Bayonetta developer commentary.

• 65 results
#1 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Over a year after the game's release, PlatinumGames are subtitling their previously Japanese-only Bayonetta developer commentary videos.

Part one:

Part two:

It's good stuff. A shame it wasn't translated, you know, a year and a half ago. Anyway, they'll put up more every week, so look forward to that.
#2 Posted by FLStyle (4768 posts) -

Thanks for the notice, would be grateful if you continued to embed new videos as they're released.

#3 Posted by xyzygy (10032 posts) -

Watched a bit of the first one already, but I found myself watching the action instead of reading the text... even though I S-Ranked Bayonetta. I still can't keep my eyes off the game after going through all that!

#4 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part three:

#5 Posted by Damodar (1428 posts) -

I love this game, I just wish the PS3 version wasn't so awful in comparison :(

#6 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

I adored this game and ended up spending way more time with it then I ever thought I would, and still want to play more.

Great to see they're finally subtitling this.
#7 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part four:

#8 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

I'm enjoying these, I hope he does this again.

#9 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part five:

#10 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

God damn, this fantastic.

#11 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -

This is relevant to my interest, thanks OP :) I love the game and tried translating the Japanese only one for my own use but I didnt have a good enough understanding at the time.

This will also pass the time as that shitty Made in Chelsea rubbish is on.

#12 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part six:  

#13 Posted by TobbRobb (4752 posts) -
Thanks a lot dude! These are awesome. Anyone know if he played through the whole game? And is there a schedule for when new translations arrive?
#14 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Thank you! Really interested in hearing from the creator of this genre-defining game.

#15 Posted by Castiel (2665 posts) -

Yes I'm born in 1881. Is that a problem?

#16 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
"I haven't played in a long time and I'm talking while I'm playing, please don't expect too much from me"

*proceeds to kick enemy ass in nanoseconds*

@Castiel
said:
" Yes I'm born in 1881. Is that a problem? "
Haha, I was literally going to post the same thing before decidng "nahhhhhh"

Did the same thing. BTW, the audio encoding of this commentary is very unfortunate.
#17 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

I've watched through all these, really worth the time for anyone with even a passing interest in Bayonetta.

He says he is rusty at the game early on, doesn't stop him getting Platinum awards!

I also love the fact that its recorded in such a ramshackle way, it lends it a certain charm. 
#18 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma said:
"

I also love the fact that its recorded in such a ramshackle way, it lends it a certain charm. 
"
Hmmm....when he makes a vague whisper-like noise and it ruptures my eardrum it loses its charm to me:|

It is pretty ghetto.
#19 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @WatanabeKazuma said:
"

"
Hmmm....when he makes a vague whisper-like noise and it ruptures my eardrum it loses its charm to me:|It is pretty ghetto. "
Thats nothing compared to the ludicrous noise spike I experience every week that I hear the Bombcast theme tune.

I'd be interested to see how he gets on as the game progresses a little further. I don't say this out of some bitter curiosity that he is probably still better than me at this game now, even though I'm still playing through on Climax mode, not a chance.
#20 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Damn, these are great.

#21 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part seven:  

#22 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part eight:

#23 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

^

“I’m sure those of you who’ve unlocked the special features know about Cutie J, while going through the sequence with Jeanne and Bayonetta, early in the game. She’s Jeanne as a heroine, who would star in a spin-off game I like to fantasize about.”
#24 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

@Icemael

I still find it interesting that you hate everything, and this is the game you choose to praise.

Props to it, I just find it odd.

#25 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -
@xaLieNxGrEyx: I don't "hate everything". People just get that impression because I often don't like/don't care about the biggest, most popular games. Do you think I would actively post on a video game forum if I didn't enjoy games on a regular basis?

@Contro said:
“I’m sure those of you who’ve unlocked the special features know about Cutie J, while going through the sequence with Jeanne and Bayonetta, early in the game. She’s Jeanne as a heroine, who would star in a spin-off game I like to fantasize about.”
I hope he makes that game someday. And then Platinum could make a deal with Capcom for a Kamiya-tastic superhero crossover game: "Cutie J vs. Viewtiful Joe".

Part nine:

I wonder if these developer commentary videos are going to cover the entire game.
#26 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part ten:   

Part eleven:  
#27 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

...I severely hope they make another Bayonetta. That game was fuckin' great.

#28 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part twelve:  

#29 Edited by NathHaw (2794 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:

...I severely hope they make another Bayonetta. That game was fuckin' great.

My favorite of last year....  Well, console fav.
#30 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part thirteen:

#31 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -
Part fourteen:

Part fifteen:

Part sixteen:

#32 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3827 posts) -

Thank you for continuing to post these.  It's really cool that the developer made these, and I appreciate the reminders for each new episode.

#33 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part seventeen:

#34 Posted by CotV (1 posts) -

Thanks so much for posting these! I'm loving them. One of my favorite games from last year.

#35 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part eighteen:  

#36 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -
Part nineteen:

Part twenty:

Part twenty-one:  

Part twenty-two:   

Part twenty-three:  

Part twenty-four:  

Part twenty-five:  
#37 Posted by Savage (338 posts) -

@Icemael: It's been a while since anyone thanked you for keeping up with these videos, so thanks!

It's always interesting to hear a developer give behind-the-scenes commentary on their game, especially when the game is as crazy and vision-driven as Bayonetta is.

#38 Posted by hungrynun (444 posts) -

Thank you for this.

#39 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part twenty-six:  

#40 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -
Part twenty-seven:

Part twenty-eight:

Part twenty-nine:

Part thirty:

Part thirty-one:  

Part thirty-two:  
#41 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Thanks, I'll watch these later.

#42 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part thirty-three:  

#43 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -
Part thirty-four:  

Part thirty-five:
#44 Posted by kadosho_16bit (11 posts) -

Holy cow that's alot of catching up I have to do. I watched the first half sometime ago. Almost wrapped with Normal mode.

What I enjoy most about this game, unlocking items as you go. No DLC hassle, just pure gaming as it should be.

Wish more games followed this clever design, instead of the way things are right now.

#45 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part thirty-six:  

#46 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -
Part thirty-seven:

Part thirty-eight:
#47 Edited by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

Thanks for uploading these. They've given me a serious jones to go back and replay this game. There were so many small little touches that I never noticed. The moving stages really look crazy when you're not locked into the gameplay and are standing back and watching someone else do it.

#48 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I wish they got someone to dub these vids.

#49 Edited by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Part thirty-nine:  

#50 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -

Party forty:

Party forty-one:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.