Bayonetta looking like Bollocks on PS3.

• 56 results
#51 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -
@Icemael said:
You have obviously not played a lot of them, then. DMC and GoW are very different games. "
Nah, i've played plenty, trust me.
#52 Edited by evanbrau (1162 posts) -

This game doesn't look great and I am a fan of DMC, GoW and all those games, in particular I'm a fan of Clovers games but this game just looks retarded. Just being self aware shouldn't give a game a free pass for looking like a 12 year olds masturbatory fantasy. I really hope I'm proven wrong because I love Clover, I just don't have a good feeling about this game at all.

On topic it would be cool if multiplatform games could be identical no matter what platform they grace but I only have a ps3 for exclusives and such so its not as big a deal for me.

#53 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -

Sony make good hardware but shite software (hard to code for etc)
While ...
Microsoft make shite hardware but good software (rrod, billions of games etc)

#54 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@evanbrau said:
" This game doesn't look great and I am a fan of DMC, GoW and all those games, in particular I'm a fan of Clovers games but this game just looks retarded. Just being self aware should give a game a free pass for looking like a 12 year olds masturbatory fantasy."
Swap "masturbatory" for "macho", and you have DMC and GoW. They are just as "retarded" as Bayonetta.
#55 Edited by evanbrau (1162 posts) -
@Icemael: Oh I totally agree but generally its just confined to the dreadful cutscenes which I skip. I haven't seen many videos till now but have been watching some and it looks like what I avoid in the cutscenes is now one of the focal points of the gameplay. As I said I hope I'm proven wrong and its an awesome action game where I just jump through any story but it just looks like something I'm going to hate.

100th post!!!!
#56 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@evanbrau: The things that makes me hate cutscenes in DMC is the horrific dialogue, and the fact that I'm not in control in any of the batshit crazy things they do. From what I've seen, Bayonetta's gameplay puts me in control of the insanity that usually is confined to cutscenes, without making me suffer through horrible dialogue. The cutscenes will, of course, be really stupid, but the gameplay seems to go above and beyond every other game in the genre.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.