Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta - First Climax Trailer

• 52 results
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

Another case of not including any hint as to what platform this is on in either the post or the trailer.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

It looks extravagantly awesome....it's totally wild!  :D

I love the gentle nod to Okami.

This trailer implies that the game has many of the character design qualities of GOD HAND :D

EDIT: : /

360 and PS3, that was announced when the game was. Besides, look in the gamepage, that's what the fricking link above is for!.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By kilzombie

O.o
    Oooooh that's a really good trailer. Looks really cool!

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Manachild

that trailer was damn awesome, thanks.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By REDRUN

Just as over the top like God of War and Devil May Cry.... how soon shall we expect this? :)

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Endogene

O wow my interest in this game went form 0 to 100 after watching this, I absolutely love its craziness.

Ha looks like i can finally ad something new to my most despised concept page.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

That was incredible, everything except the main character's design. I don't know why but she looks... Odd, in a bad way. The boss fight where she keeps switching from animal to human was sweet though. PC version SEGA.

Koof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Koof

bayonetta more like bulletta

HAHA FORCED IRONY

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks
    REDRUN said:
    "Just as over the top like God of War and Devil May Cry.... how soon shall we expect this? :)"

Hideki Kamiya recently said that the game was only 50% done. He also said that the time spent so far on the project, has been to implement core gameplay mechanics that work well and are fun. If that's all out of the way, the rest of the project should become more swifter, and could well meet it's 2009 deadline. I do have a niggling feeling it's more likely to hit sometime in Q1 2010 though.

I should add that it's likely to hit in the West before Japan, as PlatimumGames are focused on our market first and foremost.

We will see ample amounts of this game during shows this year, so it's not all bad if it gets pushed back a touch.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422
    REDRUN said:
    "Just as over the top like God of War and Devil May Cry.... how soon shall we expect this? :)"
    That's to be expected seeing as the director of this was also the creator( I believe?) of DMC. I also really sorta wanna like this game, but just looking at the combat for a split second looks like you're playing DMC just with some female character in the place of Dante...looks so exactly identical, I have a hard time believing they will be very different at all.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

pause422 said:
    "REDRUN said:
    That's to be expected seeing as the director of this was also the creator( I believe?) of DMC. I also really sorta wanna like this game, but just looking at the combat for a split second looks like you're playing DMC just with some female character in the place of Dante...looks so exactly identical, I have a hard time believing they will be very different at all.

"

Kamiya worked on the original DMC as one of the main designers.

You could not be more wrong dude, there's a ton of stuff that's totally new here!. Kamiya is mindful of the fact that nobody wants this to be, "DMC with a female lead". The nature of Bayonetta's character design, and the theme and story the game has, brings in a load of new interesting gameplay mechanics that are conducive to deeper fresher combat. Much of it has never been seen before in a game of this type.

If you want more info check out the game page or look around here.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

Ah so it wasn't just me that noticed those weird lines in my post(no idea why..) Anyway I'm just saying from this brief trailer that is shown, I notice lock on shooting with guns, and health bars in the same exact place as DMC and since its using the same engine(or appears to be near identical at least) it really does look like DMC with a female lead. As I said, I really do wan to like it, and I hope you're right in that it does do a lot to separate itself from DMC. Just from a brief look at it such as this, they look extremely similar..that's all i was pointing out.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

I wondered if you had removed some quotes or something :/

Trust me, there's a load of innovative things going on, it's just a question if they work or not.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By REDRUN
    Linkyshinks said:
    "REDRUN said:
    Hideki Kamiya recently said that the game was only 50% done. He also said that the time spent so far on the project, has been to implement core gameplay mechanics that work well and are fun. If that's all out of the way, the rest of the project should become more swifter, and the could well meet it's 2009 deadline. I do have a niggling feeling it's more likely to hit sometime in Q1 2010 though. I should add that it's likely to hit in the West before Japan, as PlatimumGames are focused on our market first and foremost.We will see ample amounts of this game during shows this year, so it's not all bad if it gets pushed back a touch."
    Linkyshinks said:
    "

pause422 said:
    "REDRUN said:

"

Kamiya worked on the original DMC as one of the main designers.

You could not be more wrong dude, there's a ton of stuff that's totally new here!. Kamiya is mindful of the fact that nobody wants this to be, "DMC with a female lead". The nature of Bayonetta's character design, and the theme and story the game has, brings in a load of new interesting gameplay mechanics that are conducive to deeper fresher combat. Much of it has never been seen before in a game of this type.

If you want more info check out the game page or look around here.
    Thanks guys, I really am in no hurry to get this game. I just want them to do their best and not have to be forced to make some decision because of the deadline. The insane combos and the giant stiletto boot kick from nowhere was the highlight. I like the playful attitude Bayonetta have, especially with the gunplay, excellent character design.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By toowalrus
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Bayonetta - First Climax Trailer"
    I'LL give Bayonetta a climax!
    Bow chicka bow wow!
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By brukaoru

Cool, a little more info on the story at least. And wow, she can transform, that's awesome!

I have been predicting this game will release in the fall of this year (August-September), but even if it was pushed back I wouldn't mind so much.

Linkyshinks
    said:

"You could not be more wrong dude, there's a ton of stuff that's totally new here!. Kamiya is mindful of the fact that nobody wants this to be, "DMC with a female lead". The nature of Bayonetta's character design, and the theme and story the game has, brings in a load of new interesting gameplay mechanics that are conducive to deeper fresher combat. Much of it has never been seen before in a game of this type.

If you want more info check out the game page or look around here."
    I couldn't have said it better myself. But you know what, if it really did up being just like Devil May Cry with a female lead, I don't think that's really such a bad thing. I mean, this isn't another creator trying to capture what made the first Devil May Cry work so well, this is the same creator, he knows what he's doing and he knows how to adapt the formula to make it better. That being said, I do not believe it will be just "DMC with a female," but we're really just going to have to wait until it releases for people to change their opinion on it. 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks
    brukaoru said:
    "Cool, a little more info on the story at least. And wow, she can transform, that's awesome!

I have been predicting this game will release in the fall of this year (August-September), but even if it was pushed back I wouldn't mind so much.

Linkyshinks
    said:
    "You could not be more wrong dude, there's a ton of stuff that's totally new here!. Kamiya is mindful of the fact that nobody wants this to be, "DMC with a female lead". The nature of Bayonetta's character design, and the theme and story the game has, brings in a load of new interesting gameplay mechanics that are conducive to deeper fresher combat. Much of it has never been seen before in a game of this type.

If you want more info check out the game page or look around here."
    I couldn't have said it better myself. But you know what, if it really did up being just like Devil May Cry with a female lead, I don't think that's really such a bad thing. I mean, this isn't another creator trying to capture what made the first Devil May Cry work so well, this is the same creator, he knows what he's doing and he knows how to adapt the formula to make it better. That being said, I do not believe it will be just "DMC with a female," but we're really just going to have to wait until it releases for people to change their opinion on it.  "

True, the game does come in the DMC mould, and that's certainly no bad thing at all. However, the suggestion that this is practically the same game, would be the wrong opinion to have of it. You and I know that what this game could potentially offer is far superior in every aspect of it design. It's totally wild, not just in it's visuals, but also in it's gameplay design. It's a very exciting prospect for all his fans.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Steve_C

This game looks ridiculous, and it's all the better for it. Should be a blast to play.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Steve_C said:
    "This game looks ridiculous, and it's all the better for it. Should be a blast to play."
    Just like that other game.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Steve_C
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Steve_C said:
    "This game looks ridiculous, and it's all the better for it. Should be a blast to play."
    Just like that other game.
    "
    Yeah, i still need to get around to buying Madworld. I was quite hyped for it too.
    I think i'm gonna pick up Valkyria Chronicles first, and then Madworld, but i'm still entrenched in persona 3: FES. I haven't had too much free time lately.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Linkyshinks

The black guys voice sounds like Greg Eagles aka Peter Stillman from MGS series and Garcian Smith from Killer 7

Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Gump

Bayonetta is so hot... agile... strong... determined... seductive.. gothic... and graceful...
    I am falling in loving with her ♥ ...

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cloneslayer

I hope this game is like DMC, but on crack and with naked hair witches who kill angels and use their halos as currency

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gump
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Gump said:
    "Bayonetta is so hot... agile... strong... determined... seductive.. gothic... and graceful... I am falling in loving with her ♥ ..."
    Kamiya says she is his ideal woman, I think Mr Kamiya might have a like for a little light spanking ;)"
    Mr. Kamiya has a great taste in women, indeed.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Gump said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "Gump said:
    "Bayonetta is so hot... agile... strong... determined... seductive.. gothic... and graceful... I am falling in loving with her ♥ ..."
    Kamiya says she is his ideal woman, I think Mr Kamiya might have a like for a little light spanking ;)"
    Mr. Kamiya has a great taste in women, indeed."

Quite a few people reckon she looks like Senator Palin, lol

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's not as good as what it's trying to rip off, namely Devil May Cry. Not as stylish I mean. Even the main girl isn't that hot.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    LiquidPrince said:
    "It's not as good as what it's trying to rip off, namely Devil May Cry. Not as stylish I mean. Even the main girl isn't that hot."
    WHOA.

What are you saying?
    Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gump
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Quite a few people reckon she looks like Senator Palin, lol"
    *Gump cries*
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "It's not as good as what it's trying to rip off, namely Devil May Cry. Not as stylish I mean. Even the main girl isn't that hot."
    WHOA.

What are you saying?
    "
    What do you mean...? Nothing I said was cryptic.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Okay, I will give it to you that Bayonetta is not as hot of a chick as Dante, but she's still pretty sexy.

Other than that, though, I can't help but feel that this doen't just have the Devil May Cry vibe, but has the Devil May Cry everything, only now, the guns are in your shoes, making way for some awkward camera shots on the crotch.
    Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gump
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "but she's still pretty sexy."
    Agreed. Seriously, all of you haven't noticed how sexy she looks in the Debut Trailer?

I'll post some screenshots later...

EDIT: Okay, here they are!

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hungrynun

Devil May Cry with boobs man.

I'm totally for it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Linkyshinks
    LiquidPrince said:

Devil May Cry designer, Hideki Kamiya, ripping off  his own previous work : /

Am I right in thinking that you believe she should have been Japanese?, despite the game being based on European Norse mythology.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By penguindust
    Another nerd girl with a taste for violence
    Another nerd girl with a taste for violence
    It's DMC with a "nerd girl" has the heroine. Cute, but I'll wait to see if its game play & story are worth my time.  Just the character design isn't enough to sell me on the game. 
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#37  Edited By Icemael
    LiquidPrince said:
    It's being made by the creator of DMC, so you can't call it a rip-off. That's like calling Rock Band a Guitar Hero rip-off. I have to agree with your last point though - Bayonetta is very unattractive IMO. Her proportions are waaay off, and not in a hot way. Her legs are almost twice as long as her torso, and her head is way too small for her body. To top it off, her face kinda resembles Sarah Palin.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Linkyshinks

Icemael said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    It's being made by the creator of DMC, so you can't call it a rip-off. That's like calling Rock Band a Guitar Hero rip-off. I have to agree with your last point though - Bayonetta is very unattractive IMO. Her proportions are waaay off, and not in a hot way. Her legs are almost twice as long as her torso, and her head is way too small for her body. To top it off, her face kinda resembles Sarah Palin.
    "

I don't think a female lead needs to be overtly attractive myself.

Personally, I think see looks cool, perhaps not sexy  to suit all tastes, but there is something appealing about her to me. She's a strong woman, and strong woman are cool in my book..
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By get2sammyb

This game is fucking nuts. She suplexes a massive dragon.

Oh em gee.

Can't wait for this. It's going to rock. How can it not?

EDIT: On the "sexy" line of comments -- I don't find her sexy at all, but I don't think they're trying to create Lara Croft. Everything is super-exaggerated and over the top, hence her ridiculously long legs. It's almost parody in a way. It's like they are saying "here are the conventions of what people think are 'sexy'... let's go overboard with them". From what I can tell, the game is meant to be nuts -- and the super-suggestive, almost overly-sexy, character suits that mood perfectly.

She's a brilliant protagonist. You just know the voice acting is going to be hilariously stupid too.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Linkyshinks
    get2sammyb said:
    "This game is fucking nuts. She suplexes a massive dragon.Oh em gee.Can't wait for this. It's going to rock. How can it not?EDIT: On the "sexy" line of comments -- I don't find her sexy at all, but I don't think they're trying to create Lara Croft. Everything is super-exaggerated and over the top, hence her ridiculously long legs. It's almost parody in a way. It's like they are saying "here are the conventions of what people think are 'sexy'... let's go overboard with them". From what I can tell, the game is meant to be nuts -- and the super-suggestive, almost overly-sexy, character suits that mood perfectly.She's a brilliant protagonist. You just know the voice acting is going to be hilariously stupid too."

I think Ripley in Aliens is a prime example of what I'm talking about, she may not be sexy to me, but I think she's awesome none the less.

If the dialogue is anything like that of GODHAND, which it looks to be, there will be a load of laffs to be had from it  :)

It is crazy looking :D

Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gump

She is SOOO sexy.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Demyx

Looking awesome.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Gump said:
    "She is SOOO sexy."

The more I see that trailer, the more I am leaning that way also. 

I love the fact that lollipop of hers in the trailer is right down to the stick, i think thats what turned me around

shes got that stern english schoolteacher look about her, which i am starting to like,  shes very gothy which i adore. love that porcelain skin and jet black hair look

Screenshot from Bayonetta TGS 2008 Trailer.
    Screenshot from Bayonetta TGS 2008 Trailer.

EDIT:

I have a lesbian in my house right now and she thinks she's hot. Maybe they are going for the gay crowd also?

Matt_chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Matt_chew

The title is misleading. Shenanigans! Shenanigans!!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Linkyshinks

A few new screens have popped up after a SEGA event in Japan yesterday.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Al3xand3r

That's some fucked up shit (in a good way). Are the Otogi dudes involved?

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

This game looks pretty good.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Linkyshinks

@Al3xander

I don't think so.. that has not been revealed yet anyway.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ineedaname

http://www.giantbomb.com/bayonetta-e3-2009-trailer/17-697/

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mordukai
    @LiquidPrince said:

" It's not as good as what it's trying to rip off, namely Devil May Cry. Not as stylish I mean. Even the main girl isn't that hot."

Hideki Kamiya is the game dirctor for this game. He was the game director of the first Devil May Cry. He also served as the game director for Viewtiful Joe and Okami. The game is in good hands.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.