Bayonetta gets 9/10 from Eurogamer.

#1 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -
Link. 

First Famitsu with 40/40, then EDGE with 10/10, and now Eurogamer(known for being harsh) with 9/10. If you're still doubting, it's probably time to stop. 

I gotta say though, this doesn't really increase my excitement. I'm already too excited to care about scores -- I know I'm going to love the hell out of the game.
#2 Posted by SolemnOaf (535 posts) -

Wow, the game must really have one hell of an 'advertising budget', if ya know whut I mean.
#3 Edited by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

Why the heck is it so hard for people to understand that this game might actually be good? O wait I forgot the only good hack and slash is God of War 3 MY BAD...

EDIT: rereading the OP's post it may seem like im yelling at him..im not.

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21780 posts) -

It's good to hear that the game is getting good reviews.  I might actually have to check it out, even though DMC isn't really my cup of tea.

#5 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3906 posts) -

I was lucky enough to play the early demo.  Best combat I've seen in a game since Ninja Gaiden II, but without that game's cheap shots and awful camera.  The demo is really damn fun, but way too short.  You'll all be able to see for yourselves soon, as I think it will be available for everyone in early December.

#6 Posted by jakob187 (21780 posts) -
@SpaceInsomniac: Based on that description, I actually AM interested.  Was the demo just as difficult as NG2?  I would definitely like something as thumb-numbing as DMC3 and NG2.
#7 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -
@SolemnOaf said:
" Wow, the game must really have one hell of an 'advertising budget', if ya know whut I mean. "
I see what you did there.
#8 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

I hope this comes to PC. 

#9 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3906 posts) -
@jakob187: @jakob187 said:

" @SpaceInsomniac: Based on that description, I actually AM interested.  Was the demo just as difficult as NG2?  I would definitely like something as thumb-numbing as DMC3 and NG2. "

Depends on who you believe: 
 http://www.destructoid.com/bayonetta-dev-high-degree-of-difficulty-not-always-good-148262.phtml
 http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/02/hideki-kamiya-hopes-bayonetta-will-be-sadistically-hard/

There are five difficulty levels.  Normal, two below that pretty much play themselves, and two above for expert players.  Unfortunately--unless they change it for the US release--you have to beat normal to unlock hard, and you have to beat hard to unlock the hardest difficulty.

On the bright side, you're also rated on each section of the game (bronze, silver, gold, platinum) so even normal should give you some goals to shoot for as you learn how to properly play the game.  To get platinum metals, you not only have to avoid being hurt much, but you also must kill your enemies very quickly.  Try the demo--which is limited to normal and the two easy difficulties--and see how many plays it takes you to get platinum metals in every section.

But to answer your question directly, no, the demo wasn't at all difficult.  Then again, neither was the Ninja Gaiden II demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.