.

#4 Posted by N7 (3586 posts) -

It looks like Facebook.

#5 Edited by EuanDewar (4893 posts) -

Soooooo nice!!!

#6 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Too much white, not enough cool flashy buttons for me to click all over.

You work as an interface designer right? I can tell!

#7 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

They sure are going full on with a community tool for the game. I'm definitely approving. I like that it looks rather clean and focuses on the stats and what your friends are up to.

#8 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I actually think that looks pretty cool.

#9 Posted by ericdrum (404 posts) -

Looks pretty good to me. We need a GB BF3 friends list.

#10 Posted by Ezekeilpurger (321 posts) -

This just looks like its trying to be Stea-Oh I get it now.

#11 Posted by ericdrum (404 posts) -

@Ezekeilpurger: Was anything that you saw in any of those screen shots invented by Steam?

#12 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -

fuck facebook. fuck google+. All i need is BF3 bitches.

#13 Posted by Ezekeilpurger (321 posts) -

@ericdrum: No, but trying to integrate friends lists, achievements, time played, and even sending messages to be viewed on each other's profiles are all things steam does.

#14 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
@CL60 said:
Looks like Facebook.
Yeah, that is some mad facebook lookin battlefield...but hey, maybe its awesome.
#15 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Looks like Facebook.

@N7 said:

It looks like Facebook.

This was my first reaction as well.

#16 Posted by Three0neFive (2291 posts) -

Love the kiddies who think this is in any way a response to Call of Duty Elite. Apparently nobody played Battlefield 2.

#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

@CL60 said:

Looks like Facebook.

@N7 said:

It looks like Facebook.

This was my first reaction as well.

@Ezekeilpurger said:

@ericdrum: No, but trying to integrate friends lists, achievements, time played, and even sending messages to be viewed on each other's profiles are all things steam does.

Actually, it's ODM (Origin) that copied Steam. Battlelog clearly has an Origin-esque system (which makes sense), hence the Steam resemblance. 
So you're all kinda right, Origin is a hybrid of Steam's community interface and Facebook, and Battlelog followed in its footsteps 

@Vodun said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Too much white, not enough cool flashy buttons for me to click all over.

You work as an interface designer right? I can tell!

Haha. I was being sarcastic btw ^^ I like making fun of flashy on-screen XP notifiers and clogged up community applications 

@ericdrum said:

Looks pretty good to me. We need a GB BF3 friends list.

Oh we'll have one, don't worry i got it covered ;]
#18 Posted by sawfish22 (237 posts) -

"Let's make yet another unneeded social network where people have to add everybody again that they've already added on multiple social networks."  SOUNDS GREAT

#19 Posted by Bollard (5438 posts) -

Is this real? Looks like someone just thought it would be funny to mock up some screenshots and rip off Facebook.

#20 Posted by roughneck117 (190 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: If its fake, a shit tonn of sites have been duped. Google Battlelog, youll see what I mean.

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@roughneck117 said:

@Chavtheworld: If its fake, a shit tonn of sites have been duped. Google Battlelog, youll see what I mean.

Nah there's no way they're fake
#22 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

I'd love to see the reaction to this if it said Call of Duty rather than Battlefield at the top. Something tells me it wouldn't be so...positive.

#23 Posted by ericdrum (404 posts) -

@Buck_Sexington: Well let me be the first to say that I think that Call of Duty Elite looks pretty cool too. I'm buying MW3 on PC and 360 and yet... I'm still not sure it will be able to tear me away from BF3. But I like that info that both apps are showing me and I will use both.

#24 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

"Friend's Battle Feed" is a combination of words I thought I would never read in my lifetime.

#25 Posted by Agent47 (1895 posts) -
@CL60: Looks like friggin Bungie.net to me. Well the profile page that is.It looks like a copy paste but I'm fine with that Bungie.net is great.
#26 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

IM SO DOWN FO DIS AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.