Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlestations: Pacific

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released May 12, 2009

Battlestations Pacific is the sequel to Battlestations Midway, set during World War II

Battlestations:Pacific Demo = Disappointing.

kthxhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kthxhai

And to think I had been waiting a long while for this assumed day-one purchase. 

I really loved midway, and while I realize that Its only a demo, I cant help but feel that this is the final build of the game and the same version we'll get on launch day.  For me, the controls are clunky, (Ive played the demo enough to get used to them), and the multiplayer modes seem boring as most objectives are just races to gather resources followed by spamming ships.  I'm not alone it seems, Battlestaions.net forums are up-in-arms over the new changes.

Its a shame too.  I've been pumped for this game, and studying up on my WWII history in anticipation.  With any luck, the final game will feel more like Midway, and less like someting foreign and disappointing.

I guess its no surprise this is the first post in this game forum.  I should have seen the writing on the wall.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pause422

I personally thought even midway was pretty bad, and wasn't even planning on giving this demo a try whatsoever. Yeah though , you're right, after playing a demo fo a game, if anything in it feels clunky and just bad it will be in the full retail game without a doubt...so unfortunately I wouldn't get any hope up to thinking somehow the full product is going to be way more polished and improve in where you feel it's lacking.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

agreed

kthxhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kthxhai

I never considered BS:Midway a "top tier" game, but it was fun.  Ill be passing on Pacific then.

*crosses out Battlestations:Pacific from list*

Next, Ghostbusters.

Rudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Rudy

I disagree.  I loved the Midway demo, and found that I hated the retail game.  It was my biggest regretted purchase ever with my xbox360.  I have been following the development of Pacific hoping that the developers were actually developing the sequel to be what the first game should have been.  I have played the demo around 8 hours over the past 2 days and have been loving the new experience.  I think there are numerous improvements with Pacific over Midway.  Sure, the controls are different and the same new-player learning curve remains incredibly steep.  However, once you take the time to let the new controls and gameplay sink in I think this game is 500% better than Midway.

To anyone wishing to evaluate this demo: When you get to Island Capture (the best demo mode available, in my opinion).  Play the first game just trying to get familiar with the controls and concept of the mode.  Don't play to win and don't get frustrated.  When you play the second time you should have a good idea of what to do and you'll find the game and the game mode to be great fun!
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I played the demo, i dont like it, seems repitative and unsatisfying.. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.