Atsushi Inaba talks about Bayonetta 2

#1 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -

You can tell how proud these guys are. They're the best in the world at what they do and they know it. Game looks fantastic, can't wait to play it.

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (9152 posts) -

@icemael: Wait, what do they do that "they're the best in the world at"?

I'm curious how you might describe it. I have liked Bayonetta and many of their titles, but I am distinctly wondering what you would describe as the things they do the best in the world.

#3 Edited by Humanity (9378 posts) -

Talk about Bayonetta 2 always makes me inherently sad because I will not get to play it for a long time, if ever. I get what people are saying that without Nintendo this game wouldn't exist at all, but in a way that would have been less of a tease.

#4 Posted by TruthTellah (9152 posts) -

@humanity said:

Talk about Bayonetta 2 always makes me inherently sad because I will not get to play it for a long time, if ever. I get what people are saying that without Nintendo this game wouldn't exist at all, but in a way that would have been less of a tease.

Isn't that -so- Bayonetta though? Being such a big tease that you know is out of your reach?

#5 Edited by Icemael (6326 posts) -

@truthtellah: 3D beat 'em ups. The people at Platinum not only made Bayonetta, they're also the guys who made games like Devil May Cry and God Hand at Capcom.

#6 Edited by TruthTellah (9152 posts) -

@icemael said:

@truthtellah: 3D beat 'em ups. The people at Platinum not only made Bayonetta, they're also the guys who made games like Devil May Cry and God Hand at Capcom.

Aw, I was kind of hoping for something more along the lines of "dynamic and exciting climax action with flair oozing out of every pore as your brain meltsdown on unending stimulation and mainlined joy". But sure, "3D beat 'em ups" works well enough.

#7 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

I like how nintendo dont give Hideki Kamiya any air time.

#8 Edited by Icemael (6326 posts) -

@jimmyfenix said:

"So tell us Kamiya-san, what are some of the new features you guys are introducing in Bayonetta 2?"

"Ask your mom."

"...

...and when is the game coming out?"

"Next week... in game stores..."

#9 Edited by TruthTellah (9152 posts) -

@icemael said:

@jimmyfenix said:

"So tell us Kamiya-san, what are some of the new features you guys are introducing in Bayonetta 2?"

"Ask your mom."

"...

...and when is the game coming out?"

"Next week... in game stores..."

heh. I believe this really happened. Ol Kamiya!

#10 Posted by hollitz (1536 posts) -

Bayonetta 2!!!! Looks so great. The first one is still my favorite character action game.

Really want to play it someday but I still have too many hangups about the Wii U. Crossing my fingers that exclusivity breaks in a few years or the hardware problems get ironed out and 4 more Wii U games I want to play get announced.

#11 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Still the sole Wii U game that has me interested in the system. Bayonetta was such a well crafted game, how Witch Time felt like a crucial system during the first playthrough but on the harder difficulty settings you realize it was just a crutch. Pure Platinum.

#12 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (920 posts) -

The double entendres in this video made me feel uncomfortable.

#13 Edited by TobbRobb (4664 posts) -

Man in all interviews, Platinum just sounds really arrogant. But I kind of like them for it, because so far it's been deserved. Being the best and knowing it, but not abusing it. <3 Make games forever Plat, I'll keep buying them.

Also game looks dope, buying a Wii U is still not a good idea, but I'll consider it. T.T

#14 Posted by obcdexter (611 posts) -

Well, it's only a timed exclusive. I can live with that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.