Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Closely related to God Hand?

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By oraknabo

I know this game gets a lot of comparisons to DMC, but it seems more closely related to God Hand to me.

Anyone know how many developers the two have in common?

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rowr

I thought the main dude working on Bayonetta previously worked on DMC games.

I could be wrong.

Rikitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Rikitatsu

Its a mix of DMC and GODHAND 

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BlindEffekt

Watched the trailer, looked like a re-skinned DMC4 to me.
    But this thread re sparked my interest in god hand, thanks lol

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush
    Rowr said:
    "I thought the main dude working on Bayonetta previously worked on DMC games.

I could be wrong."
    Hideki Kamiya, the man behind Bayonetta, created the DMC series and only really made the first game. He then went on the Viewtiful Joe 1&2, then Okami and now Bayonetta. He didn't have anything to do with Godhand from my knowledge, but Clover Studios is essentially what is Platinum Games now and there could be many members of the Godhand team on Bayonneta, but I wouldn't know. ...or the Godhand team could be working on the unknown Shinji Mikami game right now.
    Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bear

Didn't clover join with some other developer to form Platinum?  They were a company called seed or something for a short time in between Clover and Platinum.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Lemegeton

the action/gameplay is very Devil May Cry-ish but the cutscenes i have seen do have a godhand feel to them. the style and the dialogue remind me of the OTT, deliberately cheesy cutscenes from Godhand

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru
    Bear said:
    "Didn't clover join with some other developer to form Platinum?  They were a company called seed or something for a short time in between Clover and Platinum."
    Seeds Inc merged with ODD incorporated in October of 2007. They became PlatinumGames when merging with SEGA.

Atsushi Inaba, also former Clover Studio member, was producer of God Hand, Okami, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, and also worked as a tech support for the first Devil May Cry. I'm willing to bet he's overseeing Bayonetta, probably as producer. In a 1up interview he mentioned working more closely with Kamiya, keeping him in line so he sticks with deadlines.
    oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By oraknabo

It's definitely the cutscenes I've seen that remind me of God Hand, much more than DMC - that and the crazy crotch shots and hair attacks.
    The thing about her guns having names seems like a big DMC joke.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.