Bayonetta Fights, "Evil"

#1 Posted by Jayzilla (2558 posts) -

On the 360 demo notes it says you, "Fight evil forces". Sounded enough like any other game til I played it and you are fighting angels from heaven lol. Why are angels from heaven, evil? They are usually not considered evil in western culture. Is heaven considered evil in Japan? Are angels evil? My point is this: Why not just say the character is evil and is fighting against the angels of heaven? 

Besides all of that, the combat was fun, but the camera was super annoying. The music was not to my liking, but the game has a great look to it. It's too bad the story feels convoluted in the crazy sexually repressed Japanese manner. I liked the guns on her feet, but I don't really feel a need for "climaxes" to happen during fights, and I am pretty tired of gratuitous nudity in games. It was cool when I was 13, in a naughty sort of I-hope-my-parents-don't-see-me-playing-this kinda way. I am over it now. 

Just wanted to know if the angels being evil thing was a Japanese thing, or if they were just trying to be in your face edgy. If the latter is the case then, no thank you. I'll pass.

#2 Posted by Gabriel (4058 posts) -

It's weird but i think they see her more as War from the upcoming game Darksiders, just keeping the balance. Also the angels look so different I really don't feel too bad killing them.

#3 Posted by Icemael (6313 posts) -

Angels being evil is not a Japanese thing. Bayonetta is simply using the good old "angels that are actually evil even though they're supposed to be good because they're angels" story. There's nothing edgy about it -- it's been done plenty of times before.

#4 Posted by Teran (877 posts) -

Biblically demons are fallen angels.  There's no rule that they have to have red skin and beast like features.

#5 Posted by august (3833 posts) -

It's called fiction.

#6 Posted by TsuHai (109 posts) -
 Jayzilla said:
I liked the guns on her feet, but I don't really feel a need for "climaxes" to happen during fights, and I am pretty tired of gratuitous nudity in games.  
I really like the subtle nudity/sexyness in this game. i say "subtle" knowing, that shes getting completely naked, only covered by hair , but i think it is used so smart and timed right.
In games like gta4 and especially dead or alive it was used much more blunt and profane. i really like it in bayonetta because it just fits perfectly to the rest of the game and just makes me smile...
#7 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -
@Teran said:
"Biblically demons are fallen angels.  There's no rule that they have to have red skin and beast like features. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.