Bayonetta 2?

#1 Edited by Yamoto (111 posts) -

Twitter user "into_the_soup" Said today: "Yo, what's up with Bayonetta 2??"   

Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya Replied: "This week... in a game magazine..."

He might just be trolling but who knows i really hope its true  

#2 Posted by Sanj (2230 posts) -

Oh man, hope he's not trolling.

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

I'll believe it until Alex Navarro tells me about it.

#4 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (2947 posts) -

I hope he's telling the truth.  If a second Bayonetta was even half as good as the first, it'd still be the best game this year.

#5 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

yes please, the first was awesome

#6 Posted by JTB123 (1045 posts) -

I hope it's true, Bayonetta was great, I hope they move further away from the DMC roots though if they do a sequel. 

#7 Posted by cribbel1 (60 posts) -

:D thats some nice news!.. I would like to see some co-op multiplayer girl on girl shissniss up in this sequal

#8 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4037 posts) -

I hope it's a lie.

Because my heart couldn't handle it.

#9 Posted by NathHaw (2748 posts) -

My favorite console game of '10. I hope it's true.

#10 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

Knowing Kamiya, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a weird joke. I hope not, and I hope there is co-op or something. 2 people doing combos off f enemies together would be awesome.

#11 Posted by IrelandMichael (4 posts) -

So this was apparently "trolling" on Kamiya's part, according to Sega.

But there have been so many hints dropped over the last couple of months, so many mentions of how successful the game has been, I'd be very surprised if Platinum Games aren't already hard at work on the sequel. I don't have it on hand, but I remember an interview with someone at Sega saying that they were very happy with the performance of the games on a sales level, and that it gives the franchise a lot of leverage for the future.

We'll probably end up hearing something about it next year, I'll wager.

#12 Posted by SuperChell (2 posts) -

yes, please more Bayonetta! That game blew my mind. Thanks to portal 2, I am more...accepting of sequels.

#13 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (737 posts) -

Make it happen! Bayonetta was so crazy and fantastic.

#14 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

That game was so SEXIST...Love it

#15 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -

I always wanted to try it put I can't find a copy at stores near me and I heard the PS3 version sucked.

#16 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

@msavo said:

I always wanted to try it put I can't find a copy at stores near me and I heard the PS3 version sucked.

You know , the PS3 version is actually fine.

Just suffers from some problems that you can look past if you choose.

#17 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

@clumsyninja1 said:

That game was so SEXIST...Love it

Actually, it wasn't at all. Quite the opposite.

But I'm so sick and tired of arguing about this topic. . .

#18 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@msavo said:

The PS3 version is probably the worst port you'll ever play on a PS3, but it didn't prevent me from enjoying the game. That's how good that game was.

#19 Posted by phish09 (1109 posts) -

That would be amazing. Bayonetta was my favorite straight up "action" game this gen. It was just so over the top and wonderful. I really don't know how you could make a sequel to that game though, considering that at the end of the first one you:

I really don't know how this story could carry on after that.

#20 Posted by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

I would be down for a sequel as long as they don't put in vehicle sequences that are waaayyy too long like the first. God the motorcycle part seemed like it lasted forever.

#21 Posted by GunstarRed (4728 posts) -

@phish09: Kill two of them.

#22 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4037 posts) -

@maskedarcstrike said:

I would be down for a sequel as long as they don't put in vehicle sequences that are waaayyy too long like the first. God the motorcycle part seemed like it lasted forever.

If the motorcycle felt like forever then the missile sequence felt twice as long...

#23 Posted by Yaozers (1 posts) -

I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

#24 Posted by NegativeCero (2925 posts) -

Damn it need to finish the first one.

#25 Posted by FLStyle (4395 posts) -

Platinum may or may not be busy with Metal Gear Solid: Rising, we'll see what Kojima has to say at the VGAs.

#26 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i wish, bayonetta was a fun game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.