Closely related to God Hand?

#1 Edited by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

I know this game gets a lot of comparisons to DMC, but it seems more closely related to God Hand to me.

Anyone know how many developers the two have in common?

#2 Posted by Rowr (5478 posts) -

I thought the main dude working on Bayonetta previously worked on DMC games.

I could be wrong.

#3 Posted by Rikitatsu (9 posts) -

Its a mix of DMC and GODHAND 

#4 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Watched the trailer, looked like a re-skinned DMC4 to me.
But this thread re sparked my interest in god hand, thanks lol

#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Rowr said:
"I thought the main dude working on Bayonetta previously worked on DMC games.

I could be wrong."
Hideki Kamiya, the man behind Bayonetta, created the DMC series and only really made the first game. He then went on the Viewtiful Joe 1&2, then Okami and now Bayonetta. He didn't have anything to do with Godhand from my knowledge, but Clover Studios is essentially what is Platinum Games now and there could be many members of the Godhand team on Bayonneta, but I wouldn't know. ...or the Godhand team could be working on the unknown Shinji Mikami game right now.
#6 Posted by Bear (247 posts) -

Didn't clover join with some other developer to form Platinum?  They were a company called seed or something for a short time in between Clover and Platinum.

#7 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

the action/gameplay is very Devil May Cry-ish but the cutscenes i have seen do have a godhand feel to them. the style and the dialogue remind me of the OTT, deliberately cheesy cutscenes from Godhand

#8 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Bear said:
"Didn't clover join with some other developer to form Platinum?  They were a company called seed or something for a short time in between Clover and Platinum."
Seeds Inc merged with ODD incorporated in October of 2007. They became PlatinumGames when merging with SEGA.

Atsushi Inaba, also former Clover Studio member, was producer of God Hand, Okami, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, and also worked as a tech support for the first Devil May Cry. I'm willing to bet he's overseeing Bayonetta, probably as producer. In a 1up interview he mentioned working more closely with Kamiya, keeping him in line so he sticks with deadlines.
#9 Posted by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

It's definitely the cutscenes I've seen that remind me of God Hand, much more than DMC - that and the crazy crotch shots and hair attacks.
The thing about her guns having names seems like a big DMC joke.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.