The Big wonderful thread of speculation and hopes and dreams.

• 113 results
#101 Posted by Demoskinos (15111 posts) -

@Hailinel: I'm wondering if they could possibly do some Elite Beat Agent like mini-games when your finishing off bosses instead of just mashing "X" button twenty times real fast. That could be cool.

#102 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Demoskinos said:

@Hailinel: I'm wondering if they could possibly do some Elite Beat Agent like mini-games when your finishing off bosses instead of just mashing "X" button twenty times real fast. That could be cool.

I thought about moves that depended on a simple drawing. Maybe assign a new weapon to the controller and with the drawing you do a combo.
#103 Posted by awesomeusername (4231 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I'm excited. How bout you? Yes? Of course you are.

I never played the first one so you're wrong!

#104 Posted by Icemael (6356 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

So, in a potentially vain attempt to get this thread back on topic...

Can anyone think of particularly cool uses that Bayonetta 2 could potentially find for the touch screen on the gamepad? It doesn't really seem like a game that would need to make use of it outside of potentially a map display or menus, but if any developer could find a way to unleash the crazy in that thing, Platinum could probably do it.

I guess you could have more weapon sets? In the first game you could only switch between two sets in real-time, but you could have a whole bunch of sets spread out on the touch screen, allowing you to use all the different weapons in the game without ever pausing and going into a weapon menu. Maybe you could also put accessory switching on there. If it worked well it could allow for some really wild combos.
#105 Posted by cikame (1057 posts) -

I didn't say the original was a huge success, but its great gameplay, style and the availability of it on both ps and xbox, at least made sure that bayonetta was going to return some day instead of never.

As opposed to Mad World, which was a Wii exclusive.

#106 Posted by cosi83 (406 posts) -

Pat on the back Nintendo, you boys are ok, no really

#107 Posted by AjayRaz (12465 posts) -

@SlightConfuse said:

there is a slim hope. ninja gaiden 2 and RE 4 were console exclusives that came out elsewhere

except Ninja Gaiden II wasn't published by Microsoft, and RE4 wasn't published by Nintendo. Nintendo's publishing Bayonetta 2 this time around.

#108 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

It's gonna be a Wii U exclusive. I hope it flops to hell! It's not so much that I mind Wii U, I understand that upon launch of a console exclusives are common practice. And while it may be a completely legal way to sell a product, it pisses me off, gets me in that defiant mood. So when it comes to exclusives you're just convincing me not to buy your new thing. Wouldn't have bought it regardless of Bayonetta 2...so uh, guess it doesn't really matter.

#109 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

I liked the first one but the music was so shit that I couldn't stand to play through it more than once so I hope it's the same good game but with a better ost.

#110 Edited by Blind_Evil (306 posts) -

The Bayonetta 2 situation grosses me out for a couple reasons.

1. I thought PC gamers were the biggest whiners. Turns out, I was wrong.

2. Nintendo can't win with TEH HARDCORE. Publish core games, get this bullshit. Don't publish any, get a different brand of bullshit.

I buy whatever system the games dictate. I was going to buy a Wii U anyway, because I like Nintendo games, so the revival of Bayonetta is icing on the cake. I'm going to buy either a PS4 or next Xbox (or both, if they're different enough) as well, because there'll be games there I can't get on Wii U. I'm not super rich. I just don't cut off my nose to spite my face.

#111 Posted by Blind_Evil (306 posts) -

@AjayRaz: Actually, according to wikipedia NG2 was indeed published by MSG.

#112 Edited by cannonballBAM (608 posts) -

Grow up and just buy the system already.

Why are you in this hobby if you aren't willing to move with the times. I am sure your $600 iphone and $300 beats by dre wont mind if you spend $350 on a console that you will end up using for quite a while.

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

It's gonna be a Wii U exclusive. I hope it flops to hell! It's not so much that I mind Wii U, I understand that upon launch of a console exclusives are common practice. And while it may be a completely legal way to sell a product, it pisses me off, gets me in that defiant mood. So when it comes to exclusives you're just convincing me not to buy your new thing. Wouldn't have bought it regardless of Bayonetta 2...so uh, guess it doesn't really matter.

This is a cry for help.

@Demoskinos: once again, good sir, we have similar tastes.

#113 Edited by Mexican_Brownie (201 posts) -

My biggest hopes for this game?

• Smart use of the gamepad. Small things like real time inventory and a combo list would be awesome and enough for me. They don't have to do anything too crazy imo. The button mashing ,while a bit satisfying, did grow old quickly so maybe they can use it for those finishing moves like others have said.
  • Off-TV play.
  • Miiverse integration. I would love to compete for highscore and combos with my friends and be able to help each other with comments/tips about enemies/bosses and secrets in each level.
  • A bigger budget. Hopefully Nintendo publishing and funding(?) means that Platinum will be able to polish the graphical side of the game a bit more as well as making a bigger, even more over the top experience.
  • Same style of music but a whole lot more of it. I loved the music in the first Bayonetta but there wasn't a lot of variety.
  • More weapons and combos.
  • The same insane amount of content in the game. Bayonetta has so many unlockables and challenges without a single piece of DLC.
  • Online versus mode? I haven't played Anarchy Reigns but it looks very interesting and people have been saying good things about it so maybe it's a sign that Platinum has been experimenting with competitive multiplayer in action games?
  • Some Nintendo references. The original had tons of Sega references so it would only make sense that the Nintendo published sequel has Nintendo ones. What if instead of "halos", we get some Mario-ass coins? Or rupees? Or at the very least they use only the sounds of those. Zelda treasure chime when getting new weapons? Yes, please. Or maybe some Nintendo inspired costumes or weapons!! XD
  • A demo included with The Wonderful 101. It would make a few more people buy TW101 and raise awareness for Bayo!

Of course my biggest hope is that the game releases next year. Hopefully, having started working on 2 on the 360 and PS3 means that its development is well on its way and that we won't have to wait long for it :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.