Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 20, 2014

The sequel to the critically-acclaimed action brawler Bayonetta, this time with a two-player online co-op mode and exclusive to the Nintendo Wii U.

Nintendo Staff working on Bayo 2

Chalphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Chalphy

Last night I send Kamiya a tweet asking if Nintendo staff were working on Bayonetta 2, as it's extremely for them to work on games that NCL publishes. A few hours later, Kamiya confirmed it himself, Nintendo staff is indeed working on the game. Looks like this game will be exclusive to Nintendo, similar to Fatal Frame IV.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/249401468434669568

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Chalphy said:

Looks like this game will be exclusive to Nintendo, similar to Fatal Frame IV.

Hopefully, it's not exclusive to Japan like Fatal Frame IV.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

@Video_Game_King said:

@Chalphy said:

Looks like this game will be exclusive to Nintendo, similar to Fatal Frame IV.

Hopefully, it's not exclusive to Japan like Fatal Frame IV.

It won't be.

Also, to my understanding, Fatal Frame IV apparently had technical issues. NOA wanted those issues addressed before they would agree to release it, Tecmo said no, NOA said "then we're not releasing it here."

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Let's hope they put in strange Nintendo references like the first game had weird Capcom and Sega references.

Chalphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chalphy

I don't think anyone has to worry about Bayo 2 getting an international release.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel said:

Also, to my understanding, Fatal Frame IV apparently had technical issues. NOA wanted those issues addressed before they would agree to release it, Tecmo said no, NOA said "then we're not releasing it here."

I pretty much knew all that about FF4 already, although now I'm curious if the fan translation fixes any of these glitches. I've seen this type of thing done before, but I can't name any specific examples.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Nintendo producers. They're not actually going to be developing it and I doubt they'll have any kind of ownership of the game when it's all said and done.

There's still nothing stopping a slightly tweaked "Bayonetta 2: Sigma" being released on the 360 and PS3 next year. Of course there's no guarantee of that ever happening either.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hailinel

@WinterSnowblind said:

Nintendo producers. They're not actually going to be developing it and I doubt they'll have any kind of ownership of the game when it's all said and done.

There's still nothing stopping a slightly tweaked "Bayonetta 2: Sigma" being released on the 360 and PS3 next year. Of course there's no guarantee of that ever happening either.

Before that can happen, Platinum would need to find a publisher for an alternate platform version. The original Bayonetta was on the PS3 and 360 because Sega wanted it on both (and paid for a shoddy PS3 port job of Platinum's 360 development.)

Chalphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chalphy

All I can say, is that if Nintendo producers are working on the game, you can be very sure that Super Mario Club will also be working to debug it. Nintendo is very hands on with games that NCL finances, and they will not allow any possibility of the game being ported over.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By EXTomar

I initially read the title as "Nintendo staff working on Mayo 2". I guess games are a little rough and they need to diversify.

Yeah, it seems like Sega shelved the game and Nintendo came along and decided to go "We will pay for it".

Avatar image for terrorisreality
    TerrorIsReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#11  Edited By TerrorIsReality

@WinterSnowblind said:

You honestly think Nintendo would put money into something without making sure they have a say in what happens to the final product?

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Nintendo are most likely aiding PlatinumGames in overcoming the technical hurdles in programming for the Wii U's, quirky CPU - GPGPU combination, which looks like it needs to be maximised upon given the slightly slow clock on the conventional CPU. The hard work should be beneficial in the long run. The game will look amazing, built from the ground-up with Nintendo's insight into the hardware, and how it can be harnessed.

On the creative side I expect the GamePad will be used in all manner of torture scenarios and executions, Nintendo will be good at providing that kind of help. I reckon you'll e able to deflect incoming projectiles in first person, initiate or charge or store combos, ride vehicles in FP, mini games etc etc.

Kamiya-san appears to agree with me

No Caption Provided

@WinterSnowblind:

Nintendo do this often, they aid their developers like this as standard procedure, but only when it's required - seen as required by both parties. Most developer know the value this brings to the product at the end, and future products down the line. Xenoblade was the last game I recall being made this way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Bayo 2 like the new Resi 6 weird abbreviation?

Wesker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wesker411

Finally have a reason to buy a Wii-U. As long as they don't f this game up.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hailinel

@Wong_Fei_Hung: Xenoblade was produced by a Nintendo-owned studio, though, so it's natural that it would happen.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@Hailinel said:

@Wong_Fei_Hung: Xenoblade was produced by a Nintendo-owned studio, though, so it's natural that it would happen.

True, they like to keep a close eye on things and help out when they can.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I read that as Bayou and was hoping Nintendo was coming to their senses and finally making The Adventures of Bayou Billy 2. The sequel we don't want but desperately need.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@bartok: in a similar light, the first thing I thought was they were working on Scott Bayo 2, now with more mayo. The new version.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

I read that as Bayou and was hoping Nintendo was coming to their senses and finally making The Adventures of Bayou Billy 2. The sequel we don't want but desperately need.

That ball is in Konami's park, not Nintendo's. Konami have a load of great game franchises they need to resurrect, Bayou Billy isn't one of them though. I personally want some fricking Contra!. And some Salamander, Gradius and Parodius too.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Brodehouse said:

Resi? I thought people always just said RE 4...5...6...whatever.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Brodehouse said:

Resi? I thought people always just said RE 4...5...6...whatever.

It's a European thing, they tend to call it Resi.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.